balthazar wrote:
New And Improved!

Yay!

balthazar wrote:
Does it look good?

Looks good - mostly.

Quote:
Wilderness Medic

This works. You can heal with survival, as long as you can find familiar Earthlike herbs (there should be relevant seeds in storage on the ship, and if you turn up somewhere with its own flora, some of it might be uncannily familiar).

Quote:
Take It All In

Requires two other alertness stunts. You have one other alertness stunt.

balthazar wrote:
Is it too late?

Eh, I'll accept it. With the exception of "Take It All In", for the reason above, so you've got one Stunt slot left open. (If you're looking for ideas, One Shot Left can synergise with the "It Only Takes One Perfect Shot" aspect and your incredible accuracy to make pretty much impossible shots easy with your last bullet)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:06 am 
Decided to go for One Shot Left. I'll save Take It All In for later in the game.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:44 pm 
balthazar wrote:
Decided to go for One Shot Left. I'll save Take It All In for later in the game.

Fully approved, then!

Now, go. You have a planet to explore.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Making some minor changes and alterations. Added a trouble aspect and switched some skills around to better reflect the new aspect. Still trying to come up with stunts.

Name: Felix False

High Concept:
Colonial Environmental Manager
Felix is a civilian engineer with expertise in the fields of environmental management and mechanical engineering. He specializes in heat management. Keeping cool the areas that need to be cool and keeping warm the areas that need to be warm. That's a tough job in space with a great many cryogenically frozen passengers, and it'll be even tougher when they make planetfall and need to start building habitats that have to withstand local conditions.

Trouble:
Rambunctious Knave
A joyful and rowdy man, Felix is not above certain kinds of shady enterprise. Whether it be trading in various contraband or setting up an illicit gambling stall, Felix doesn't mind dipping his hand into things that might get him into trouble. With a laugh and a smile he dives headlong into things that could cause him quite a bit of grief if he gets caught. Sometimes to help a friend. Sometimes to make a buck. Sometimes just for the sheer fun of it.

Aspect:
Pride Comes Before the Fall
Nothing angers Felix more than someone with an undeserved chip on their shoulder. Someone with a position of power, real or imagined, and they're using it to look down on those who have less power? Someone who abuses their power just to make other people miserable or gloat over them? Felix greatly relishes watching such people fall and it won't take much convincing to get him in on a trick that'll make a smug jackass look the fool.

Aspect:
Entrepreneurial Streak
One of Felix's passing hobbies is the study of economics and the value of goods. He comes from a family of business owners and stockbrokers, and a lot of their predilections rubbed off on him. Pretty useless for a colonist, but that doesn't mean that Felix doesn't exercise his skills in his off time. If you need it and are willing to pay or barter for it, he might know a guy that can get it for you. For a finder's fee, of course. Cigarettes, extra dessert rations, posters for your room, he's the guy to go to.

Aspect:

Guest Star Adventure w/ Nathan Snow (balthazar):
Fortune Roulette
Everyone else in the world is pretty average, all things considered. Their days are average, their lives are average, and the events that play in between start and finish are most decidedly average. Felix's life is average, too. Though maybe it's better to say that it rounds out to about average. The course of his life is punctuated with many highs and many lows. A great many tales of vast fortune, lucky breaks, and splendid recoveries can often be found to begin or end with a disastrous turn of events.
(This is a guest story with Nathan Snow. I've not written it up yet but the overall theme is of luck in dealing with The Order. Bad luck that cause things to spiral out of control and good luck that ties everything neatly by the story's end. I'll add it here once I've written it)

Skills:
Engineering +5
Contacting, Gambling +4
Science, Rapport, Resources +3
Alertness, Empathy, Endurance, Guns +2
Might, Athletics, Resolve, Weapons, Survival +1

Stunts:
Personal Gadget (Targeting Visor for Bonus to Guns)(Engineering)
Universal Gadget (Engineering)
Gambling Man (Gambling)
Ladies Man (Rapport)
Blather (Rapport)

Last edited by Kajin on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:56 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Quick question. Is there any way to use my engineering skills to jury rig some targeting equipment that'll give me a bonus to using guns? Maybe some kind of visor and reticle system?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:40 pm 
You can, but it won't be permanant unless you take a stunt like personal gadget for it. Universal gadet is another option, as you can decide what it is each episode(?)* as if you had "Just the thing!" on hand, but you don't get as many options for it. So while a universal gadget can be anything, but you need a targeting reticle, a personal gadget will just be a targeting reticle, but will also act as a tricorder and a set of night vision goggles if you want. You get to change the options out each episode(?)*

*I think that's the right word. Scenario might be better.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:53 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I dropped one of the stunts I was more iffy about in exchange for Personal Gadget. I figure that he can build one later on once he's had some time at a work bench.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:25 pm 
Just list it as "Personal Effects."

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:52 pm 
Kajin wrote:
I dropped one of the stunts I was more iffy about in exchange for Personal Gadget. I figure that he can build one later on once he's had some time at a work bench.

That little box next to your cryosleep coffin, with the non-working torch and uncharged tablet, also contains your targeting visor, a map of the ship, and perhaps a few other useful personal effects.

The Visor gives +2 to Guns, and may have up to three improvements. Possible improvements include, but are not limited to:

Additional capability: It does something else as well (for example, it may double as night-vision goggles)

Craftsmanship: An additional +1 to Guns (for a total of +3)

Upgrade: An additional +2 to Guns, but only in specific conditions (for example, a +2 in the dark)

Which improvements do you want?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'll take an additional +2 to guns for a total of +4 (+6 when added to my guns skill) and night vision capability. Will the visor, at least, still be functional?

Are we wearing clothing or did we have to do the cryo sleep in the nude? If so I'll try and grab whatever tattered remains of clothing are in my personal effects.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:09 pm 
The visor will still be functional. Not much else will be, right now.

You were all cryosleeping in your underwear. You have a set of clothes in your box of personal effects.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:05 am 
Other locations on the map include: hydroponic greenhouse (supposed to provide a continuous source of growing food - good luck with that), bridge (if you want to try getting answers out of the ship's computer, you can do so here), airlock (if you want to see what sort of empty wasteland you've landed up in), and plenty of equipment storage rooms.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:15 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Anyone have a way to contact Weremensh?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:58 am 
I have nothing beyond PMs.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:37 am 
Ditto. Just PMs.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG