Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:16 pm 
(Hope this isn't to late. Not used to forums and the joining-there-of....)

I, Adara Kane, age 15, being a Female of sound body and unstable mind, hereby submit my application to the Parapsychological Heuristic Youths of Sciency Culture and Education (PHYSCE).

Please attach a photo of yourself here:

[Stapled to the form is a somewhat worn picture of young, teenaged girl who is somewhat gangly and taller than average. She's wearing a blue hoodie with the hood pulled up, a tuft of rust colored hair peeking out from underneath. Her face is somewhat hidden, and the quality of the picture doesn't help, but her romanesque nose can be made out as she glares at the camera with piercing green eyes. She's leaning in the shadows of a graffitoed wall underneath a set of concrete steps outdoors somewhere. It might take a few looks, but the strangest bit of the photo stands out after a bit. Surrounding the girl, giving her berth of at least several feet, is a number of birds, perched on the steps, the ground, some railings nearby, each in a spot where it has a good view of the girl.]

I submit the following description substituting for a proper background check. (Remember, we can tell when you’re lying!)

What, seriously? A school sponsored organization is wanting me to put a full background here? Can't you like, look that up or something? Bluh. Fine. Not alot to say, anyways. Moved here sometime ago with the folks. Got new jobs and all. More money for stuff we don't need. Less time to use said stuff. Or, you know, spend with family. You know the drill. Only child so I spend time by myself alot. I suppose my only real hobby these days are tending to the vermin. Well, birds. Pigeon coops up on the roof. If they're gonna stick around, at least give them some place they won't trash things up, right?

I would be a good fit for the PHYSCE organization because of the following personality traits, despite whatever deep rooted psychological issues I have yet to work out.

Well, I've been told I need to join a school club this year, so here we are. I suppose my 'gift' with verm birds could be something to set me apart from others who are applying. You see, they just won't leave me alone. Everywhere I go, birds. Skatepark? Birds. The Mall? Birds. Don't get me started on last years field trip to the zoo.

I offer to PHYSCE my skills in Avi Potestate Amoris (That sounds scientific, right?), as well as other services in exchange for their assistance in honing and controlling my powers in every other area that I’m lacking. (If you aren’t sure how to describe your power, come talk with one of us and we’ll let you know if it’s got a sciency Latin name. Or we’ll make one up!)

Finally, I submit the following interesting facts about myself, so that they may be used as blackmail, bribery, entertainment, or secret government research.

Seriously, if you want a swarm of pigeons acting as flying piranha, I'm your girl. If your flyers are true and you can teach pyrokinesis, maybe we can make phoenixes (phoenixii?). Or at least have fun thinning the number of flying vermin trying to do so. Hahaha, I kid, of course. Don't read that.

By signing this form I am relieving PHYSCE of all blame for harm that may be caused by the projects, experiments, and activities held herein, including but not limited to: Cuts, Bruising, Maiming, Loss of Limbs, Amnesia, Spontaneous Combustion, Premeditated Combustion, Psychological Damage, Amnesia, Bear Attack, Puma Attack, Bear-Puma Attack, Deja Vu, Amnesia, Rabies, Scabies, Babies, Insomnia, Narcolepsy, Macrame Accidents, Hyperglycemia, Hypoglycemia, Hypnoglycemia, Lyme Disease, Lemon-Lyme Disease, Heart Palpitations, Heart Explosions, Death, Amnesia, and the Common Cold.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Working on my character. Last few days have been a train wreck of stress and headaches. I have the basic ideas for my character hammered out, now I just need to work on the fine details.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:36 pm 
:kiki: Just so you know, if this gets started any time soon. I won't be available week of the 13th (next week)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:14 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I, Annette Augustus St. Clair, aged 15, being a girl of sound body and unstable mind, hereby submit my application to the Parapsychological Heuristic Youths of Sciency Culture and Education (PHYSCE).

Please attach a photo of yourself here:
Attached is a photo of a young girl with long brown hair and a slim figure. She's curled up into a ball on a very fancy couch playing an old handheld game system. Her small frame takes up a relatively small amount of her side of the couch, and she pays no mind to the spiders crawling on her clothing or the hornets that appear to be flying in formation around her head. Her skin is somewhat pale and her eyes have deep bags under them, though it's hard to see what color they are through the bangs shrouding her eyes. The only part of her hair that looks like it receives any attention from a brush at all is a pair of noblewoman ringlets carefully worked into fine order. All the rest of her hair is an unruly mop, rustling occasionally with the odd insect hiding inside.

Her clothing is simple. Made from fine, pale brown silk but otherwise spartan in its functionality. A simple blouse and skirt with a long sash woven about her shoulders and waist. The only bit of decoration that can be seen is a bracelet that looks like it was made from the same silk as the clothing with the various bits of steel in the shape of a scorpion woven into it. The silk of her clothing and her bracelet may or may not have come from the many spiders in the photo.

I offer to PHYSCE my skills in Swarm Control, as well as other services in exchange for their assistance in honing and controlling my powers in every other area that I’m lacking. Annette can control large swarms of insects at will and get them to perform complex tasks in coordination. Her biggest flaw is that she's Bug Creepy™. She's gotten so used to the presence of the insects she controls that she sometimes doesn't realize others might be bothered by them. She calls them to her reflexively as well, and has to actually concentrate if she wants them to stay away. As soon as she stops thinking about it they come flooding back in.

Finally, I submit the following interesting facts about myself, so that they may be used as blackmail, bribery, entertainment, or secret government research. Annette is a shy girl who mostly keeps to herself. Her being Bug Creepy™ certainly doesn't help her when it comes to being approachable, so she doesn't have much in the way of friends as a result.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG