Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:06 am 
Captain Argent turns the matter over in his head for a few minutes. Arkady's personal recommendation, it seems, carries a lot of weight with him in this case.

"Very well," he says, after a moment. "He can stay, and learn, on one condition." He turns aside slightly, and asks David "Head back into the ship and bring out a tablet, would you? Lock it down so the only thing it can do is run that language program."

David hurries off shipwards.

"If he can handle the tablet without freaking out and deciding we're all evil sorcerers or whatnot, then he can stay. By the time he knows English, we'll have a suitably... declassified version of wikipedia ready for him to read through."

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:56 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady says "I think he will manage."

Turning back to Zalasbra, he explains: "Captain Argent has agreed to let you stay. You will be teaching us and we will be teaching you. To do that you will need to be learning the language we all use, which is called English. The fellow who went inside is getting one of our tools for you to use, a little thinking machine you can carry around with you. It will help learn the words." With a grin he adds "English is not my mother tongue. It can be a tricky language. I am still not always getting it quite right, and even with Piper's help our thinking machines are much worse than I am. But they will get better, and it is someplace for you to start."

"Speaking of Piper, I can see that the two of you know each other. How did that happen?"

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:16 am 
"Yes, Ice Cream. One of the Great Alchemies of the Terran, ice cream had been enjoyed by billions of people even before we left, and with a little luck,
will be enjoyed by countless more here. What's your favorite flavor?"

Nate heads into the ship to either find or jury rig an ice cream maker, cream, sugar, ice, salt, and with with a little luck (and maybe some supernatural intervention, Piper's flavor favorite ingredient.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG