Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:00 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
"Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, but there were a few wanted posters over at the Sheriff's office last time I checked."

Dran heads upstairs and is confronted by a long corridor lined by doors on either side. Based on what he felt through the force, the anxiety he felt is likely coming from one of the four rooms at the end of the hallway. Noises emitting from behind the doors suggest that they are used by the ladies downstairs to entertain those who have rented their company. Bursting through the wrong door is not likely to be well received.

He must be cautious.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:45 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10993
"I'll have to go have a glance over there later," muses Crystal. "So. You've got an imperial presence here?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:56 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
Darmek shrugs.

"Not really. They tried to drop one of those prefab garrisons down out in the swamp outside of town a couple of years ago, but abandoned it after half the personnel came down with swamp fever and the whole thing started sinking. We tried to warn them, but they figured they knew better then the people who live here. They send a cruiser by every couple of weeks to check up on us, make sure we're not actively rebelling. It works out pretty well actually."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:46 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10993
"Ha! Yeah, that's the Imps alright." Crystal deepens his voice slightly. "We are in charge, therefore we know your own backyard better than you do! Ha!" He chuckles.

"So," he asks once he's stopped laughing, "did they pack their barracks up when they went, or did they leave it lying around?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:44 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Online
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8752
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Dran picks the door that gives him the strongest emotional impression. If there's no one around to see, then leans in against the door to listen. If there's anyone around that might raise an alarm to such an action, he'll go ahead and walk on in with full confidence. Less suspicious that way.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:19 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
Darmek grins at Crystal's impression.

"Heh, heh! Naw, it's still out there, half sunk in the swamp. Wouldn't have been worth the cost of pulling it out, so they stripped out whatever wasn't bolted down and left. Then we came with wrenches and pulled out everything else. A fair part of the town, including this saloon, is built out of spare bulkheads and scrap we pulled out of it."

There is no one about, so Dran can take his time and nose about.

Use Force: +4. Roll: 0. Total: +4. Goal= +2. Success.

He picks a likely candidate and listens in.

Alertness: +2. Roll: +1. Total: +3. Goal= +2. Success.

A rough voice emanates from behind the door.

"Behave yourself girl and you'll live through this. Make a nucience of yourself and, well...."

The anxiety Dran has been feeling promptly turns to fear.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:08 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10993
"Really?" Crystal takes a swig of his drink. "So, who's living in the empty shell, then?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:09 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Online
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8752
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
That's all Dran needs to take action. Channeling his inner good guy, he quickly opens the door and steps inside.

"Why, pray tell, must she behave?" Dran demands in a voice heated with intensity, but not so loud as to attract attention. His hand goes to his blaster hidden in his jacket, not quite drawing it but making the threat quite clear. His other hand is held slightly forward, as though gesturing to stop. This coincidentally places it near his gauntlet, where his REAL weapon, the lightsaber, is hidden. "And why does her behavior dictate whether or not she shall live?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:59 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
CCC wrote:
"Really?" Crystal takes a swig of his drink. "So, who's living in the empty shell, then?"


Darmek takes a moment to polish a glass.

"No one smart. If the Imperials couldn't make a go of it out there, the average squatter wouldn't last a week. There are a few people who are smart, skilled, and tough enough to live out there, but most of them live in town or have places nearby."

Dran bursts in to find an average sized man with dark hair standing by the window holding a very large blaster rifle. A very pretty Twi'lek girl is tied to a chair and gagged in the corner, her eyes as big as saucers. An open wardrobe trunk between her and the bed displays enough weaponry to kick off a small war.

The rough voiced man turns and levels his blaster at Dran.

"Do you make a habit of listening at keyholes? Step inside and close the door. Quietly."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:38 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10993
"Dumb squatters, then. Got it." Crystal nods towards the sabacc table. "I see you've got a lively gambling scene around here. Bet you any wide-eyed newcomer who steps into that shark cage gets cleaned out in... oh... half an hour? Maybe less?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:08 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Online
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8752
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I'd like answers to those questions," Dran says, though he complies and closes the door quietly. He quickly looks the floor over to make a best guess about distance between himself and the gunman. For now he holds still, his arms crossed and casually leaning against the now closed door.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:04 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
Darmek turns a speculative eye to the Sabacc table.

"Usually it's three hours. The key to a good swindle is that the mark doesn't know he's been swindled. If he thinks he's lost fair and square, he'll go home poor, but there's a chance he'll come back later looking to win back his money. If he knows he's been swindled, he'll come back alright, but with a blaster. So the experts take their time. Let the Mark win every couple of hands, especially the large pots, that keeps them from walking away. In the meantime, you win all the small pots and bleed 'em dry."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rough voiced man's blaster doesn't waver as he reaches behind his back and throws a set of binders at Dran's feet.

"She'll behave herself, or I'll shoot her, and the same goes for you. Now put those on and move next to her." He nods towards the binders and the girl.

He stands about four meters away from Dran.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:31 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10993
"Huh, I didn't think of it like that." Crystal takes another sip of his drink. "It's kind of like farming, then, I guess. In a way. One wants the guy to be able to earn some more money and then lose it all again the next week." He nods at Darmek. "And you sell the drinks to farmer, farmed, and spectator alike, so in a way you're winning no matter what else happens."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Online
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8752
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Activating Force Surge.

No non force user should be able to detect that, so while he concentrates Dran bends down and picks up the binders. Instead of putting them on, however, he twirls one of them around his thumb. He makes no effort to move from his spot at the door.

"I take it you're planning on shooting someone anyway. Whose to say you weren't planning on shooting me to begin with? I'd be putting myself in a mighty tough position if I put these on and you were going to kill me anyway..."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:11 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
Darmek nods sagely.

"Plus you meet all sorts of interesting people."

------------------------------------

Use Force: +4. Roll:+3. Total: +7. Goal= +2. Success With Style.

Dran can feel the Force flowing through him, until it feels almost like he's floating, his feet touching the ground, but not really supporting his weight.

Dran can take the sprint action as a free action at the beginning of the next round, and for the next round after, or he can move an extra zone.

The Rough Voiced Man keeps his blaster rifle trained on Dran

"If I was planning to shoot you, I would have done it when you walked in the door. If you keep stalling though I'll shoot you anyways."

A faint whimper is heard from the girl in the corner.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: