Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:15 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Father Arkady is grasping at straws, it seems. Though the possibility that it will be Piper who vetoes the plan has crossed my mind.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 am 
For Dodger, the previous radio incident - this was somewhat before Roger joined the group.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Thank you!

Is no one going to mention the fact that it took a few weeks to trigger the lightning?

I would do it, if I hadn't already established that Roger is unfamiliar with these events.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:08 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
It took us a few weeks to find a signal we could latch onto and get a sense of what was going on.

Once we figured out a little bit of what was happening the experiment with the recording was quick and simple.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:14 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Did Sephrenia understand what Roger meant by "high"? I assumed she did, but now I'm not so sure. Roger has been using a lot of earth slang ("You can say that again", "High", and "Gallows Humor" but that one's clear from context I feel.) Do these phrases translate or do you decide on a case by case basis?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:26 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I remember the Earl of Lenda said that testimony from two knights about demon activity would hamper the Primate considerably. Is that still on the table?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:58 pm 
Sworn testimony from two knights is considered as good evidence as a signed confession by the perpetrators in an Elene court. In this case, said sworn testimony would likely be enough to convict Martel in absentia of counts of consorting with demons etc.

However, I don't think there's any evidence directly linking the Primate to said consorting. It could make it harder for the Primate to meet Martel, but it's unlikely to significantly impact him beyond that.

As far as Earth-specific phrasing goes - if you're speaking in another language, I'm assuming you're using suitable translated phrasing. So Roger's mention of being 'high' would translate over to the relevant Elene word for being drugged and intoxicated. If you start talking about specific places on Earth or Earthly technologies not present here, then that might not be as easily understood.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:07 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The Primate not being able to meet with Martel as easily suits me fine.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:16 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Unless there's anything holding us back in Coombe, I'd like to grab our stuff and head back out.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:37 pm 
There's nothing specifically holding you in Coombe, but Sparhawk and his group won't be accompanying you on your way out - so if there is anything you want to ask them while they're here, then now's the time. Their plan is to continue hunting for a magical cure for the Queen - I assume you'll be heading straight for the ship from here? Or did you plan on stopping over at the Capital first for any reason?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I've no reason to be in the capital. The less we're seen in the company of the Knights, the better. Though I think it's a safe assumption that the Primate knows we're working with them.

We can probably get all the knowledge about monsters we need from Piper by paying her with sweets, so I've no need to talk with Sephrenia anymore.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
They found a spell that'll let them cure the queen completely, they just have to sacrifice a magical artifact of sufficient power to fuel the spell's magic. That was why we took the detour to deal with Aramsham, hoping that his ram's horn had magical properties.

Unless you meant something else?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:32 pm 
They don't need to sacrificethe artifact, exactly. If used properly, they can finish the necessary spell and still have the artifact free to use later. (That's why Sephrenia's angry about the Rendorish doctor destroying his artifact - her view is that if he'd done it properly, they would have been able to get said artifact from him and used it on the Queen directly, and his original patients would have been no worse off).

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:03 pm 
Do we have the chance to re-arrange our skill points?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'd love it if we got a new stunt, as well. Here's to hoping that finally getting the darestim for study and facing off against the Damork would be a sufficient triumph to warrant it.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG