Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:13 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I assume comrade thief came back to the ship with us?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:48 pm 
balthazar wrote:
Do we have the chance to re-arrange our skill points?

Yes! Thank you for the reminder, I had forgotten. Yes, you do.

- You now have a maximum of twelve Aspects; you may pick one or more new Aspects based on your backstory or recent adventures to bring your total up to that amount.

- You may shuffle your skills by doing one of the following two things, once:

--- You may swap two adjacent Skills of your choice (e.g. a level 2 skill with a level 3 skill) OR
--- You may swap out a single Level One skill for a skill you do not have.

- You may swap out one Stunt that hasn't seen much use for a new Stunt

- You may outright obtain a brand new stunt of your choice (assuming your character meets the prerequisites)

For reference, the Stunts can be found over here.

For those of you who have been running low on FATE points, they refresh at this point, to a number equal to the number of Aspects you have on your character sheet.

Weremensh wrote:
I assume comrade thief came back to the ship with us?

Yes, he did. For what it's worth, Piper does seem to accompany him when he sneaks away to look around.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:22 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Let's see...

Swap the Gambling and Empathy skills so Empathy is +3.

Swap out the Blather (Rapport) stunt for the Mister-Fix-It (Engineering) stunt.

Take a second level of the Sidekick stunt. Theresa goes to Quality 3 and Scope 2 (encompassing Physical, Social, and Mental combat).

(I've got another couple of stunts I've been thinking about taking, so I've jot those two down for now but might swap them here shortly after some thought.)

New aspects:

Building Up the Big Guns
Felix has spent enough time out and about in the surrounding lands to have an idea of what sorts of dangers await them. The Damork, in particular, gave him significant pause. He's become even more fervent in his desire to protect that colony and his people from enemy forces. He has gained an interest in building the weapons needed to bring them down.

Look Before You Leap
Felix recently went into a situation without sufficient knowledge and inadvertently caused a minor social faux pas (causing Aramsham to decide to march his armies). He's become more cautious overall (some might say paranoid) and is more likely to try and gain more knowledge going forward even if it costs vital time he doesn't have.

---------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to say I've really been enjoying the game. Thanks for all the effort you've been putting into it, CCC.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:38 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Roger is going to swap Investigation with Guns so Guns is +2 and Investigation is at +1.

Roger feels he didn't avail the group as much as he could have during the fight at the harbor and vows that next time he will do better. He begins practicing shooting at a fire range.

New aspect: Never Again.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:21 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Quick question. Am I going to be fixing stuff around the ship a lot or have enough engineers been awoken that I don't need to help with that anymore?

Might swap out for something else.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:35 pm 
Kajin wrote:
Just wanted to say I've really been enjoying the game. Thanks for all the effort you've been putting into it, CCC.

Yay! I'm glad to hear it!

Your new Stunts and Aspects look good.

Dodger77 wrote:
Roger is going to swap Investigation with Guns so Guns is +2 and Investigation is at +1.

Roger feels he didn't avail the group as much as he could have during the fight at the harbor and vows that next time he will do better. He begins practicing shooting at a fire range.

New aspect: Never Again.

Also good!

Kajin wrote:
Quick question. Am I going to be fixing stuff around the ship a lot or have enough engineers been awoken that I don't need to help with that anymore?

Might swap out for something else.

The ship now has enough Engineers around that your help is not strictly speaking necessary. Since the very best of the non-player Engineers has only a +3 Engineering, though, no-one is going to complain if Felix spends some time helping out any time he happens to be near.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:27 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Did we inform the Captain about what happened in Rendor? Seems like something we would have done during a debriefing once we got back unless we have exceedingly loose oversight when it comes to operations.

Also, quick notes to self:
- Ask Vanire about medical magic and Rendor.

- Talk to the Earl of Lenda about organizations, traders, and nobles we could establish economic relations with.

- Talk to the Robber Baron about same, but underworld connections that need less scrutiny.

- Make a showing of doing something for Talen or gifting him something to enforce the image that we're elves. Try to limit information about ourselves that gets distributed to the outside world. Maybe buy his services outright from the Robber Baron so Talen is full time working for us.

- Wake up colonists that can pass as locals and see if Vanire will take in some "Knights" that can relay information back to us about the situation in Cimmura in real time.

- Talk to the Captain about maybe setting up an orphanage/school to take in children like Talen who have ended up on the streets. If a rich noble gets on board it could be a great meal ticket for us.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:34 am 
You do have extremely lose oversight. Nonetheless, whether via radio on the way or in person on your return, you would have reported back by now - Captain Argent smiled, nodded, sympathised with the victims of the Damork attack, congratulated you heartily on successfully retrieving the Darestim and on not dying, and then headed off to go and break up an argument between a couple of the on-base engineers.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:54 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Do I understand correctly that to wake up his wife, Arkady simply takes the sidekick stunt?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
It's also a good idea to take an aspect about the sidekick.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:01 am 
Sorry guys, its been a rough week.

I would like to replace my Mysteries skill with the Pilot skill please and thank you, and I would also like to aquire the "Saw It Coming" stunt.

New aspect: Demon Mark. There would seem to be more to the burn left by the Damork possessing Nate then meets the eye...

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:36 pm 
Taking the Sidekick skill is one good way for Arkady to bring his wife into the adventure with him, yes. If you don't want to bring her gallivanting all around the world with you, then it's even possible to wake her up without taking the stunt.

Either way, a related Aspect probably is a good idea - something that can be used to make her do Amazing Things, or that will at least give you a Fate point when something inevitably happens to her. (It's a big world. There's a lot of things that can happen to people out there).

Roger, I think you're the only person who hasn't either taken or asked about a Stunt yet? You do get to take one, too.

Balthazar - aspect noted. Oooooh. That is a nice one. (Well. Not necessarily nice for your character, you understand...) Stunt looks good.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:27 pm 
Would Nate's Wilderness Medic stunt be useful in determining his experience dealing with trauma victims?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:03 am 
I don't think so.

Wilderness Medic is all about using natural ingredients to produce miraculous cures and/or pharmaceuticals on-the-spot. What Nate is trying to do, here, is (a) more in the lines of straight medical research, and (b), instead of trying to produce an actual cure, he's trying to persuade another medical professional that a certain cure will work. Even if he does find a working cure with Wilderness Medic, it's going to look homeopathic and undignified, and so is not going to be brilliantly persuasive.

However, should you ever actually meet someone with brain damage, especially if you do so in the wilderness, you can certainly use Wilderness Medic there and then to try to mitigate the damage in a very practical way.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:26 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Would it be possible for Felix to assist and boost Nate's roll?

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG