Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:36 am 
(Are you planning on inviting Undul around for dinner tonight, as in immediately with no chance of giving Dolmant any form of advance notice, or will you extend the invitation for tomorrow evening after sunset, giving Dolmant and Vanire a bit of time to prepare themselves?)

"Hmmmm," says Undul. "But even if you were not, you would claim that you were, would you not?"

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:24 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "Of course we would. But even if only a tithe of what we are saying is true, then any other arch-prelate would still be a better outcome." He grins a bit. "Your Grace, I am not knowing the protocol for dinner invitations in this city. If you think that there is no chance of Primate Raven being elected tomorrow, then perhaps it would be more polite if we gave Patriarch Dolmant some warning you would be coming. But if you are thinking that Raven could somehow...get more support and be elected tomorrow? Then perhaps Patriarch Dolmant will forgive us if you join us at his table tonight."

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:56 am 
Undul drums his fingers on the table. "Hmmm. Your story... I want to hear more. I'm not yet convinced which way my little group should be voting, but I can promise you a delay - that we won't vote, one way or the other, until after tomorrow evening. And without us, Raven doesn't have the votes to be elected. This way, you can inform Dolmant and give him a chance to prepare; while I take the time to consult with the other Patriarchs in my group."

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:45 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "We'll tell his Grace when we get back to his home; I am guessing the details can be formalized tomorrow. Thank you for your time and attention, your Grace; and if I may be asking; please do not shout about our recording machine from the rooftops just yet."

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:49 am 
Arkady's pretty sure that Undul fully intends to provide that one-day delay in his vote - though he'll probably present it to Raven as holding out for a higher price.

Undul gives Arkady's request a tentative nod, and heads on out.

--------------

When the rest of you return to Dolmant's estate, you find a pleasant surprise awaiting you - apparently three of the hiding Patriarchs have heard of - and decided to take advantage of - the Church Knight's offer to protect them. They're currently seated at Dolmant's table, between Sir Sparhawk and another of his Knights, nervously having dinner.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:03 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix makes note of the new arrivals.

"This is quickly turning into a headache. What more can we do?"

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:00 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "Eat our dinner and brief our hosts, I am thinking." He finds a place and looks to Dolmant. "Your Grace, we've invited Patriarch Undul to dine with you tomorrow night. He wants to discuss some things with Sir Ulath and Preceptor Vanire, to be confirming some things we've told him. He says his little group will abstain on the matter of the Arch-Prelate until after the dinner, and I am believing that he means it. I hope you do not mind."

Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:01 am 
"I most certainly do not mind," says Dolmant. "If we can but persuade those eleven to vote with us, we can stave off the election pretty much indefinitely. That will give us time to start working on the Patriarchs who have already been bribed."

"Even better," pipes up Talen, "is that it doesn't really matter what they do. With these three gentlemen joining in the proceedings, the number of votes required to elect a new Arch-Prelate goes up to seventy-nine. Even if they do suddenly decide to vote for Raven, he'd only have seventy-eight votes."

Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:48 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods at Talen. "True, if there are no more surprises and no one goes to the privy. I would feel safer if we had the other 11." Looking at the other Terrans: "Are we going to try to print a morning edition or can we be sleeping tonight?"

Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:44 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
"Hmm that's a good question. What's the headline, that the Patriarchs are deadlocked for the moment?"

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:10 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I can't imagine there's anything I'd want to say," Felix muses. "Beyond encouragement to the Patriarchs in hiding from Raven. We got three. We could maybe get more."

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:10 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shakes is head. "That may be difficult. Until it is widely know that we are behind the posters, I think we should be keeping our return address quiet. And it is hard to write a good personal ad anonymously. Perhaps our young thief can spread the word that three of them are here and healthy?" After a few seconds, he adds: "I wonder if Vanire can check anyone who suddenly decides they like the Crow for bite marks?"

Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:36 am 
"Everyone that we've seen that the Seeker bit has had that blank-eyed stare," points out Theresa. "I guess if they can hide that, they would be harder to spot. But if the Crow could arrange that, then why even bother with the bribes? Just find an excuse to bring the other Patriarchs in, hold them down, and get them bitten?"

Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "If he could do it for free, he might. But I am hearing that favors from dark powers come at a price. And there's the risk that the Elene god might get upset if too many of his patriarchs get enslaved, so it would not be his first choice." After a second he finishes: "If he can get what he wants with stolen gold he will; but if not then his thinking might be changing. I am not thinking the Crow will be stopping at anything he needs to do to get elected."

Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:40 pm 
"Yeah, that makes sense. He doesn't seem like a stop-at-anything kind of person," agrees Theresa. "Do we know if he has a backup plan, if that bribery doesn't work out? Do we know what it is?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG