Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:49 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
At this point I think Roger is the only one with any fate points at all.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:08 pm 
Nate has one left, I think.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:44 am 
Unless I've lost count somewhere, Arkady and Nate have one each, while Roger has ten. Felix is right out.

Roger is probably going to have to play a major part in getting you out of here.

Weremensh wrote:
If Arkady still has a fate point, he'll burn it to find a ship somehow delayed but just ready to go...

Whoops. Alright. Now Arkady has zero FATE points left.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:52 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
So do we have any cryo grenades left (we should, I'm pretty sure I thought to pack some and we haven't used any yet) or do I have to ask Dodger to lend me some fate points for that?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:29 am 
I think that having them primed and ready to go will take a FATE point, at this point. How confident are you that they'll be able to handle the Damork, in a single shot? Or, alternatively, without revealing your location to it?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:22 pm 
Nate has guns at +5. If he borrows Felix's visor that goes up to +9 if I recall correctly. Another +2 if he takes a couple of turns to really aim. He gets an additional +3 if he uses his One Shot Left stunt. Using his last FATE point to tag his It Only Takes One Perfect Shot aspect will net an additional +2 for a grand total bonus to hit of +16.

Even with all that, I'm not sure it would be enough to one-shot a stress and consequence free damork. Now if we knew the explosives had softened it up a bit before-hand, it might be doable, but right now, we don't know.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I don't mind taking a little bit to get the cryo bombs all set it. Shouldn't take too long seeing as I made a bunch of them with attachments for our rifles.

Give a rifle with one on them to everyone and we fire on it the moment we see it. Blanket the area in a freezing, oxygenless environment.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:22 pm 
One Shot Left does mean you only get the one shot. Which - well, in these circumstances you're only going to get one shot anyway...

Unless you can find some way to shoot it without the shot giving away your location (like Felix did with the bombs on the ship). Then you should be able to get multiple shots off.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:28 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix will ready the cryo bombs and rifle grenade launcher attachments but he'll hold off until the damork presents a clear danger to the ship (or his conscience gets the better of him and he tries to protect the civilians)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:10 pm 
I think I have an idea. We need to call down some lightning of our own. Remember those radio experiments we did back in Count Radun's castle? How the transmitter was blown up by lightning, indoors, on a cloudless day? What if we rigged up a walkie-talkie to transmit the same patterns and frequencies, boosted the power, (the batteries only have to last a few minutes) stuffed the whole mess into a ziplock bag, and threw it at the damork? Even if it didn't cause any damage, the noise and light and concussion should keep it from being able to figure out where the actual attack is coming from. Repeat as needed, until we win or run out of radios.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:31 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
That is absolutely insane.

I love it.

It depends on whether the entity in question is willing to put up with us, though.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:35 pm 
It blew up the first transmitter, I don't see why it wouldn't do so again.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:41 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Operating under the assumption it's an intelligent phenomenon that did that because we annoyed it, it might just leave the transmitter be and reveal our position purely to mess with us.

We know nothing about this phenomena other than that it doesn't like us parroting it.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:02 pm 
We won't know untill we try.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:01 am 
I had honestly not considered that you might try something like that.

However, before you try it, you might just want to discuss it in-character, in Elene, so that Sephrenia can give her input into your plan. She knows enough about the Damork to have some idea of how it will react to your plan, whether other sources of lightning can work in the presence of the Damork Storm, and whether throwing a radio in a plastic bag at its head will allow it to guess where you are or not.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG