Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:05 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "Not unless he has one to hear us. How far is he from here?"

Idly curious, Arkady checks to see if his pistol was replaced with something roughly the same size and weight.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:04 am 
Arkady's pistol is still in his pocket. It seems everyone's guns are accounted for.

"About three weeks' travel," says Vanire. "That's three weeks for us as well as for Krager, of course. And then Martel will still have to gather people, make banners - I'll send out a column of genuine Knights today, they can get to Radun's castle well before Martel's fakes, warn him of the deception, and perhaps arrange an ambush of their own." He nods at Nathan. "While I understand your viewpoint, I will not sanction assassination of a Churchman, unless and until he's actually convicted of a crime that carries the death penalty. Martel, on the other hand, has been sentenced years ago; and anyone actually wearing the armour of a Church Knight without being a Church Knight may be summarily executed. If we can capture Martel or Krager, we can likely get the evidence we need to deal with Raven - especially Krager, he'll betray anyone if it keeps him alive."

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:39 am 
Nate nods before frowning in thought.

"Three weeks travel. At ten leagues per day on average, and five kilometers per league, that'd be about 1050 kilometers. At a relativly conservative speed of 50 Km/h, given road conditions, We could do it in 21 hours. Two days if we push it a little."

Nate rubs his chin.

"We'll still want to have a chat with the Earl and our little thief, and I'd recommend swinging by the ship to drop off the land title and the audio recording. It's possible that someone might be able to clean up and separate the tracks. But even so, we can get a warning to castle Radun in under a week."

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:58 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I'd say the thief should be a low priority, though I am somewhat curious as to how they got one of our weapons," Felix says. "But speaking to the Earl of Lenda should definitely be a priority. I agree on that part and stopping by the colony before heading to the castle."

Turning to Preceptor Vanire, Felix continues.

"Do you have anyone you trust that would be able to persuade Count Radun of the impending attack? They can come with us. Even stopping by the colony first, we may well make better time than you and yours."

Felix pats the side of the truck.

"They may not look it, but these automobiles are faster than any horse ever bred and don't tire so long as they have properly combustible fuel to run off of."

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:03 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks a bit askance. "We'd need a bit of luck and a competent guide, but unless the count is the opposite direction from the ship we should be able to make it in less than a week. But more important than that; who gave that thief a firearm? We three still have ours, and Piper didn't seem to be carrying one; that leaves only Sir Ulath." Turning to the knight, he asks "Did someone back at the ship give you one? Or should I be asking this of Piper?"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:22 am 
"We'll send young Berit back to your colony with whatever you need carried. The faster we can warn Count Radun, the better - unless you're going to be going cross-country, they are in opposite directions, and I'd rather not risk running into something on our way back through Cimmura that stops us. I'll come with you myself - we'll need to make do with the Count's horses - how many knights can you take with you?"

Sir Ulath shakes his head. "I have my axe," he says. "I have not taken any of your weapons."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:12 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
"I didn't think so, but how...wait a minute." He asks his comrades: "Were either of you carrying tasers or flare guns? That sort of thing? Because whatever he has, it sounds like they have a psychic to tell them how to use it."

Then he glances back at Vanire, and says "Perhaps half a dozen safely? Maybe ten or so if we left some supplies here, but there would be a fair chance someone would get hurt if the trip is bumpy enough. There is no room for horses, they would have to borrow some from the count."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:25 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"The trucks have tow hitches, so if we can get a couple of large wagons we can fasten them to the back and be able to carry more supplies and more Knights, though I imagine the ride would be somewhat bumpy for whoever is in back," Felix replies. "Use them to bring a select few weapons from our supply and have the rest of the space used by Knights. If you've got any pillows, you might want to sit on them. Those roads are gonna be incredibly bumpy at the speeds we're gonna go."

If the Knights do indeed have any wagons they're willing to use, Felix will work on making the adjustments needed to hitch them to the back of the trucks as well as rigging up some makeshift seat belts.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:07 pm 
Anyone who might have been carrying a taser or flare gun still has it.

"We have wagons, and we can certainly handle a bit of... bumpiness." Vanire strides out to the centre of the courtyard, and starts giving orders - the Pandions jump very quickly when he says "jump", and within a few moments he has two carts filled with cushions and about a dozen knights ready to go. Berit (the young lad whom Sir Sparhawk had sent to give Vanire warning of your presence) stands ready to ride back to Fangorn with whatever you want carried back there, and Vanire has a second group of knights ready to head for Castle Radun by horseback.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:36 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix takes out his tablet and asks Nathan to show him the deed. Laying it out on the driver's seat of the truck where it'll be out of sight, he takes a series of photos of the deed using the tablet. Plugging it into the radio, Felix sends back copies of the image to the colony as a source of spare deeds, should something run afoul of this one. He also sends a copy of the recordings tagged with a request to try and enhance the audio and remove feedback so the speakers are better able to be identified. It could be vital evidence against our detractors.

"Quick vote," Felix says in English. "I'm not comfortable letting our lone copy of the colony deed out of our possession, which is why I'm sending digital copies to the ship. Still, though, it might be better overall to have our deed in a lock box on the ship as opposed to on our person confronting hostile enemy combatants. I say we hand the deed to Berit and have him take it back to the ship. I don't care about any of our other stuff, we can dump what we don't take to Castle Radun in a shed here in the Pandion Knight's HQ. He takes the deed and he makes his best speed back to the ship. What do you say?"

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:51 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shakes his head and looks at Vanire. He says in Elene: "Those wagons. Do you have any spare wheels and axles for them? If not, we will have to reinforce them at your smithy before we go." Switching to English, he says: "Felix, it's not our land. We should be asking our knightly landlord what he wants to do with his deed."

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:31 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"He's the owner of the land in name, but the land belongs to us," Felix replies in English. "I'm sure he'll defer to our own opinion if we press the issue, though if he has his own thoughts on the matter I'd be willing to listen."

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:33 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady replies in English: "Felix, under their law we can't own land. If anything happens to his title to those woods, they are lost to us; no Elene court would listen to any claim of ours. Well, not unless we are declaring independence and winning first."

"Now since Sir Ulath is a proud and intelligent nobleman who is doing a bunch of aliens a very great and somewhat dangerous favor, I think it would be wise for us to politely ask his opinion what he is wanting to do with his deed. We can suggest storing it in the ship for him if you want, but please never let him hear that you will consider what he wants as if we are doing him a favor by listening. We can not afford to offend him."

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:33 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix eyes Arkady before leaning over and calling out in Elene.

"Hey, Sir Ulath? I need to ask you something in private between the four of us."

Once he gets closer so that they can talk in a lower voice, Felix continues.

"I think the deed will be safer on the ship in the toughest lock box the ship's got, rather than on our person for the three weeks it'll take us to carry out our plan," Felix tells Sir Ulath. "Do you think it's a good idea to have Berit take it straight over at his fastest clip, or do you think we should keep it on us?"

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:53 am 
"I think the best choice is to leave it here, in care of the Pandions," says Sir Ulath. "No-one can break in here, and if it is needed, it will be needed in Cimmura, so it would be well to have it close at hand."

Meanwhile, Vanire introduces Arkady to the knight who works the smithy (a burly fellow known as Sir Hasand) with the very firm not-quite-an-order to get the necessary reinforcing done as quickly as possible. Please.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG