Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:29 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I'd consider spicy peppers to be more of a fruit with spice in it. Probably a good next thing to grow, maybe. If everyone awake likes spicy food, that is.

How many people are awake that can work hydroponics bays, and how many bays are fixed, powered, and ready to accept labor?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:24 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Grind up a hot pepper (absent the seeds) and it's paprika.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:46 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Weremensh wrote:
Grind up a hot pepper (absent the seeds) and it's paprika.

Is that how Paprika is made? Awesome. We should grow peppers next, then, if we have more than a few bays that will be going into production. Alongside potatoes and beans and stuff, at any rate.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:06 pm 
David has entire food production schedules devoted to getting as many people up and active as quickly as possible. Mainly in the hope of waking up all the colonists within his lifetime, and having them all fed.

It'll likely be rather difficult to persuade him to change his plan without some sort of reason.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:10 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Trade is a many splendored thing. Chili powder can probably buy rather more resources than the pepper plants will use.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:13 pm 
That's... a pretty good reason.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
We also just got a massive boost of food and he hasn't had time to revise the schedule. Felix will also be contributing construction plans to his schedule as well, to help things run more efficiently (and I plan on boosting those rolls with fate points if they're anything less than +5, I want this to go faaast).

But yeah, not only would the spicy peppers be a valuable food source if we don't trade them, we can definitely trade small amounts of them for high profit. In medieval society, spice was worth its weight in gold just about. Nobles would hold parties just to show off how much spice they owned. Cocoa beans were used by the Aztecs as their national currency.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:40 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Who is Ms. Baker asking?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:51 pm 
Weremensh wrote:
Who is Ms. Baker asking?

She's standing outside with Arkady and Felix, and will accept an answer from either - though she does appear to be looking at Felix, if that makes any difference.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:49 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Roger's out there also listening to Zalasbra and Arkady with rapt attention. Figured I'd mention that. I don't wanna post in the game thread unless he's got something to say.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:44 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Does Felix still have that flying drone? He can't use it anymore since it was a universal gadget, so can I say Felix gives it to the ship crew and they continue to make use of it? I mean Felix did makes it out of stuff they'd have had anyway, only using his gadget to speed assembly time up.

They could use it to map the forest and swamp out. Try to locate stuff we can use.

Also, I want to start adding some story to our area, if that's alright. Next time we go out and do a survival roll to forage for food, I want to spend a fate point to add an Abandoned Orchard tag. Basically someone struck out on their own into the forest, cleared some trees, and tried to start themselves their own little farm in secret where they wouldn't have to put up with anyone or pay taxes. The house that was built has been abandoned for years now, though, and the only thing worth noting are the fruit and nut trees they planted in the clearing that have gotten to an old age and are maybe a bit overgrown, but still yield ripe edibles.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:10 am 
Just FYI, Nate has already mapped the area surrounding the ship.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:25 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
Roger's out there also listening to Zalasbra and Arkady with rapt attention. Figured I'd mention that. I don't wanna post in the game thread unless he's got something to say.

Noted. Zalasbra will take questions, but won't volunteer anything more on the various gods without being asked.

Kajin wrote:
Does Felix still have that flying drone? He can't use it anymore since it was a universal gadget, so can I say Felix gives it to the ship crew and they continue to make use of it? I mean Felix did makes it out of stuff they'd have had anyway, only using his gadget to speed assembly time up.

He can certainly give it to the ship crew, and they'll find a use for it. The area around the ship already has the Well Mapped aspect, but the drone will still come in handy.

Kajin wrote:
Also, I want to start adding some story to our area, if that's alright. Next time we go out and do a survival roll to forage for food, I want to spend a fate point to add an Abandoned Orchard tag. Basically someone struck out on their own into the forest, cleared some trees, and tried to start themselves their own little farm in secret where they wouldn't have to put up with anyone or pay taxes. The house that was built has been abandoned for years now, though, and the only thing worth noting are the fruit and nut trees they planted in the clearing that have gotten to an old age and are maybe a bit overgrown, but still yield ripe edibles.

Ooooh, I like that idea. Just make sure to bring some weapons with you, because that amount of growing edibles is going to result in some sort of creature living in the ruins...

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:55 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Having a drone on hand to watch things in real time would be quite useful.

Quote:
Kajin wrote:

Ooooh, I like that idea. Just make sure to bring some weapons with you, because that amount of growing edibles is going to result in some sort of creature living in the ruins...

We could maybe even do it while we're here, if you think we've got enough time left in the day to go do that. I spend the fate point and someone reports that they find an abandoned orchard with the drone I gave the crew and we go fight the monster really quick, then have all hands help with the foraging.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:16 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Oh, look; a small community of dark elves...

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG