Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:58 pm 
Everyone who's awake was taking lunch with you. Piper is now very quietly absent (no-one saw her leave, she's just no longer visible in the vicinity).

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:00 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I think Arkady was talking like that just in case the Baron was using translation magic or something?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:18 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Although that crossed his mind, he's also telling his fellow humans to lie to the baron about just how many of them there are awake right now and whether there are reinforcements waiting in the wings in case he gets cute.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:48 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Quick question; given the local wildlife, I assume there are some guns out among the diners. Just how well armed is everyone?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix and Nathan both have rifles. Nathan's gun skill is quite high and Felix gets a +4 bonus to guns from his visor gadget stunt. Plus for my bonus gadget stunt I'll likely be taking a grenade launcher rifle attachment loaded with flash bangs or some other manner of nonlethal stunning grenade. If CCC allows it.

When we went on a Cockatrice hunting expedition, David and Doctor Vanderbilt both brought metal baseball bats. If they have any weapon on hand, that would likely be it. Unsure about the other NPC Colonists.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:08 pm 
Sir Ulath has his Very Large Axe (in passing, it should be noted that Sir Ulath and his axe are already probably more than a match for the Baron and his entire retinue, should it come to that). Sir Bevier has his sword. Felix and Nathan, as noted, have their rifles. Piper is nowhere to be seen, but is generally armed only with her pipes. Everyone else, in case of combat, displays an excellent turn of speed and a habit of hiding behind their better-armed colleagues, mainly because keeping track of too many NPCs in combat in a pain. (There are plenty of guns in storage in the ship, should they be required to arm themselves; however, as they have poor to nonexistent aim and no-one in this world knows to be intimidated by guns, there seems only marginal benefit to carrying them around)

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:53 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Ok, two things. I'd like to change the aspects from Arkady's third story to the more logical married and priest. That done, his stunts are Mysteries: Psychic and Artificer (he isn't aware he's got the latter yet, it will manifest if he ever learns anything about magic). Academic: Walking Library. Empathy: Cold Read and Hearts Secret.

Mind you, I'd like to do a story about him in Rome to add another aspect or two; but I can't for the life of me figure out how to justify either of the other characters being there for the guest star role except in the most utterly peripheral of ways.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix is an amazing Engineer. Just as good as Arkady, even. Could be that he was hired to help do some repair work in Rome along with Arkady as the basis for getting the two together for the guest star aspect?

Also, is there anything you can think to bring with us on our delegation? Anything that might be useful?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:52 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
That's not why Arkady goes to Rome, but it does give me an idea...lemme ponder a bit.

As to things to bring along, he does have some ideas; but he wants to deal with Piper first.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:48 am 
Weremensh wrote:
Ok, two things. I'd like to change the aspects from Arkady's third story to the more logical married and priest. That done, his stunts are Mysteries: Psychic and Artificer (he isn't aware he's got the latter yet, it will manifest if he ever learns anything about magic). Academic: Walking Library. Empathy: Cold Read and Hearts Secret.

Okay, character sheet tweaked.

One note on Artificer; in order to get any use out of it, you'll need an arcane workshop. This is the one type of workshop that's not automatically available on the Ship (which includes its own Library, Lab, Workshop, etc.). There are arcane workshops in this world, but they might take a bit of poking around to find (and tend to have owners who must be persuaded to share or otherwise dealt with).

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:52 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'm sure we can trade a flashlight or three for the raw essentials needed to build an arcane workshop. Maybe an exaggeration, but we'll get there.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:55 am 
We have the technology. We can build it bigger, better, faster, and with %20 more fancy computers and scanner thingies...

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:06 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Make that 30 percent more! What are we, animals?!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:08 am 
Cue the 80's rock montage!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:11 am 
Heh. Good luck with that.

I think the Cold Read stunt justifies Arkady getting a chance for another read off Piper at this point, this time using Heart's Secret to pierce right through to something important to her; Unfortunately, the roll generated no Shifts, but if someone wants to spend a Fate point to help that roll out, Arkady will be able to pick up something about the quiet little girl...

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG