Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:51 am 
"What's 'video documentation?'" asks the ghost.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:54 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady grins. "Your highness, can we ask in a couple of Pandions to bear witness in a court of law?"

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:16 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"It's a recollection of images and sounds from the past," Felix says.

He taps his visor and his tablet.

"Using these pieces of equipment I can record sight and sound in the same way a writer records words into a book for future audiences to witness for themselves."

Felix will pull out the tablet and show the King a previously recorded video as an example.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:11 pm 
"Yes. Yes, by all means, send them in. Perhaps they will know what has become of my sister."

Kajin wrote:
Felix will pull out the tablet and show the King a previously recorded video as an example.

The King peers at the image in the screen, of himself telling the tale of the rings turning red. He tries to reach into the screen, and his ghostly hand passes through it; and where his hand passes through, the tablet gains an almost immediate coating of ice; fortunately, Felix manages to snatch the tablet away before his hand gets too firmly caught in the ice.

"Fascinating," he says. "Can you make it show further in the past?"

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I can only show what my devices have seen or heard, unfortunately, but I have a wide range of devices that can see, hear, or both, and that cover a wide variety of functions. We used a disguised one some time ago to catch Raven talking about a plot to discredit and disband the Pandion Knights," Felix explains. "I have small hidden ones placed in the palace right now to try and catch further plots, and I've even used a flying one at one point to try and locate the lair of a local thief."

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:52 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady fetches some of the Pandions; between them and Sir Ulath he figures there will be enough of a buffer in case of accident.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:47 pm 
The King's ghost turns out to be a very stubborn fellow, insisting that Felix use his "magic mirror" to look at a particular date several weeks before the Terran ship landed, telling him that he can "see it all for himself" and steadfastly refusing all suggestion that this is impossible.

Arkady does manage to get three Pandions and Sir Ulath to witness (while Felix records the whole scene) the King's Ghost claiming that Primate Raven had poisoned him, "him and that traitorous sister of mine, where is she now, by the way?" (As it happens, one of the Pandions was aware of the answer to this question - she's been secluded inside an extremely strict nunnery, where she will be lucky if she so much as lays eyes on a man again outside of carefully chaperoned visiting hours - an answer which the ghostly King declares is "just what she deserves" and insists that she should never be allowed to escape.)

But before too long, and despite remaining at all times close to his tomb (and thus to his own mortal remains), the King begins to get paler and paler, more and more transparent, and it's clear that he won't be able to remain for very long.

Are there any last questions anyone would like to ask, before he fades away again?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:24 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix ponders for a moment.

"Beyond saving your daughter and avenging your death, is there anything you'd like us to do? Some task you'd like carried out? Words you'd like passed along?"

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:18 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Not one to casually abandon a viable plan 'b', Arkady asks: "Your highness, do you know where any other enchanted items can be found? Besides the Blue Rose?"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:29 pm 
"Do not forget me," says the King, fading quickly. "I was never a very good king, but try not to show my failures too clearly... I have told you of all the magical items that I know of..."

Eventually, he fades away to nothing, leaving little more than a dark crypt.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:45 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady prays quietly, then says "He came back to fix his mistakes and save his people. That's more than most do. Rest in peace, Your Highness."

He then turns to the others. "I think we are needing to have a chat with Vanire and Ortzel. Unless we are wanting to invite the Count for a cup of tea while we are in the city."

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:12 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"The city gates are closed until morning," Felix says. "We've got some time to kill, unless our friends the knights know of a way out of the city?"

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:23 am 
"We... might," says one of the Pandions, cautiously.

"Tavern keeper on the east side," says Talen, promptly. "He's got a window that looks out through the wall and will let a rope down for a few silver. There's at least a dozen ways out of here when the gates are closed, but that's the only one the Pandions know about."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:53 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Then I guess we should take our leave and speak with Vanire and Ortzel immediately, unless anyone has any business they wish to conduct in the city?"

Felix waves the group along, out of the crypt. When he finds a chance he pulls Talen aside out of earshot of the group.

"Talen, remind me. Next time we're in Cimmura I want to have a chat with your boss. We've got other matters to attend to before then, but I'd like that chat."

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:41 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady eyes the Pandions. "Are you under any particular orders regarding sneaking out that way?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG