Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:27 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I'd already made the offer to help arm the Elene forces. That could be part of the concession deal. We could also offer to send a token military force to help support the war effort once we have ourselves set up well enough. We can also wake up the best social expert we have, teach them Elene, and send them as a full time diplomat.

EDIT
Weremensh, can you spend the next turn rolling Empathy to try and find out what it is the Primate wants from us, as far as Concessions go?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:31 pm 
Nate has stated his willingness to hunt down those responsible for atrocities. That would seem to present enough plot hooks to make a decient concession.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I wouldn't think so. Given the suspicions that the Primate poisoned the Queen, it could count as a mark against us if the Primate considered his own actions to be evil, whether necessarily or not, or if he thought we'd consider his actions evil. Besides, the Church already has the Knights to hunt down evil for them.

We could offer to set up an Engineering Corps that'll go around the Elene nation and improve the lives of the various people we encounter.

Concession Ideas wrote:
Establish an Elene Church on our Lands
Pay Tithes to the Church
Arm the Elene Forces
Token Military Force to Support the Elene Military
Send Full Time Diplomats
Hunt Down Those Who Commit Evil
Engineering Corps Improving Elene Lands
Garrison of Church Knights/Church Soldiers

Last edited by Kajin on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:45 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Or we could just outright state that he can't be absolutely sure the Terrans would not betray the Elenes if they thought it was in their interest, the Terrans can't be absolutely sure the Elenes wouldn't betray the Terrans if they thought it was in their interest, and such is life in the real world in which adults live. Which said, we then ask him what he thinks would be a suitable gesture, and then spend a few minutes discussing the matter (in English). Or Felix could decide that something he ate disagrees with him, and head off to the privy until his nerves settle.

Arkady has been trying to read the man in black all along; I imagine he'll get another roll when enough time has gone by.

In passing, I wonder if Piper is going to intervene...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:51 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
CCC said on Discord that enough conversation has happened for Arkady to have another shot.

I don't think Felix will be able to come back once he leaves. Once he's out of the conversation he's out. If we ask him what he wants it might not end in our favor. He'd ask for much more than what he'd actually be willing to take and it'd be up to us to eat crow and take it or spend more time debating him down. An Empathy roll to determine what he might want would be simpler and quicker, and I'd be willing to throw fate points at it to support the roll.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:26 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
It occurred to me that Felix could also offer to let the Elene church put a garrison of church knights on Terran land, which the Terrans will support when they are on their feet. Protection against betrayal for them, someone not stunningly fond of the clergy for us, and a source of magic training right next door...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:31 pm 
Ooo, I like that.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:02 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I don't think the Primate would agree to potential subversives being watched over by potential subversives, but that's not to say we couldn't make the offer for a Garrison of Knights to watch over us.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:36 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
He'd have a hell of a time refusing right in front of a church knight, now wouldn't he? Word would get around...besides, it gives him what he said he wanted. Though we might want to specify which order.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:50 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Alright. For now I suggest Felix offers Garrison of Church Knights as a Concession to reach a deal. Possibly in combination with Establish an Elene Prayer Alter, though we could wait to offer that until later and see if he just takes the Garrison. Thoughts?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:35 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
We can do without a special altar, especially since a chapter house of church knights will have a chapel (which we can mention if he wants such a thing). I guess Felix should say the order of one of the knights we've met; Sir Ulath's, say; or the folks we parked the truck with (the Primate's lackey didn't think much of them).

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:16 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Alright, so the Church Knight Garrison is likely to fail spectacularly. The Elene Church would succeed. Any of the neutral suggestions have a chance of success.

I'll suggest Church Tithes or Engineering Corps Improving Elene Lands or the Token Military Force to Support the Elene Military. Currently leaning towards the Church Tithes one myself. Will probably make that offer and if it fails and it looks like things are going really badly we can always offer to establish a church. We could always do our best to stonewall the priest and prevent him or her from gaining information where possible.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:47 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I was expecting that to get rejected. All in all it seems pretty favorable, everything considered. Does the Primate have direct control of the treasury, or does he have to be careful what he takes from it lest people get suspicious?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:57 pm 
That's a very good question.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:06 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
We can always ask Ser Ulath. If he doesn't know he should at least know someone who does.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG