Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:53 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: Hoikeu
A space hulk has been detected in sector 8zg345 ceti. It appears to be inactive, no power readings. Requesting permission to board and investigate.

A space hulk has dropped out of warp space disturbingly close to the planet Feder. Although teh hulk has shown no signs of activity as of yet, it is feared it may be only a matter of time before it awakens. A quick recon squad will be deployed to investigate the threat.

For this game i require 5 players split into these roles.

Sergeant.
1st heavy weapon.
2nd heavy weapon.
3rd marine.
4th marine.

Players can debate amongst themselves as to who gets what. once you've established roles, we can move on to equiping your squad.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:59 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Ooooohhh... I'm intrigued, to say the least.

Is this gonna be a stand up fight, or another bug hunt?

I'm all up ons this peice. I'll even volunteer to have three stripes on my arm (or armor? be we space marines? I'm all a quivver. Time to read Starship Troopers again to get into the mood.)

Interesting side note: "Space Hulk" immediately made me think of Marvel's Hulk, in space. But for some reason it was gray Hulk. Odd, neh?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:47 pm 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
AOL: marauderpilot
Space Hulk is based out of the Warhammer 40K universe, right? If so, I call dibs on a heavy weapon-Brother Methodus and his Lascannon, reporting for duty, sir. Ready to kill some xenos.

EDIT: And I request that we fight Orks or 'Nids. Anybody but Tau. I love the Tau. If we fight the Tau, I'll have to toss aside my power suit, get in a Broadside and fight for the Greater Good.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:13 pm 
I totally don't play GW fig games, too expensive. But I got buddies that do, and I love the flavo(u)r text that comes with the 40k universe.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:01 pm 
Unfortunately, This is standard space marines. Not terminators. You'll be doing a quick recon of a space hulk.

I suggest waiting for more players before you start calling dibs on sarge and the heavy weapons.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:28 am 
AOL: EagleScout8414
This would be the first rp I'd participate in HERE. But it can't be too different from other rp's involving similar genres right?

If allowed in, I would like to be one of the heavy weapons characters. I keep thinking of Jesse Ventura as Blaine from Predator except, you know, as a space marine. Though I am willing to take any spot.

Heh. I'd love to stick in a few choice quotes somewhere along the line.

Last edited by spudman on Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:29 am 
I've been on an ALIENS and Starship Troopers, and other various Sci Fi buzz since reading this. I love scifi, but haven't done any scifi RPGs here yet.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:35 am 
AOL: EagleScout8414
Skitzophrenik wrote:
I've been on an ALIENS and Starship Troopers, and other various Sci Fi buzz since reading this. I love scifi, but haven't done any scifi RPGs here yet.

Least I'm not the only one. Done a little war rp (though still not very good at it; yet), and generic sci-fi and fantasy, but like I said, first rp here. So I should probably go look around for any guidelines for rping here.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:40 am 
Well generally spelling, and plausiability is the rule, depending on the style. Don't assume your shots hit (thats for the GM to say) or that you can do more per post than you could in reality. Basically, factor in the fact that what you try to do isn't necessarily what will happen.

Then again, I'm not running the game, so who cares what I say, neh? I've got a good group of players down in BBOTN, in this same section of the forums, if you want to look at how it can be done. But as I said, GM dictates style of gameplay. So I suggest we wait for two more players, and let the GM tell us how it'll be.

Now can anyone give me a run down on the 40k Space Marine? I'm no expert, after all. I know they're all genetically enhanced, but do they have families, etc. Or do they live to serve the Imperium?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:12 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
I'm up for a normal marine position, though I'll need to be filled in on what I can/can't do since I'm not terribly familiar with the setting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:15 pm 
Four players so far. we need five.

When we get a fifth person, PM me your vote for sarge and heavy weapons AND what your heavy weapons preference would be.

1: Auto-Cannon: Fires at everything in sight. Having a chance to hit all seeable valid targets. Very powerful, but ammo gets used quickly and limits melee capability.

2: Missile launcher: Aera-effect devastation weapon, huge amounts of damage on impact, with lethal damage around. Also limits melee capability.

3: Heavy bolter: Awesome ability to lay down some suppresion. Allows marine to fire lots of hard hitting flak over short periods. Takes short amount of time to warm up. No melee penalties.

4: Plas Gun: Fires a bolt of super-heated plasma, Literally melting anything in its way over short range, and dissipating over long range.
When fired, it carries the same damage result over a length, then gets negs until it reaches 0. No melee penalties

5: Flame thrower: Short range wepaon of mass damage, deals damage after intial hit, weakens and slows enemies, Also can be set to a high carbon release rate to become a 'smoke' launcher. Limits melee combat.

edit- your a space marine, you'll fight whatever the emperor tells you to. Be it Ork, Chaos, Eldar, Heretic or walt disney.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:10 pm 
More questions: Does Space Marine Armour provide full environmental support? What kind of intel systems do they have: radar, radio, GPS, etc..?

If this is a Space Hulk, what kind of contingencies are in place in the even that there is no internal gravity? Do we have to worry abotu shooting through the hull and dying of explosive decompression as our bodies are sucked through holes the size of a baseball?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:35 pm 
AOL: truedeathgoesmoo
I have not done any RP's here yet, but this looks interesting. Sign me up.
Death to the false emperor! Err... wrong space marines.
For the glory of the Emperor!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:21 pm 
In the game, they assume that the hulk is enviromentally stable. So do i.
The hulk has rather thick and tough armor. the sort of stuff Plasgun have trouble beating through. The docking claws are able to penetrate it because they're using the equivalent of power sword to cut through the hull.

Space marine armor can sustain a marine in a vaccum for periods of around an hour. They try not to test that. The armor also provides gravity boots, Commlinks, Infra-red, zoom, Targeting (heavy weapons only), A read of how much ammo is left (heavy weapons only). Oh, and quite a good deal or protection. But it is still not failsafe. In the chaotic energies of a hulk still teeming with remnants of the warp, Don't assume everything will work properly.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:34 pm 
Ok. Most of my Power Armor theory is from sources like RIFTS RPG and Starship Troopers. But I do remember that most of the Imperium's tech is mass produced, because they only have the templates for certain things, so I dig it. Bla bla bla dark age.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG