Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I'm afraid there will be something of a language barrier. The four of us are the only Terrans that can speak Elene. Whoever you send will have to be prepared to learn an entirely new language before they can effectively converse with our fellows."

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:32 am 
"...ah. A most vexing complication." The Count contemplates the situation for a moment. "Regardless," he says after a bit, "you are more than welcome to return any time you find yourself in the vicinity, or should you ever wish to consult my archive of stories and legends again."

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:20 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Thank you for the hospitality and good luck to you." Felix says, standing up.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:59 am 
And so, farewells are said and the group heads out. The Minstrel, who has been very quiet ever since he was saved from the Countess' influence, heads off on his own (planning, apparently, to never return to anywhere even close to the Countess) and the rest of you return to your trucks, preparing to head off to...

...where, exactly?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:45 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Before they leave, Arkady asks the count: "What became of your sister's victims? I'd like to offer a memorial prayer for their souls."

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 pm 
The Count frowns. "What was left of them after her cannibalistic tortures, so far as I can tell, she cremated and reduced to ash. I have no idea what she did with the resultant ashes."

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:55 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "Then it is sounding like I will be needing to visit your cellar again before we go, if you do not object." If he doesn't, then Arkady will head down and bless the place then offer a memorial mass.

After they finally leave he'll look at Sir Ulfric. "Two of his suggestions involved your Church. Chyrellos and the Capitol. The second sounds like the primate and his friend in a robe could be involved. Any thoughts on the first?"

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:06 am 
The Count has no objection. Piper isn't there when Arkady offers his memorial mass, but she does give him a kiss on the cheek afterwards.

--------------

Sir Ulath considers the question. "No secret vault full of magic under Chyrellos," he eventually concludes. "If there was, Sir Sparhawk would have simply requisitioned something from it to use. And Preceptor Vanire is high enough in the Church hierarchy that he would know about such a vault, if it existed."

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:06 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "It may be worth taking a trip anyway. We will be needing to tithe to that city, so we should be making arrangements. Besides, I have been spending some time in a Church myself; not having an official 'secret vault' does not mean that there isn't a grain of truth to that rumor. There may be an item or two being held quietly."

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:33 pm 
"You think one of the Patriarchs might be keeping magic items about in his private capacity?" Sir Ulath considers the point for a long moment. "It's not completely impossible..." he finally concedes.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:34 pm 
"We should also look into that mine, if we happen to pass near it. A good source of raw materials for manufacturing would go a long way towards getting us on our feet. Plus it would be nice to have some finished goods to trade that wouldn't require David to re-do all his charts and planning.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:03 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady thinks for a second. "We should also be having a talk with Sir Vanire. If there is something to be seen under the Cathedral, he may be interested. He is also being the best one to talk to about the Patriarchs."

Then a thought crosses his mind and he turns to the local thief. "Have you heard anything about strange things happening under the Cathedral recently?"

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:59 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I also say we should look into the mine first chance we get. Metal trade goods will go a long way towards getting us what we want. After that we pursue these leads with the church. My suggestion."

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:53 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
The mine is why we came out here in the first place isn't it? It seems odd to give up on it now that we've come all this way.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:12 pm 
"The mine's a long way from the nearest major road," points out Sir Ulath, checking his map. Of course, that doesn't prevent you from investigating it first.

"There's always ghost stories about the crypt under the cathedral," says Talen, when asked. "I've been there once. Not a pleasant place to spend a night, but I won that dare. I don't know what's going on there now, but I do know that the thieves' guild aren't the ones making light at night."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG