Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:17 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Yes, I'm sure Arkady has noticed the pottery, and put two and two together in his own mind (it's a trick he's used before back in post Soviet Ukraine). He just hasn't mentioned it yet because it really hasn't come up.

I glanced at the posts from before, but I didn't study them. Arkady doesn't know any of that stuff, after all. As it happens, what his comrades were shown wouldn't answer his question.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:01 am 
Sorry I've been so quiet guys, Worldcon was somewhat chaotic, and I've been getting ready for a big family reunion camping trip. Speaking of, I might be going dark for a few days starting tommorow. Cell reception has been describes as somewhere between "spotty" and "nonexistant". I'll keep up if I can.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:59 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Interesting question, though; will any of the folks present for the holograph episode (the two terrans and Sir Ulath) admit it happened and that they know something about these state secrets from the horses mouth? It would alter the discussion going forward, I think.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:12 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix is too busy with the cart to pay attention to the conversation and Nathan won't be saying anything unless balthazar finds the time and the internet to post, since he's on a camping trip right now.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:56 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I really shouldn't be listening to Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner while I'm reading this thread. Really, I shouldn't be. It makes me just a little bit too paranoid that Arkady is going to be called on to turn undead soon.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:56 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
The best part is my first thought was of Father Grigori from Half Life 2. So what if you can't turn undead with holy power? We've got shotguns.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:21 pm 
Bouncing bettys. Just set them to go off at more or less head height, and all you have to worry about is the odd crawler and the inordinately lucky ones.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:53 am 
Nah, the undead won't be turning up in this battle. I'm saving them for later.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:14 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Oh, goody.

How dusty/muddy are the roads hereabout?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:32 pm 
The major highways and roads inside major cities are paved with cobblestones. They're uneven enough to promise a very bumpy ride, but a good deal less dusty than simple dirt roads would be.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:06 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Slightly less well built Roman roads, I see. I'm guessing the spare room in the truck beds is full of cord wood. So we've got two carts hooked up to the trucks, right? How many knights all told?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:00 am 
Um... given space considerations... space taken by wood... the Knights are all going to insist on kitting themselves out in full armour... half a dozen, say? Apart from Preceptor Vanire and Sir Ulath.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:30 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
The carts aren't very big, I take it. Well, I hope the poor dears understand how much fun it would have been without the springs and cushions (never mind the straps). In passing, Arkady would be openly shocked if the suspension system the Terrans just introduced isn't widely copied by the locals within the next few years. At least in the more expensive carts and wagons.

Would it be safe to assume that the folks back at the ship are monitoring the radios in town as best they are able? If no one has spelled that out to them, Arkady will make a point of asking before they leave.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:30 am 
They're not exactly large carts, and the Knights insist on taking various bits of very sharp pointy metal along with them which means they can't safely sit too close together. Vanire did order a larger group of knights to also head for Castle Radun by horseback, they should arrive shortly before the fakes (and, because Vanire is not an idiot, they have an arrangement to differentiate them from the fakes; specifically, Vanire is going to want to personally see the face of any Knight requesting entry, and, as a backup, in case something goes wrong, they have a password arrangement).

The folks back home have the radios on auto-record and someone goes by every day to see if the system's picked up anything of interest. Since the only one there who can speak Elene is Sir Bevier, he gets to listen to all of it. Apparently the Prefect spent several hours yesterday afternoon talking about something which Sir Bevier indicates was completely unimportant.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:43 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
It's crossing Arkady's mind to teach some of the locals how to use flash-bangs, of which we have a crate or two.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG