Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post subject: Re: Pandions On Trial
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:59 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix watches the Primate Raven squirming, thinking about the next moves to make. He's got an idea of what he wants to do but will need to discuss matters with Vanire and Piper before he goes ahead with it.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:47 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
As the yelling continues, Arkady asks "Is there anything else we need to do here in town, or is this about it?" Being curious, he studies everyone else in the room just to see how the rest of the locals are taking in this scene.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:17 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"There's a couple of things I want to do in town," Felix whispers. "First I'd like to go back to the Pandion HQ so we can talk in private."

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:50 am 
Vanire nods. "I think this is about all we can do here for the moment," he agrees. Leaving one of his trusted Knights behind to keep an eye on things (not that there's any expectation of further trouble, but caution seems a good idea), he leads the group out of the room and through the Palace

"I'd like to check in on the Queen," he says, "while we're here. I'm not sure how aware she is at the moment, but I think that if she is aware at all, she'd appreciate visitors."

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:41 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
While they're doing that, Felix takes Talen and Piper aside. He pulls out a bag of tiny metal tokens and shows it to them.

"Are you two interested in playing a game?" Felix asks. "It's called 'Hide the Discus'. We each take turns hiding the discs and whoever manages to keep the most from being found wins. Don't worry about losing them, I can make more quite easily."

Universal Gadget: Hidden Bugs. Wide Area and Miniaturization upgrades.

Talen is a smart kid and Piper may well be reading his mind. He figures the two of them will catch on and help him bug the Palace while pretending to play. The two children can get into areas he probably couldn't without raising suspicion.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:49 am 
Talen gives Felix a Look, one that speaks whole volumes, and the volumes in this case seem to all be variants on the subject of "are you crazy?"

Piper, on the other hand, grabs a double handful of discs at once. "Bet I can hide more than you can!"

--------------

It turns out that yes, small children can get into areas of the palace that grown-ups cannot. The problem is only exacerbated when one of the children in question seems to be able to be in two places at once and turn outright invisible when no-one is looking, and the other steals everything that's not nailed down - up to and including, in at least one case, the keys right off a guard's belt.

By the time the group is thrown out of the Palace, the guards were rather upset - Talen had been captured and searched, but somehow managed to avoid having anything found on him but a handful of Felix' discs. The guards, convinced that he'd been stealing something, promptly confiscated the lot - and insisted on making sure that no-one else was walking out with any of the things, either. (By that point, about three-quarters of the bag had been hidden somewhere - the guards promptly took the rest of the bag back to their barracks while they tried to figure out what the things were, which was one of the few places in the Palace where Piper hadn't hidden any of the discs).

On the way back to the Chapterhouse, Talen does express a bit of surprise that the guards hadn't found any of the stuff he'd actually stolen... "I knew they were incompetent," he grumbles, "but if they're that incompetent, then where's the challenge?"

"If you really want to get captured," says Piper, sweetly, "you should really tell me in advance next time. So what were those discs, Felix?"

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:41 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Same thing I did last time," Felix says, patting Piper's head idly. His eyes wander the stalls and buildings as they walk, keeping an eye out for interesting activity in that vague way someone does when traveling. Not really looking for anything but simply taking in the sights. "Let's me know what's up."

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:14 pm 
"An' how, exactly?" asks Talen, suspiciously.

Before his question can be answered, though, the group reaches the gates of the Pandion chapterhouse. Much to Talen's amusement, not even their own Preceptor is excused from the ritual examination and checking of his identity at the gate (though he does have an amulet that he offers up for inspection as proof of identity).

And then, the gate guards having thoroughly checked everyone for evidence of being impersonators, you are all let in to the Chapterhouse. Vanire leads the group to a small meeting room.

"Well, gentlemen, it seems we have some time to talk. To start off with, then, what happened in Rendor?"

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:05 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"We got a sample of the darestim and initial experiments suggest we can produce a cure given time. We went to investigate Aramsham to see if his ram horn was sufficiently magical to power the spell Lady Sephrenia learned that could cure the Queen. It was a fake. Martel was there acting as Aramsham's advisor and was using magic to make it talk and manipulate Aramsham. We outed him as an associate of demons and Aramsham went nuts. Martel had apparently been manipulating him towards not attacking your nation, so after Martel escaped he ordered his followers to march here."

Felix takes a deep breath and continues.

"I managed to convince Aramsham to take two weeks to 'cleanse' his ranks of spies and demon worshipers/demon possessed by following a regimen of self flagellation and fasting so hopefully they'll show up malnourished and wounded. We'll need to prepare to fight his fanatics. During the scuffle I'd managed to tag Martel with location tracking tech. We followed him to a boat in port and laid siege to it. When the situation got out of hand for him a Damork showed up and started blasting everything to ash and splinters. The ship Martel was on exploded violently. We didn't see a body after that, so I'm wondering if he might still be active. Working together, Sephrenia and I managed to destroy the Damork's physical body and send it back to... wherever it came from. Then we left and came back here."

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:21 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady considers all of that, decides that they don't really need to tourist side of the trip, and simply observes: "We traded some of the drug that made Adus talk for the poison. It is not likely that they will be making more, so that much should not be a large problem later."

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:46 am 
"Damork?" asks Vanire.

"Some sort of fire demon," replies Sir Ulath. "Sephrenia identified it. As Felix says, it was neutralised, fortunately with only minor casualties, mostly Rendorish civilians. Apparently it can be summoned again, though, and we were not able to identify the summoner."

After a few more minor clarifying questions about minor details, Vanire nods. "Well, all in all, gentlemen, I must congratulate you on a most successful mission. The news about Martel is disturbing, but I'm glad you were able to interrupt his schemes as thoroughly as you did. I'll make sure to send a couple of people undercover to keep a closer eye on this Aramsham character."

"I will need to speak with your Captain soon regarding the specifics of this cure, and how to best arrange our various combined resources to bring it into place as swiftly as possible. Is there anything further which you gentlemen would like to discuss?"

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Not at the moment, no," Felix says. "I have something I need to work on that'll hopefully bare fruit, so I'll go do that now."

After Felix wraps up his end of the conversation, he'll head to the truck and tune his visor into the radio broadcasts from the palace and start filing them into the system based on what he hears and where in the palace he thinks the conversations are happening. Instances that the Primate Raven speaks in will be marked with higher importance in the system.

If he hears anything important he will pass it on.

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:12 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady will help wade through the recordings from the bugs for a while, then eventually go talk to Roger about coming up with some kind of system to automatically wade through it for us and at least flag key words.

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:50 pm 
During the course of the afternoon, Felix manages to identify what Primate Raven sounds like over the radio, mainly because everyone else keeps calling him Primate. He also makes the following discoveries:

- Being yelled at by the King with the bristly beard makes the Primate very short-tempered for the rest of the day
- The Palace guards are quite well aware that they are completely outmatched by the Pandions, and are very glad that said Pandions left without a fight
- There is one particular room that is easily identified - the continual ba-bum of a heartbeat every minute or so must come from the crystal throne of the Queen. It seems that several people have developed a habit of delivering monologues to her Royal Highness' frozen body - to which she is never heard to respond.
- There's some disagreement between the various members of staff about whether or not certain creatures exist - one insists that he personally saw several trolls while on rotation to Thalesia in the north, while another insists that there are no such creatures as trolls.
- Several guards (and nobles) are bitterly complaining about having lost some small valuables; mostly rings.
- There is way too much being recorded for one person to keep good track of.

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:31 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
At least it's working, anyway. Felix smiles and heads over to Vanire.

"I've wrapped up everything I want to do," Felix says. "If you want to talk to our Captain about future operations now might be a good time if you're not busy?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG