Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:07 am 
Nate and Roger start heading back towards the Ship, bringing five coma patients with them in one of the trucks.

After a while, they hear a gentle tune from the back of the truck; Piper's playing a vague little song back there.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:19 pm 
Nate, who is driving, turns to the window to the back.

"You want to ride up here in the cab, Kiddo?"

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:34 pm 
Piper shakes her head, without interrupting her tune.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:17 pm 
Aside from a brief nap just after lunch, Piper continues playing her little meandering tune without much in the way of interruption. The road as far as the capital city of Cimmura is good, but the road from there back to the Ship is honestly terrible. Fortunately, the patients remain fairly stable, and nothing in particular seems to happen to prevent you reaching the Ship safely after a couple of days' travel.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:25 am 
As Nate slams the door to the truck he waves over a couple of the guards woken to protect the colony.

"Hey, I'm going to see Doc Vanderbilt. Could you keep an eye on these guys for a few minutes for me please? It's unlikely they'll wake up, but if they do, I need you to make sure they don't go anywhere. Use lethal force if needed, but they're more use to us alive."

Nate heads into the ship and finds the Doc.

"Hey Doctor, I have some insect demon brainwash zombies here for you to inspect, if you have some time to spare."

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:45 am 
"Er, sure," stammers a nervous young man with a rifle.

Dr. Vanderbilt comes out quickly when called. Aside from a brief surprise at how quickly you got back, she's immediately ready and starts organising the transfer of the patients; before long, they're in separate beds in Sickbay, very thoroughly restrained, and she starts running them through a battery of scans.

It'll take a day or two to get even the most preliminary results from the scans. Would you like to hang around here until there's something ready, in case Dr. Vanderbilt can synthesise an antidote, or would you prefer to head out at once and hear about the results on the radio?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:30 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
In the mean time, Roger will work on the translation program. He also checks his camera trap.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:17 pm 
So far, the camera trap has trapped no-one - perhaps because the mysterious person with the root password hasn't logged in to the system since the trap was placed.

Dr. Vanderbilt: Medicine: +3 Roll: -2 Total: +1

After two days, Dr. Vanderbilt's complete analysis of the five peasants is complete. Unfortunately, it's rather discouraging; by this stage, the Seeker's poison has metabolised into dozens of unique and very interesting chemical compounds, making an antidote tricky (if not impossible). Worse yet, entire areas of the brain (mostly those relating to personality and memory) are simply gone - the doctor thinks that, with the right combination of medications, she can probably prevent the peasants from mindlessly obeying the Seeker's commands, but she suspects that restoring their original personalities might well be impossible, largely on the basis that there's nothing left to restore.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:19 am 
So, the peasants are still in their comas, strapped into beds in the medical bay. Dr. Vanderbilt doesn't think that she can come up with an antivenom unless she can first get hold of a fresh sample of Seeker venom, since it metabolises too quickly in the human body.

Radio contact tells you that the Chyrellos team is heading out to someplace called Lamorkand, to fetch a prospective candidate for the Arch-Prelacy. If you leave right away, you can meet up with them just outside the capital city of Cimmura and rejoin them. Shall I assume that you do so?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:23 pm 
Okay, so you head back to Cimmura to meet up with the others (after making sure to restock your medical supplies). You'll find them here.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:11 pm 
(I'd like to ask Piper a question in the context of the space ship if you don't mind before committing entirely to the other thread)

Roger tracks down Piper. He takes her into an empty room so as not to be overheard.

"A few of us are aware that our ships systems were tampered with, which is what caused our ship to land here in the first place. You've demonstrated some extraordinary abilities, so I'd like to ask if it was you. I won't tell anyone if it was, but I need to know one way or the other because if it wasn't you then it's a lot more concerning."

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:36 am 
Piper plays her pipes for a while, thinking over how to answer. Eventually, though, she lowers her pipes and looks Roger in the eye. "I know who did it," she says, "and I know why it was done. There are things that I can tell you, and there are things that I can't. And no, I can't tell you why I can't tell you the things that I can't tell you. One of the things that I can tell you is that the person who bought you here, did not and does not mean you any harm."

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:53 am 
Thank you Piper.

Roger gives the girl a hug, and then leaves to make preparations to meet up with the rest of the group.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:34 am 
Piper hugs back, and gives Roger several kisses as well. She really is a very affectionate child.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG