Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:45 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I'm mostly worried about someone sabotaging our trucks while we're away, I've no problem with driving them up to the gates," Felix says. "Let's find this Dolmant fellow and see what he has to say about where to stash our trucks."

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:21 am 
Piper considers the question. "What are the odds that he'll feature in the history books?" she asks.

"The Patriarch will be inside the city," says Sir Ulath. "The gate guards will be able to direct us to his house."

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:54 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "If the seeker is in there, how do we drive around an ambush on a crowded street? I am thinking Talen can look around and deliver a message to the Patriarch where we would drive straight into a battle."

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:55 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I don't think we'll encounter anymore of those mind wiped drones. I'd rather just go in and get it over with, but if you're dead set on this we can send Talen," Felix says.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:30 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks at the truck, then back at Felix. "Forgive me, but I have gotten Industrial Age on too many people's asses back home. If we can avoid that by waiting for a few hours, I would rather wait."

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:05 am 
"The Seeker isn't in Chyrellos," say Sir Ulath, firmly. "Ambushing some peasants on the road is one thing, but the Chyrellos gate guards are another matter entirely; and the Seeker is clearly non-human in appearance. If it had tried to get in, there would have been alarms raised, and panic, and certain signal fires lit. We'd know about it."

"Unless it was smuggled in," points out Talen. "All it would need for that is a couple of human allies who know what they're doing."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:59 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods towards Talen. "The primate is good at bribing people. And even if he is not a servant of the wrong god, too many of his friends are and one of them is good at magic. Unless we have to hurry I think we should be letting him look around first."

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:46 pm 
With general consensus having been reached that there's much to gain and little to lose by sending in Talen first, the group sits back and waits for his report. True to his words, the boy is back by the very next day.

Talen: Contacting: +4 Roll: +0 Total: +4

On his return, he's managed to pick up quite a bit of news (not to mention, quite an appetite; his report is delivered between bites of lunch).

"Had a bit of a chat with a fellow I knew in there. Well, turned it he knew a guy, who knew a guy, who drinks with a guy who works in the Basilica, that's where all the Church nobs meet. And the Primate's been going in there every day since he arrived about a week ago."

"As a Primate," points out Sir Ulath, "he doesn't have the right to address the Basilica unless called in as a witness or an expert by one of the Patriarchs."

"Maybe," says Talen, "but he's there every day anyhow. He keeps sending written notes down to this one Patriarch an' then that guy stands up and says the stuff on the note instead. I guess the Primate bought himself a speaker? Anyhow, nobody's heard or seen anything about man-sized insects. Or people with that sorta blank stare. Though there's a number of people that're asking why nothing's come up the Cimmura road in the last week or so. But the big news is - Cluvonious is dying. Rumour says he's got less than a week to live."

Sir Ulath winces. "The Arch-Prelate."

"Yeah, the big hob-nob, the guy at the tippiest top of the Church. The guy who sets the rules that all the Church guys have to follow. And there's already a big argument about who's gonna be the next one. But a polite argument, y'know? Well, mostly. No-one's kniving each other where you can see 'em, at least. And apparently there's like a dozen different factions all picking their champion, y'know? But word on the street is that the Primate Annias is gonna be the next Arch-Prelate. He's already got more than half the votes on his side, he's just waiting for the old guy to die. Could someone pass the cheese?"

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:09 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Well that's worrisome. If the Arch-Prelate dies and Raven becomes Arch-Prelate... that doesn't seem like it would be pleasant for anyone who made an enemy of him. Seems like we should administer some healthcare to the dying man."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:17 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks a bit sour as he hands over a chunk of cheese. "Or an antidote. It is sounding like we need to visit Patriarch Dolmant." He looks at Talen, then shakes his head. "This was easier before an elder god started to read about us. Sir Ulath, are these patriarchal estates inside the city?"

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:26 am 
"Cluvonious is over ninety years old," points out Sir Ulath, "and he's been getting more than a little vague in the last few years. Though poison is a possibility, I doubt that the Primate would have needed any. He's been barely hanging on for years now. As for the city...

"It's divided into two parts, the inner city and the outer city. The inner city lies within the original city walls, and includes the Basilica and the estates of certain Patriarchs. The outer city is within the newer walls, built after the city grew too large for the inner walls; many of the Patriarchs have their estates in the outer city."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:49 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "Then let's hope someone has a large door to their courtyard. Talen, would they be in the Basilica now? "

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:33 am 
"Lotta the Patriarchs have been going in every day at dawn," says Talen. "Coming out only at dusk. Some leave every day round noon, but they're always back before an hour is up. Dunno about this Dolmant fellow in specific, my contact didn't know 'im."

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:30 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks towards Sir Ulath. "Could you get into the Basilica to see Dolmant if he is in there now?"

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:59 am 
"No, but I could probably send him a note. Unless one of the Patriarchs has left orders that they're not to be disturbed."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG