Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:09 pm 
Count Radun smiles. "I imagine that once I turn up alive, the Primate will lose enough credibility that I won't have any trouble with any other accusations," he says, confidently.

"A cure?" asks Vanire. "Brilliant! How soon can you set it up?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:46 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"It's going to be some time, yet. The machines are big, bulky, and fragile. Pulling them out of storage, making sure they're up to scratch, and moving them onto site will be quite the endeavor."

Felix rubs his eyes.

"There's also the matter of getting people to run the machines. We have everyone we need to operate them and save the Queen, but they're all as yet frozen in sleep inside the depths of the ship. Waking them, feeding them, and getting them up to speed will also take time. There's also Lady Sephrenia and the cure she and Sir Sparhawk found. We'll want to wait for her to get back with the ingredients she needs to use her cure. That way we can double the chances of success."

Felix smiles.

"Despite the time factors, I'm confident it can be done. I'd like to ensure our efforts are as unimpeded as possible in the mean time. Make sure no one is standing in our way. With that in mind, yes I believe we'd all love to attend the hearing. Couldn't hurt to have too many eyes on the scene, just in case."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:03 am 
Vanire nods, taking in Felix' words. "If there is anything that the Pandion order can do to help, let me know at once. And when the time comes to bring in the equipment, let me know - my Knights will guard it. Which will be necessary, because if the Primate finds out about this, he will do everything in his power to stop you. Will sending more food help you accomplish this more quickly?"

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:16 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Yes.", Felix says. "Right now almost all of our efforts are going towards becoming self sustaining and keeping our people from starving in the mean time. The only Terrans who are actively helping are ourselves and Doctor Vanderbilt, our head medical officer who is kindly doing the research on the antidote."

Felix continues.

"If we get a large enough shipment or shipments of food, we can easily wake enough engineers and farmers to become self sustaining. Once we become self sustaining we'd be able to field more operatives in any capacity needed. Even before that, we'd be able to put more people towards helping the Queen. If you'd like we could give you a tour of our facilities and draw up plans for how we can help the Elene people in other capacities."

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:24 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady comments: "With our Captain's approval, of course. The two of you should meet, I am thinking. What with one thing and another, you probably have a lot to talk about."

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:29 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
"Am I the only one worried about the Primate's response to having his planes mucked up? I'd be surprised if he was caught completely unawares. The man did orchestrate the poisoning and usurping of a monarch after all."

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:32 am 
Vanire shakes his head. "Not for engineers and farmers, I'm afraid," he says. "I only have so many resources, and with the ArchPrelate's condition, the near-permanent troubles in Rendor, keeping watch on the Zemoch border... as I understand it, your colony is at no risk for its lack of farmers and engineers, it will merely take you longer to wake... the rest of your people, right? I can't really attach much urgency to that, compared to other things. But restoring the Queen - that is something worth spending far more significant resources on. I'm proposing to send sufficient rations to wake these doctors specifically and personally, so that they can work directly on the question of the Queen's cure."

He nods at Arkady. "You're right, I should no doubt discuss the details with this Captain of yours. Once this Radun matter has been settled, of course."

Roger also gets a rather serious nod. "An important consideration, indeed. He will no doubt lose a fair amount of influence and respect, but he will remain in control of the Royal treasury, at least until the Queen is restored. And the sooner that happens, the better. This matter will weaken him, but he will still remain a threat and will need to be carefully watched."

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Right, my train of thought got a little carried away. Yes, that is a good idea. I'll have a team assembled at first chance and we can get to the business of saving the Queen."

Felix nods.

"How do you want to handle the problem with Radun? And have any of your agents reported sightings of Martel? He's a loose end and I'd like to tie it up before he reports to Raven, if at all possible."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:15 am 
"Martel?" asks Vanire, with the mystification of someone who generally gets his news at the speed of horseback riders and hasn't heard what happened to the group in Rendor yet. "You ran into -"

"We have yet to be properly debriefed," points out Sir Ulath, drily. "Martel was last seen inside a ship that then blew up, after his plans in Rendor were thoroughly disrupted. There's no way anyone could possibly have survived that."

Vanire frowns. "Did you see his body?"

Sir Ulath shakes his head. "No."

"That might buy us a few months before he turns up again, then," says Vanire.

Count Radun clears his throat.

"As soon as the trial is over, we will need to talk, at least enough to bring me up to speed on your news," says Vanire, "but unfortunately there isn't going to be time for that before the trial."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:26 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady gestures towards the room door and says "Then let's go tell the assembled kings about the Count's amazing talent for resurrection. I would hate to be missing the show. Will many of the knights be coming?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG