Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:37 pm 
Kajin wrote:
Can we tag the aspects Local Forest and Local Swamp for starting bonuses to the production of the first batch of meds? Could also be nice to have aspects like that on standby to tag with Fate points in case we ever run low and have need of an emergency infusion of supplies to our medical storage.

Yes, you can.

Kajin wrote:
Also, can you edit our character sheets onto the first page of the active OOC thread? I keep forgetting where mine is posted whenever I need to go back and reference something on my sheet for a post. It'd make things easier.

That is an excellent idea. I will get right to it.

Kajin wrote:
EDIT
Adding to this post because I don't want to keep cluttering these threads. I'm assuming the domes don't take that much power to operate relative to what we can produce. If they actually require a lot more than we can make, then Felix would know that and I'll edit my in game post to reflect that.

There are some prefab domes on the Ship, which require, indeed, very little power and are quick and easy to build. They're also flimsy. They wouldn't stand up to an irate cat, never mind an angry manticore. (To be fair, angry manticores were not something the designers had ever anticipated).

If you want a dome that can take a beating, you'll need to build it yourself.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:58 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Can we build the prefab and reinforce it as we go, or would it be quicker and easier to just build a new one from scratch? If the latter, I'd suggest we build one prefab to handle quarantine for study and treatment of local disease (that's something we're going to have to tackle at one point. Might be better sooner than later unless we just refuse to take diseased individuals until the quarantine is built) and build the sturdier one immediately after while the prefab handles the disease treatment caseloads.

What does Doctor Vanderbilt suggest on the disease handling front?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:08 pm 
The prefab domes are basically giant balloons. Put it down, inflate it with an air tank, and you've got space containing breathable atmosphere. They're pretty tough for balloons, but you probably don't want a frightened porcupine too near to one of them.

So an armoured doctor's office is probably easier built from scratch.

As far as disease goes, Dr. Vanderbilt seems to think that, with a suitable quarantine facility and enough labwork, she can probably handle just about anything (or at least prevent further infection).

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:03 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Sorry, mind hasn't been in the right place all day today. Forgot to take out the part about the domes. I'll just spin it so that Felix is suggesting they be used as temporary structures while the permanent ones are being built.

EDIT
Sorry, just not the least bit satisfied with anything I'm writing. I deleted my last post. If I can think of anything else to write I will, but I might not. Think I'll wait til next GM post to see NPC reactions.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I can't wait to meet the Captain. This should prove interesting.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:08 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
balthazar I think you might have the Knights a tad worried.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:24 pm 
They should be. They're operating in a pre-gunpowder, pre-industrialized society. We are going to rock the foundations of that society, possibly litteraly. I'd be worried too.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:46 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
We need to be a little more delicate, though. We want them on our side, not beating us down because they're convinced that we could take over the kingdom if we ever get on our feet.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:52 pm 
We could take over the kingdom if we ever got on our feet. What we want to make clear is that we don't want to. We want to set up shop, raise some crops, build a hospital, and try and make life better for everyone.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:17 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
We have several thousand people. Many of them were only ever civilians. Our combatants are police officers and security personnel at best, by my reckoning. The local kingdom's standing army probably evenly matches our entire crew in numbers. We came prepared for peaceful colonization and self policing rowdy colonists, not fighting a war. We have neither the equipment nor the manpower.

We could build it in a hurry with the expertise we brought with us, but if the Knights go to their commanding officer and say it's better if they march in and take over rather than wait for us to get back on our feet... Well, it'd be but child's play to get us on our knees in surrender. No need to scare the people who at this point have complete control of our very future.

Maybe I'm just being overly cautious, but one word from these two could very well doom our entire ship and everyone on board. Call me cautious >.>

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:29 pm 
And that is why we'll have peace. They could destroy us, but in the process they themselves would be all but destroyed. We don't want a fight, and I'm guessing that they don't either.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:21 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
If there's nothing else to say or do, Felix will likely get back to work at this point.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:08 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I guess everyone has been busy?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:34 am 
I guess so.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:06 am 
With any luck, the Captain will imprint on Nate and think him it's mother.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG