Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix holds up his hands in a mollifying gesture at Alstrom's glare.

"I'll go prep the trucks so we can get underway when you two are finished with your prayers."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:27 am 
The Baron shakes his head. "You're not familiar with Lamorkand, are you?" he asks. "We're a proud, prickly people. We carry grudges and our internal alliances and feuds are both deep and complex. After this - if any of my men put so much as a toe in Groan's lands, I can think of at least three other minor nobles in the area who would take immediate exception." The baron shakes his head. "I'll do what I can for the boy, and for those families who look to him for protection."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:42 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix and Theresa attend to the trucks and make sure everything is ready to go. They'll make sure the road is clear of bodies and debris so everything is clear for when the party leaves.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "Thank you. Now if you will please excuse me." He then goes off to pray.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:35 pm 
Nate comes down from where he's been sniping. He's been busy collecting his empty brass. He doesn't say anything as he loads his rifle and gear into the back of a truck and gets ready to leave.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:10 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Roger makes packs up his gear. He's ready to leave whenever.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:57 pm 
In fairly short order the group leaves, the party having been expanded by one Patriarch Ortzel. Once again, you run into evidence that the Seeker is still about, in the shape of peasants who have been bitten; fortunately, only in small groups, which barely slow you down (though the one who drops out of a tree with a knife gives Ortzel a very bad fright - fortunately, Sir Ulath was in the same truck at the time).

It's as you're passing the capital of Cimmura that something else happens. It starts out innocently enough - you see a black-armoured knight (perhaps a Pandion?) seated on an extremely thin horse, in the middle of the road. He gives the impression that he is waiting for you.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:18 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix levels the turret at the knight.

"Who goes there? Identify yourself!"

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:51 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady keeps a look out, his friend the sergeant nearby (and his bible on his person). He's starting to wonder if getting Ortzel to town is actually going to be good enough...

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:21 am 
The Knight raises his visor without saying a word, and Arkady, Nathan and Felix all recognise him. You last saw him collapsing to the ground as a smoke demon was expelled from his lungs via his ear, and you know for a fact that he was dead at the time.

He looks calm and serene.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Piper, what are we looking at? Some kind of revenant?"

Felix steps off the turret and leaps over the side of the truck onto the ground. He gestures at Theresa, who grabs two baseball bats from the truck and exits the vehicle. Passing one bat to Felix, the two cautiously approach the knight.

"Sir Parasim. Last I saw you weren't looking so good. How are you feeling? What brings you here?"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm 
"Ghost," says Piper. "Not bound. Very rare. Put those weapons away, you couldn't do anything with them."

"Ghost?" asks Ortzel, scrambling hurriedly from his seat. But he relaxes as soon as he sees the shade. "Oh, a Pandion. That's alright, then."

Felix' approach is marked by the discovery that ghosts apparently stink; there's a reek of rot about Sir Parasim, a stench of death. This isn't a ghost that can slink about long undiscovered.

"You who stand free of Destiny," intones the ghost of Sir Parasim, "there is that which you must know. More hinges on your quest than you can imagine."

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I'm not going to like what you have to say, am I? Things already seem dire enough." Felix sighs, handing his bat to Theresa and telling her to go back to the truck. "Please, enlighten us."

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Curiosity getting the better of him Roger approaches and stands next to Felix. Roger eyes the spirit from head to toe.

For the time being, he breathes through his mouth.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:00 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I'm guessing the only way Arkady can hear this is to get out of the truck and walk around the one in front; so he sets the brake, slings the sergeant, and walks around to the ghost.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG