Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:58 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady will probably be spending some time with Father Brown, being his titular superior and all. Besides, there's a lot to discuss. Other than that he'll pitch in as an engineer where needed and try to catch up on sleep.

Oh, and he'll organize a movie night.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:42 am 
Arkady discovers from Father Brown that all seems to be going well within the colony. He sometimes thinks that Zalasbra is avoiding him, but suspects that's probably mostly due to the language barrier - it's clear that Zalasbra does not like the idea of appearing ridiculous in any way, and thus prefers a stubborn silence instead of potentially mispronouncing something.

The movie night goes well, though Piper and Talen both think that the similarity in appearance between Count Stokes and Dracula is rather disquieting. Piper somehow manages to obtain a garlic necklace by the next morning, which should quite frankly be impossible because the Terran hydroponics haven't even been growing garlic. (She refuses to explain where it came from). And Talen tries to pretend that the film didn't affect him, but he is a bit jumpier the next day and shows a noticeable tendency to stand in direct sunlight, with his back to something solid.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix continues to work with Zalasbra. He chuckles and tousles Piper's hair when he gets the chance.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:50 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady will look in on the Felix and Zalasbra sporadically, but otherwise he's helping the colony with tools and such like while he's there.

Thinking to himself that when Piper grows tired of that necklace there will be any number of folks eager to take it to the kitchen, he refuses to actually ask where she got it. But he does mention that he's heard vampires can't cross running water to Talen. Just to see what he does with that.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 pm 
Zalasbra is dismayed at the amount of iron that a gun uses, and continually asks about replacing it with non-ferrous metals (he suggests bronze). Eventually, though, he runs out of questions and announces that working on designs will take him several days.

Talen thinks the that idea that a vampire can't cross running water is just stupid. Especially given how far they can jump. The idea that they've been faking their weaknesses does leave him even more nervous, though.

Piper remains very attached to her garlic necklace.

--------------

Eventually, it's time to head out into the word around them again. To the Capitol?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:38 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
To the capital!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:33 am 
To Cimmura it is, then.

--------------

You arrive at the Capitol after an uneventful journey. You report in to Vanire regarding the going-on at Stokes' Castle; he is shocked and more than a little dismayed that something like that managed to avoid his notice, and agrees to send a small group of Knights there at once - both to help deal with the Countess (though her magic does seem to have been defused) and to deal with the Brown-Robed Man or Martel, should either return. He's glad to receive the radio and to be able to retain contact despite distance.

Anything else anyone wants to discuss with Vanire? And if not, then where to next?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:59 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
There are a couple of things...Arkady tells him about the rumors regarding the crypt under the cathedral and the hooded man. Then he says "I have been thinking about exorcism. If I taught you what to ask, and you asked your god to help you against demons, would he?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:10 pm 
"I've certainly never heard of a hooded man around the Cathedral," muses Vanire. "The Primate often visits there, either to pray or to fulfill his Church duties - or perhaps both. It's possible he could be secretly meeting someone there, parts of the Cathedral are open to the public, after all..."

Weremensh wrote:
"I have been thinking about exorcism. If I taught you what to ask, and you asked your god to help you against demons, would he?

"We have our own tried and tested methods of dealing with demons; though I'm always glad to hear of new ideas and tactics. Is there any way to test it without actually facing down a demon?"

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix would like it if Arkady could teach him exorcism too.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:59 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
After considering for a second, Arkady smiles. "It's usually supposed to be used for cases of possession; demons don't manifest themselves very often back home. In theory it can cast out other types of spirits too. Is that something that you see around here?"

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:15 am 
"Possession?" asks Vanire.

--------------

A brief explanation later, his response is "I've certainly never heard of that happening. Magical control over a person, yes - from your description, the Countess Stokes was doing that to her servants - but the controlling entity remains a seperate entity. Even when the Smoke Demon went into Sir Parasim's lungs, it didn't make any attempt to take control - it merely shredded his lungs and left again."

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:33 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "Then I am guessing you would need to wait for a demon unless you are told before then that that particular prayer would be answered 'yes'." After a second he goes on: "You might also want to look into the crypt occasionally; I am told the thieves guild is not making the lights people have been seeing. I am also doubting that the primate's master in magical studies and the priest of Zemoch are two different people, and we have heard him visit the primate in his office. There might be something nasty down there."

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:56 am 
"If I take it to Chyrellos for consideration, the Patriarchs will probably debate it for six months and then come back to me with 'maybe'," predicts Vanire, cynically. "As for the cathedral - the entire building has been dedicated to the Elene god, so demons and priests of opposed religions will find themselves at a significant disadvantage there; moreover, none of my more magic-sensitive Knights have picked up any signs of long-term corruption, or corruption at all for that matter - which means that it's nowhere near as bad as what happened with the Countess. On the other hand, it is one of the few places in the city that Primate Raven can visit at any time with absolutely no notice taken of it, as his churchly duties require frequent visits to the Cathedral - it's possible that someone's passing him messages in there at night, or something along those lines. I assume you're planning on having a closer look yourself?"

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:26 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks amused by the first. "Then it is sounding like it is up to you. I can teach you how to ask, but I have heard nothing from My Lord regarding how he would feel about you asking Him for help. It would be best if it is between you and him that you serve."

"As for the cathedral, I was hoping you could look into it so we could be on our way to Chyrellos. There are rumors of magic items being in the city, and it could be that one or two are being quietly held there. And now that you tell us our friend the Primate is on the way, I think we should try to keep him from being too lonely. It would be a friendly thing to do." After a second he shrugs. "But if that is being politically difficult, I think we could try. We do have a native guide, after all."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG