Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:34 pm 
Nervous Breakdown works better. That will cost you two Fate points - you have one left.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:39 pm 
Okay, I've edited my post to include the Aspects tagged.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:41 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
It's a good thing I have those two aspects set up so that you can compel them rather easily.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:46 pm 
Feel free to hint that you have an Aspect that can be compelled if you think I've missed a golden opportunity.

Actually, wait, I might miss a hint. Feel free to state it outright in the OOC thread.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
For the most part, I set up Laser Focus and Fortune Roulette as general purpose compels. Laser Focus for combat, mostly. It might not have come up with the Manticore, but if we're engaging multiple enemies at once you can, at any point, compel me to take a hit from one enemy on the assumption that I was too focused on going after another one. Fortune Roulette for simple bad luck, you know? Disastrous bad luck, even. If the Manticore is charging me you could say I got my foot snagged on a rock or root, leading me to take a poison stinger right to the chest. Or I could be flirting with a noble woman trying to get information out of her husband/father/friend's very sensitive dealings and said person comes walking by right as I ask the question. Cue jumping out a stained glass window and running for my life.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:02 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I feel like I'm hogging up the whole game >.>

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:51 pm 
Don't worry about it. I'm kind of busy right now, so I don't have alot of time to check in frequently.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:10 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
So basic idea for design of the field hospital. Depending on how much power it takes to operate them, I was thinking anywhere between one and three small domes for quarantine to handle people that come in with illness of some kind. I don't know how we can treat them but I imagine any care we can give would be a far cry better than what the local doctors can give (healing magics not taken into account). These will be away and off to the side, somewhat. I'd like to build at least one windmill into the field hospital to power it, with any excess power being fed back into the ship. Maybe more of them depending on power requirements. Can never have too much power, really. The ship needs all that we can give.

Beyond that, it'll just be some basic minimum to moderate fortified buildings with medical equipment, beds, and all that. Basic stuff.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:05 pm 
Most modern medicines, although they are usualy discovered in plants, are manufactured syntheticly. We probably have all we need to start up our own pharmicutical company on the ship.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:54 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
It's probably true that we have all the models we need for the chemicals stored in a computer database, but to actually make the stuff we need chemicals to work with... None of which would have survived the trip, I don't think.

Edit.
It might be a good idea to have lodging and even classrooms set up for the companions and loved ones of our patients. That way they have a place to stay and we can give them basic information on how to aid future recovery of their family once they get released from the hospital.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:29 pm 
Again, we probably have the equipment to make the chemicals we need onboard.

Most organic chemistry relies on carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen for the most part anyway, which are found in abundance practicaly everywhere.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:41 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I don't really know what goes into making medicine so I can't guess for sure either way.

Though if it's really so simple as grabbing the matter that's around us and refining it, we could make and sell bottles of a relatively simple painkiller and it'd be more than worth its weight in gold, given what the Knights have told us.

Very lucrative market, that.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:56 am 
There's a whole bunch of intermediate steps, but with enough knowhow and some patience, you can make just about whatever you want out of what you can find outside. It gets easier if you have access to some reagents and catylists, again, most of which you can find just out and about, or are able to refine out of other organic sources. For example, you can get barbituric acid which is the starting point for barbituates, is made from urea, which gives urine it's smell, and diethyl malonate, which is commonly found in alcoholic fruit beverages such as cider and wine.

Don't even get me started on how disgustingly easy it is to make nitric acid out of stuff you have in your garage.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:53 am 
The knights have said nothing that hints at the idea that healing magic is either well known or common.

As to the field hospital; making a small batch of medicine is a fairly straightforward Science roll. Dr. Vanderbilt gets a bunch of bonuses for being familiar with her machines, and between the swamp and the forest there's no shortage of raw material.

A far more difficult part will be producing medications in quantity. There's a big difference between producing barbiturates at all and producing enough barbituates for fifty patients.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:15 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Can we tag the aspects Local Forest and Local Swamp for starting bonuses to the production of the first batch of meds? Could also be nice to have aspects like that on standby to tag with Fate points in case we ever run low and have need of an emergency infusion of supplies to our medical storage.

Also, can you edit our character sheets onto the first page of the active OOC thread? I keep forgetting where mine is posted whenever I need to go back and reference something on my sheet for a post. It'd make things easier.

EDIT
Adding to this post because I don't want to keep cluttering these threads. I'm assuming the domes don't take that much power to operate relative to what we can produce. If they actually require a lot more than we can make, then Felix would know that and I'll edit my in game post to reflect that.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG