Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:20 pm 
Personaly, I'd be inclined to just handwave fuel concerns away at that point. Provided we have access to wood, we have fuel for everything. If we lose access to wood, like in a siege, then we have (die roll)x number of stills = weeks of fuel in reserve. If we've been at this for awhile, swap weeks for months.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:51 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
It's not like we don't have enough storage space for all the wood we could ever hope to use. If we want to weather a siege, probably the best thing we can do is set up all fuel cells and gasifiers inside one of the sections of the ship with proper vent piping leading outside to avoid buildup of poisonous fumes. Then use all available storage space for wood. We could potentially have months or years worth of fuel stored away as such.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:21 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
That sort of wood supply would come after the food supply opens up and lots of free labor can join the fun. All of which sort of begs the question of whether someone will object to the colonists clear-cutting the neighborhood. Mind you, if not, then it could be part of setting up a farm; but generally massive old trees in settled lands have owners with their own ideas about what to do with the lumber.

It occurs that we should probably ask the locals what else the trees are good for; we'd feel really stupid finding out we were chopping down banana trees for a farm.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The nearest village is half a day away by horseback. The forest we landed in is ancient and relatively untouched by man, or at least that's my general impression of it. It's possible we'll find trees that make for good sources of food, but I wouldn't think they'd be super reliable sources of food, though we could always just cut around them if they do turn out to be useful that way. Either way I doubt anyone owns this forest but the local lord, and we're already thumbing our nose at him or her by our very presence here in their land.

Though one hopes we'll eventually find a large source of coal or crude oil we can tap into as a fuel source for power generation. That's actually what Felix was going to try and do today if the Baron's arrival hadn't waylaid his plans somewhat.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:10 am 
I don't have drive as a skill.

Shazbot.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:39 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Then you have it at 0, if I understand correctly. He can drive, he's just no good at it.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:53 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
So long as we don't try to do anything beyond driving slowly and surely down the road, we should be okay.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:31 am 
Weremensh wrote:
Then you have it at 0, if I understand correctly. He can drive, he's just no good at it.

Yep, that's right. Nathan can get from A to B, but is useless behind the wheel in a car chase and not particularly inclined to set speed records or do anything tricky with a car.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:31 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
If the Baron is going to take a while to wake up then someone might want to wake up Felix up so he can get more stuff done.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:31 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
So...Arkady, with a driving skill of 1, is the party wheelman. Poopy soviet-era roads for the win.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Once Felix wakes up and the turret is assembled he'll spend the journey in the back of the truck prepared to defend against any attacking foe. With the targeting system in his visor he ha the best Guns skill of anyone in the group, and without any driving skill to speak of it's the best place for him to be.

I wonder if the turret will give me an attack and defense bonus...

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:41 pm 
There are two trucks, and Nate wouldn't trust Felix to drive at this point. Oh well.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:05 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
On the plus side it'd be a good source of fate points for me and the resulting crash into a tree or ditch would be an excellent delaying tactic as we spend the necessary time trying to extricate the truck.

Also, I'd much prefer Piper stay with the ship. If she's the one casting the wind magic that's keeping the windmills going at full capacity then it could set the colony back quite a ways if she leaves and stops using that magic. The very possibility she might try and come with was what made me choose to set up another fuel cell instead of another windmill.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:24 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Remember that Piper is a power, or perhaps a Power. Father Fedorenko would very much not rather force her to stay behind, especially with people who do not know what that means. Besides, assuming she is the one making it windy, there's no way of knowing if she'd keep doing it if she stayed (and or that matter, if it would stop if she left).

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:26 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Besides, Arkady has no idea what's been going on with the windmills.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG