Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:07 am 
Yes, though note that he also expects that if you start something, you will remain in control of it and not let any of the policemen get killed.

He may be Lawful Good, but the laws he follows aren't Rendor's laws.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:19 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Oh, Dodger. They were speaking in Elene so you don't have to try and translate.

EDIT
I might be reaching and trying to do too much, but I kind of figured triggering the detonator was such a small action that I had extra room to maneuver. Converting the minions and having them work for me temporarily would help us out significantly.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:51 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I think between Sephrenia (assuming she's not sick of us at this point), Piper, and Arkady you're covered. If you want I can edit that to ask Arkady and Piper to look after the people going down.

I really want to make sure Martel dies, though. I don't want him getting back and informing the Primate beyond a shadow of a doubt that we're in league with the Royalists.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:09 am 
Kajin wrote:
EDIT
I might be reaching and trying to do too much, but I kind of figured triggering the detonator was such a small action that I had extra room to maneuver. Converting the minions and having them work for me temporarily would help us out significantly.

Normally, that would be a supplemental action, which means your main action happens at a -1. In this case, however, those sailors are able to recognise that they are so far out of their depth that the best option for them is to get out of there and find new identities somewhere far away from any of this.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:57 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
They were Rendorish sailors right? I mean, we didn't just hijack the ship that brought us, did we?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
No, we hijacked the ship that Martel had chartered. The ship that brought us has long since fled. I don't know if the police speak Rendorish but they certainly talked to us in Elene.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:34 am 
You're on Martel's ship, yes. The sailors who were working for him are wearing Rendorish clothes, but Rendors and Elenes look similar enough that you can't be 100% sure that these people weren't just dressed up for the part.

Oh, and when they were swearing about being covered in sail, they had the same accent as most people in Rendor. So... probably Rendorish sailors.

The police spoke Elene because they recognised that you weren't from around here (Terrans and Rendors are pretty different in appearance) and Elene is pretty much the lingua franca of this part of the world - in general, people who expect to deal with foreigners are probably going to try talking Elene first. (They do speak Rendorish, and would in fact be more inclined to listen to someone who addressed them in their native language).

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:06 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Does the ship have a second sail up (on the same or another mast), or is it a simple one mast one sail (presumably fore and aft) type of rig? Are there oars? And am I right that it's no longer actually attached to the pier?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:04 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The knights roped it back down to the pier so we could board without issue, so that's something we'll have to do.

I'm pretty sure I shot the only sail down, but I also believe there are oars down below that can be used by the knights once we've secured the ship. Something to use in case we take the ship completely before I've fixed the sail because we need to get out sooner rather than later.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 am 
There are oars, not currently in use, but you'd need to go below to use them. The sails and rigging are a mess on the deck that will take hours to sort out - wind-backed propulsion isn't going to work until that gets fixed. (It won't be difficult for a trained sailor, mind you, just tedious).

It is now no longer actually attached to the pier, but the tide is pushing it towards the pier rather than away from the pier.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:30 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Did the ship we arrived on make it's getaway yet?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:03 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
If they're not too far away you think we could get to them with a rifle mounted grappling hook?

Assuming we can't or that'd be a touch unwelcome, how's the situation with the police and surrounding crowds?

Also, if I need the would Roger be willing to field the fate points for the bombs?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:29 am 
The ship you arrived on (along with any other ship that had any sort of a crew at all) is making good time getting away from the dock. (Though that hasn't been explicitly mentioned in the main thread, so anyone can spend a FATE point to say that there is one that couldn't get away for some reason, at which point it will retroactively have always been there, and won't have people on board who want to kill you, which is always a plus).

A rifle mounted grappling hook is, I think, the sort of thing that will also require a FATE point to work. However, you're probably a touch unwelcome on any of the ships currently hurrying away, after that big fight on the docks.

The police are recovering from the tear gas (it took them by surprise, but there's a bit of a breeze so it's quickly dispersing). They look like they are extremely displeased, but are not actually injured. They are also standing at the 'city' end of the pier; so unless you leave via ship, or by swimming, they're blocking your exit. Fortunately, they haven't actually started shooting those crossbows... yet.

The crowds have done a better job of vanishing than the ships; in that you can still see the ships, while the only remaining visible sign of the crowds is the occasional abandoned (and trampled) hat. Nobody was eager to hang around when the crossbow bolts started flying.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:14 pm 
I would imagine there are lifeboats or tenders and such available, possibly even ones capable of mounting a small sail on a removable mast.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:15 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
If Arkady still has a fate point, he'll burn it to find a ship somehow delayed but just ready to go...

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG