Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:25 pm 
Felix still can't find the tyre repair kit. Eventually, considering that it is now about two in the morning and you spent most of the night in a cemetery talking with a ghost, the group heads to some spare Pandion bunks and falls asleep.

When you wake up the next morning, after Not Quite Enough Sleep, there's a one-woman motor scooter outside the gates, with several tyres and a few Miscellaneous Items (including a new tyre repair kit) in her trailer. The Pandions manning the gate are security-conscious enough that they won't let her in until you've (at the very least) confirmed that she is from your Ship.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:37 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
After hearing the report of someone at the gate, Felix heads out front to meet the new arrival.

"Hey, thanks for bringing the tires. You got here just in time, we need to head out yesterday."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:33 pm 
“That might’ve been problematic, I only woke up yesterday.” She waved. “Dr Samantha Redgrave, you?”

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:39 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"These days I call myself Felix False," Felix says. "Let's get these supplies inside so we can change out the tire on the truck."

Felix nods to the Knights on guard duty.

"She's with us."

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 am 
Sam, once the guard seem to loosen up, wheels the bike into the courtyard and props it up next to the bike, where she proceeds to start changing the tire.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:15 pm 
Once someone is willing to vouch for Samantha, the Pandions are perfectly happy to let her in. Changing the wheel is simple enough; a young Elene boy (who doesn't look like a knight at all) by the name of Talen even comes out to watch the process.

Talen: Sleight of hand: +5 Roll: +0 Total: +5
Dr. Redgrave: Alertness: +2 Roll: +1 Total: +3

Samantha doesn't notice a thing when he quietly appraises and appropriates the contents of her pockets.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:55 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix eyes Talen for a moment before deciding to introduce them.

"Doctor, this is Talen. He's been a pretty big help. Talen this is Doctor Samantha Redgrave."

He'll also help put the tire on so the process goes faster.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:00 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady comes wandering up, sees Talen is near a new Terran, and shakes his head. "Good morning. I'm Father Arkady Sergeyovich Fedorenko. And the young man standing in front of you? He is is very useful. He is also an accomplished thief. Was there anything dangerous in your pockets?"

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:13 am 
Hi, Dr Samantha Redgrave, Agricultural Sciences. I brought everything the ship asked me to, but my pet gelatinous ooze...” She patted her pockets with a look of mild, but resigned, concern.. “...seems to have escaped. It was pretending to be an apple last I saw it, if that helps, but it might have decided to be something else. And it’s only mildly venomous, anyway, you’d only loose a finger, forearm at worst.” Maintaining tone and expression, she turned up to Arkady. “Y’all’ve been on this planet for barely a month and you’ve managed to adopt a changeling and juvie bait. What charmed lives you lead.”

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:30 am 
Samantha: Deceit: +1 Unbelievable: -2 Roll: -1 Total: -2
Talen: Resolve: +1 Roll: -1 Total: +0

"What's a gelatinous cube?" asks the boy, apparently completely unconcerned.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:47 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Roger arrives and greets the new arrival.

"Hello. My name is Roger. Pleased to meet you."

Roger extends his hand for a shake.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:54 am 
Its a blob of jelly that likes to pretend to be something else and then eat it. Or wait for the contact poison to paralyze it’s prey so it can just dissolve it’s prey at its own leisure. Honestly, if he wants a pocket full of shiny rocks with holes in em, he can keep them, but I am deeply offended that he believes in vampires and not mimic oozes.”

She shook Rodger’s hand. “Dr Samantha Redgrave, Agricultural Sciences, but you can all call me Sam.”

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:05 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady grins. "We met a count who looks a lot like Dracula not long ago. He seemed interested in Talen for some reason. Piper looks cute in her garlic necklace, where ever she might have been getting it. Oh, and there are two of her that we know of. One is around here somewhere."
Turning to Talen: "All right, Talen. Whatever it is, give it back. Otherwise the nice knights will find it and get offended that you took it in their hold."

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:15 am 
Talen rolls his eyes. "Got to keep my hand in somehow, guv."

He gives Samantha back her apple, her shiny rocks with holes in them, her gilded horseshoe necklace, and any other small valuables she may have secreted about her person.

"You know that necklace is just coated, right?" he asks her. "It's got some other metal inside."

"Are we about ready to go?" asks a severe but unarmed man in simple black clothes (Patriarch Ortzel). "The sooner we can get going, the better."

"Quite." An older but more fit man, wearing decorated and probably ceremonial armour and armed with a sword, agrees. (Preceptor Vanire) "I hope there's room for me to join you?"

There's another large, muscular man (this one in chain mail and armed with a large axe) already seated in the back of one of the trucks, ready to go. His startlingly red beard makes a strange contrast against his ebony-black Elene skin. (Sir Ulath)

Piper, who unlike the Elenes is so pale white that she could almost be mistaken for an albino if one ignores her brilliantly blue eyes, can be found quietly sleeping in the passenger seat of one of the trucks if one cares to look for her.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:17 am 
Well, of course there are two Pipers, she’s obviously fae. And I know it’s coated, it’s silver over iron, my parents got it gilded when the iron started giving me a rash. And the bike can probably keep up, if y’all need the room on the trucks.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG