AOL: Dodger724
Welcome aboard, feywinds!

=)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:21 pm 
:DDDD

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I can't believe we've been playing this game for three and a half years now. Time flies I guess.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:45 pm 
FWIW, I’m almost all the way caught up to present. Work was slow today, and I wanted to get my bearings.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:04 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
What do you think of everything you've read so far?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:15 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
And who is your favorite NPC? (And what is your quest?)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:37 pm 
Well, I think that things are...delicate? Let’s go with delicate. And that this is going to be interesting seeing how modern setting interacting with medieval high fantasy, especially kinda impeeding their natural cultural progression. Also wondering how long it’s gonna take before not the pet thief decides to help themselves to a firearm.

PIPER IS GREAT and also a little bit me as a small child, I am ready to bribe with honey candy.

And idk about the quest, but I do know I have a to do list for getting agriculture set up that’s, like, two pages long. And I am ready to blow some minds with the canning process.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:56 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Yeah I'm kinda worried about Talen. He's been an excellent help so far but I can't forget that his allegiance is to a Bandit King who would slit all our throats if it was the best course of action for himself. I've been contemplating setting up an Orphanage/School and working out a deal with said Bandit King to convince him to send all his bandit children our way permanently so we can take charge of their education and gain ourselves some powerful allies in the underworld as a side bonus.

We all love Piper. Unfortunately the only honey we have is filled with blood and I doubt she'd find it appealing. Nate has made headway with some crude ice cream, though.

Right now we're eating our food as fast as we can produce it, I believe, though we're picking up steam fairly quickly by getting more and more hydroponics bays up and running. We have heavy forest and heavy swamp that need to be clear cut and drained if we're going to make use of them for regular crops or farm animals. Getting a ranch up and running would probably be a great boon for us, as so far all of our meat is coming from forest monsters that attack the colony. Eggs and milk would do nicely, as well. Getting the birthing vats up and running will be a tall order and it'll be some time before we can grow livestock to adulthood and get any sort of use out of them. It might be a good idea to barter for some local animals or straight up tame some of the bison reindeer things that live in the forest.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:30 pm 
I actually have ideas about separating the blood from the honey, but I’m sure some form of sugar crop was sent along, and if it hasn’t survived, I have no doubt humanity here has found sugar if it’s found weed.

There have been mention of local ruminants and y’all got eggs from somewhere, so we’re already 2/3 of the way to proper field rotation, but current working plan is to get a greenhouse structure set up so we can figure out how things grow in the local dirt that’s atleast a little protected from the elements, as inclement weather is more a When than a if.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:17 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
We've definitely traded for some crude sugar before, so I'm sure the locals have a native plants that produces sugar.

I think our hydroponics bays are faster and more efficient than planting in the ground, but who knows? Experimentation with a greenhouse might prove useful. You could maybe trade for some seeds with the locals and do some experiments on the local crops. Don't forget the Reclaimed Orchard we found in the wilderness, either. We know so little about the trees in it and we could stand to know more about them. Maybe you could pull some branches and see if you can get some saplings to grow in the greenhouse?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:17 am 
Your character looks good at first glance, Feywinds. I'll take a more detailed look over her on Thursday, but in the meantime, Kajin is right - you can take an extra Stunt and a few more Aspects, you start out at the same level as the rest of the party.

Also, there are some sugar beets growing in one of the hydroponics chambers, though only Piper seems to have any idea how those seeds got in there. It's growing really well, too.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that Sir Parasim is not what the party is facing? If Piper weren't sitting quietly Arkady would probably already be looking to deal with a case of malign possession.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:37 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
feywinds, do you have a High Concept aspect and a Trouble aspect picked out?

Speaking of, CCC you never changed my character sheet to include my changed High Concept

Once we get some iron from the mine coming in, I'd like to sit Felix down and make a couple of custom swords for both Felix and Theresa so they don't have to use baseball bats for melee combat. Would be easier to carry around, too, if I made sheathes for them.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:41 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'll change my question if anyone thinks of a better one. I'd like to know what we have to prepare for, otherwise.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:55 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
The answer to his question is almost certainly just 'yes'. I'd think we'd be better served with 'what's going to be in our way', or perhaps 'how do we stop the seeker' (or just Azash).

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG