Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:32 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
We don't have any money, but I suppose we could ask the Knights for a small payment for services rendered.

My original plan was to grab the deed, grab Berit, go back to base, give them the deed and negotiate a vehicle and driver for Berit so he can do his job faster, then come back and negotiate with the crime boss. With our vehicles it should only take us a few hours.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:55 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Don't you guys have two trucks? Couldn't you could send one back to the ship with the deed and leave the other one with the Pandions while you talk to the crime lord?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:08 pm 
Us PCs are the only ones who know how to drive stick, and splitting the party is usually a bad idea.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:16 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Yeah, I don't want to talk to a crime lord unless everyone is together as a group. That way if we have to fight our way out it'll be easier to manage.

If we did split up, though, someone could stay behind and talk to the Earl of Lenda? By the time they're done the crew that left should be back, assuming nothing stops them.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:09 am 
I feel I should note that the journey from the ship to Cimmura lasted days. Some of that was probably because the roads are frankly terrible, but road quality is unlikely to have improved much since then.

You're welcome to do things in whatever order you want.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:48 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I thought that was because we were following horses? It took us only two days to make a three week journey. A five day excursion via horse should probably be less than that, regardless of road condition.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:47 am 
Gyah. You're right, that was a factor.

Still, the road from Cimmura, the capitol, to Castle Radun is at least paved almost all the way. The road from Cimmura to an until-now fairly anonymous bit of forest is mostly mud and sand with occasional instances of having to navigate around cattle-equivalents or carefully drive between trees that are just far enough apart for the truck to squeeze in (Or having to chase the cow-equivalent out from between the trees and then navigate the narrow gap). You're not going to be getting back to Cimmura the same day as you leave it.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:57 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
That's fine with me, for the most part. We've still got three weeks of time. Get the deed in a safe box in the colony, talk to the Captain, get Berit a ride and a driver to meet up with Sir Sparhawk.

Unless the Pandion Order is a safer place than the deepest bowels of the ship in the toughest lockbox we have guarded by electrically charged handles and automated turrets that ventilate anyone that venture into that room (we should probably put up a sign). Just to be extra sure we can have a forger go over the document and make a fake one to send back to the Pandion Order and have them guard it as though it were real.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:53 am 
The Pandions seem convinced that no-one is getting into their chapterhouse unpermitted without bringing an army or two, and even then they'll take heavy losses and take several weeks to get in.

If you ask Sir Ulath, he'll ask you how secure the Ship is against smoke demons.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:35 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
We could make it secure, seeing as it was vulnerable to cold.

Sigh.

I still want to take it, but I suppose it's better to keep it here. If Berit is willing to wait a little bit, we can take him to the ship after we're done talking to the crime boss and maybe the Earl of Lenda, since we never got the chance to have a talk with him before.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:09 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
The ship could rig booby traps against that specific kind of being, yes. But unless Arkady is present, who among the Terrans can really interfere with some other kind of demon? At least the Pandions know how to fight generic summonings without worrying about the specific weakness of this or that one.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:35 pm 
The Pandion Chapterhouse is one of the most secure places on the continent, and that's mainly because it's full of Pandions. (The walls and stuff help, but you get places with better walls and stuff. Not much better, though).

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:51 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Man, watching David freak out at you reminds me of the time he accused us of being saboteurs while in the midst of his own freak out.

EDIT
Though I have to be sure. Are we absolutely, positively certain that talking to the crime boss is a good idea?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:50 pm 
Do you have a better idea for getting our hands on a sample of a rare and highly illigal poison within a reasonable timeframe?

We have enough dirt on him (and so do the Pandions) that we can twist his arm a fair amount. Preceptor Vanire has also volunteered to foot the bill for any potential poison purchases. Unless you want to go to Rendor, this is our best bet.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:15 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
What sort of dirt do we have on him, exactly? I can understand the Pandions footing the expenses, but the radio was sold pretty quickly and I'm unsure of if the information we got could be used as blackmail or is only just dangerous eough to ensure that we're seen as a threat and need to be taken out.

Best plan would probably be to say that we're interested in poisons for research, and that we came to the people best equipped to help us. Prepare a list of poisons. A fair few native. A fair few non native, to help pique their interest perhaps? The list would include Darestim, and we'll tell them we're interested in acquiring all the poisons on it for a price.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG