Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:13 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Tag Fortune Roulette and give it to him. He can pay me back later when we need to start vehicles on short notice.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:13 am 
Let me check my notes.....

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:28 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
How many points do I have left so far?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:32 am 
Two.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:36 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Wow, that many? I thought we had a refresh recently and I was capped at seven. Might be a good idea to put available fate points up on the character sheets so we can keep track of them easily.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:46 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
That dying old man also lived through a revolution and the communist era (with an emphasis on Stalin's reign). Callow youth that he was.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:14 am 
Quite. That dying old man saw a lot in his time.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
By the by; the fey are normally noted for not being touched by time. It's interesting that Piper does experience it, even if it doesn't openly change her.

Oh, and for the nonce it's just as well if Irina stays asleep; but were she to wake would I need to generate an aspect to have her work with Arkady in any meaningful way?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:56 am 
at the very least, yes. She'd be a lot more capable if you were to attach her to one of the various stunts that allow a companion (Contacting: Contact, for example).

You will, in time, eventually be able to add new stunts, but it will take a while to get there.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:52 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'm guessing the ammunition we brought with us was vacuum sealed and preserved in a way that could make it last even longer than anything else we brought with us.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:41 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Properly made ammo at absolute zero would be pretty much immortal, but Arkady didn't think it through. He's looking at it from the perspective of a man who once got stuck with mobilization-only division ammo stores; AK-47 rounds from the late 40s. His experiences with it were imperfect.

Btw: of all the foodstuffs essentially immune to spoiling, a sucrose crystal would be pretty high on the list. He knows there were some in Irina's personal gear, and suspects there is more out there somewhere.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:17 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Hey Weremensh, given any thought to joining the discord channel? We've been discussing possible identities for Piper. Going to look into the possibility that she might be the ship's AI gained sentience and physical form after countless centuries spent orbiting the planet and weathering storms of magical phenomenon. She didn't appear until right after we got the first windmill up and started recharging the ship, so this insane and unlikely theory has some plausibility.

Also my Internet is out and I don't know when it will be back. Posting will be sporadic and done from my phone. If I don't respond quickly don't hold up on my account. Just have Felix working on some engineering task in the background or shooting the same thing Nathan is shooting.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:06 am 
Just a point of order: a gasifier produces syngas, which is a fuel that can be burned in a standard petrol engine without modification. It is very similar to a methanol still, simply running at a higher temperature with a bit more oxygen going into it. With regards to use on a vehicle, think of it as a cross between a boiler and a fuel tank, usualy mounted somewhere on the exterior.

As for the trees; when in doubt? C4.

It also might be better to bring two smaller trucks then one big one.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:14 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Kajin wrote:
Hey Weremensh, given any thought to joining the discord channel?

I hadn't, no. I can't access the internet from work, so I don't see much gain from a gameplay point of view if I only chat there when I could be doing it here. Though Piper as a manifestation of the ships AI is an interesting thought.

Game question: first, how much candy has gone missing? Hundreds of kilos? Unit tons? It would have been enough for thousands of folks until a sugar beet crop came in, after all; even a gram a day each adds up quickly. Second, is there any other sugar in inventory (powdered, granulated, etc); and has it gone missing too?

Final bit of linguistic trivia: the Russians used to call the Tsar 'Little Father'.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:50 pm 
Weremensh wrote:
Game question: first, how much candy has gone missing? Hundreds of kilos? Unit tons? It would have been enough for thousands of folks until a sugar beet crop came in, after all; even a gram a day each adds up quickly. Second, is there any other sugar in inventory (powdered, granulated, etc); and has it gone missing too?

Most of the emergency rations were canned, or frozen; there were energy bars containing important nutrients, entire rooms full of chocolate... somehow, rock candy and granular sugar wasn't exactly a priority. As in, there was practically none in Inventory to start with (the rock candy in Irina's personal locker may have been all there was).

It's all gone. No food on board, apart from what you've found since landing.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG