Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:55 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
Lord Robert is awakened early, by several excited soldiers. "Sir, there's been a development!"

"What happened? Did the wolves strike?"

"I'm afraid so, but there was also an amazing event." Lord Robert dresses and is lead down to the town square, where three bodies lay, one covered by a blood-soaked cloth, and the other two uncovered.

"She was found in her home...along with this note. Apparantly, she heard them coming and left a note for her daughter." The soldier then points to the other two forms. "It seems that during the night, there was a struggle. Maybe they couldn't agree on who to kill, or maybe it was just an argument. It really doesn't matter why, I guess, what matters is just that two of the wolves are dead!"

Lord Robert smiles. This is the first good news he's had all week. "Gather the people. We must see who is missing and inform them of the events that took place." The soldiers hurry off to do their job.

Soon enough, you are all gathered. Through process of elimination, the identities of the two dead wolves is discovered.

Code:
Alive:

Anaea - (Eliana, gadgeteer and apothecary)
Meph - (Mervyn, mason)
RTC - (Ritz, harmlessly crazy tavern wench)
Crake - (Roth Carn, bard)
Marauder_Pilot - (Bremen, suspected theif, rogue)
Werewombat - (Lucas Hallson, squire)
FeartheMullet - (Joseph, poet)
Salamander - (Saul Ander, Journeyman Scholar)
CaptPlatypus - (Anselem Francis Michael, monk)
FreakyBoy - (Gregor, local scribe)
The_Confused_One - (Adrianna, not nun-like nun)
StarflightDream - (Alexander DeGauche, travelling salesman)
quesoLOCO27 – (Moses Landon, Elder Council member)
Kiroth 6 - (Charity Greyson, chambermaid and daughter of Isobel)

Dead:

gregnier - (Unknown traveller) (healer) (lynched on Day 1)
drummer_dude - (Nathan Morrey, barkeep) (mauled on night 1)
whymy - (William Matthews, blacksmith) (lynched, Day 2)
Gojira - (Perkins "Tadger" Basset, retired soldier, barfly) (werewolf) (lightninged on night 2)
Talia - (Cyrus Corbin, Eliana's assistant) (werewolf) (lightninged on night 2)
StG - (Isobel Greyson, lacemaker and mother of Charity) (mauled on night 2)

Votes (8 to lynch):

none yet

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:10 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
The previous night...

Isobel tucks her daughter in. She knows the girl is too old for such treatment, but in these times, she doesn't care and expects her daughter won't protest.

She then enters the non-sleeping room of her home to make a cup of tea. After pouring, she turns to see dark forms. Isobel knows she has no escape, and is willing to submit -- after all, according to this "code of honor" she's heard of, they'll only kill one victim each night. If they kill her, they'll leave Charity alone.

As polite and confident as possible, she says to the forms, "Won't you have a cup of tea?"

This diversion is just enough for her to extract pen, ink, and vellum from her desk and scrawl out, in big letters, the note the guards will hand to her daughter the next morning.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:40 pm 
Beta Tester of DOOM!
Location: Look above you...in the dark...Im there, watching you!
OOC: Wow. Now that's unheard of! Usually the people who don't participate are normal villagers!

*Mervyn wakes up early and walks the to center of town, wondering glumly who will have been the next victim.*

*Upon hearing what happened, he shakes his head in amazement*

This...changes everything. Not only are two of the foul beasts dead, but they are two who I had not suspected. I'll have to think carefully about who I vote for today.

*He Returns to his house, makes himself some breakfast, and then returns to the town square to hear what everyone else has to say.*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:58 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
Ritz awakens and performs her early duties at the pub, then reports with the other villagers.

"The wolves died? How? Who killed them? Are there any left?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:14 pm 
AOL: kiroth6
Charity screams as she wakes and sees the body of her mother laying slain on the floor.

She is currently cradling the body not caring that the blood soaks through her dress as she sobs.

Mother, oh god, Mother why? I'm so sorry, Mother.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:44 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
"Oh god..."

Joseph makes a move to put his arms around Charity and comfort her, but he holds back with a nervous look on his face. His face is pensive, looking at the poor girl's slain mother. He finally moves forward and embraces the young girl.

"There, there, young'un..."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:58 am 
AOL: alkthash
Roth walks through the town and again he has heard of who was murdered. The news of Isobel's death pulls at his heartstrings and he grieves for young Chairity. It does not ease his mind to know that while two wolves are dead, a young child has been orphaned. He sits down on the bench and starts to pray, for that is the only thing he believes he can do anymore.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:39 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Gregor stays on the edge of the square, his face pensive. When Charity arrives, however, his face falls and he looks away. Her cry causes him to wince, and he turns back to the square, only to find Joseph already giving the girl some small comfort. Slowly, Gregor approaches the body, kneeling down beside it. He bends his head and, as with the first victims before the voting began, seems to pray.

It is not prayer, however; those nearby can hear: It is the best of us they take. I will find the wolves, or I shall die trying.

The scribe rises, then, after a glance at the dead wolves, looks towards Lord Robert. "Can this be true?" He motions to the dead beasts. "Two fell last night? Are there truly only two left, or did the Great Wolf lie about his rules?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:49 am 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Moses makes his way into town quickly, huffing and coughing, but still puffing away on his pipe. He doesn't hear Charity's cries until he makes his way over and sees the girl holding her mother's bloodsoaked remains. Soething catches in his throat, but it isn't anything from his pipe.

Stepping closer and dropping to his hands and knees, Moses gapes, his face reddening as tears begin to flow down his face. "I-isobel...!" he cries out in greif and rage. His pipe falls from his mouth and smoulders on the ground. He manages to reach out and take one of her delicate hands in both of his, which he brings to his face to cry into.

His speech is soft, fast, and broken as he recites every prayer he knows. His old body shakes wth the same grief and rage his voice quivers with.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:52 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
"In truth, I do not know if the Great Wolf has lied or not. The wolves seem to have been slain in the same manner as the other victims. It seems this was just an internal conflict. There is not mention in the King's edict of any situations such as this, so I can only assume this is a first.

"From what I've heard of the Wolf, he would not violate his own rules. I believe it is safe to assume that only two more wolves remain. He believes this is a game, and he wants to play it through. I can only hope we come out victorious."

Lord Robert looks around at everyone, and says, "The only way for that to happen, of course, is for you to lynch a wolf. I suggest you get on with it."

Lord Robert takes Moses aside and shows him the note. It reads simply, "Charity. Go to Mr. Moses. I love you. Mama."

"Moses...the child will need someone. Isobel chose you to look out for her."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:30 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Tearfully, Moses looks up to Lord Robert. "I know it," he manages to choke out, letting Isobel's hand drop. He sands, tears still running down his face. He makes no attempt to compose himself or pick up his pipe.

He looks to the child, crying and clutching her mother... and nearly takes to his knees again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:22 pm 
AOL: captplati
Location: To have the right to do something is not the same as being right in doing it
the friar comes out of the church wearing a hairshirt. On his arms are large welts from what appears to have been a lashing. He falls in front of the young girl and Moses.

"Forgive me young charity! I have failed you and your mother. I even indited you as being a worker with the wolves. Oh how wrong I was. For I know you are as innocent as my friend Moses. Forgive me, I beg thee! God has shown me that I was wrong!"

He collapses in sobs at the feet of Moses and Charity.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:21 pm 
AOL: Anaea+the+Blue
"Charity, I would take you in as my own immediately were it not for the fact that I suspect I shall die tonight," Eliana says. She then waits for the town to listen as she speaks. "I am the Seer, and I have discovered the identities of the other two wolves. Adrianna I uncovered the first night, and Saul last night. It greives me they Cyrus, one so close to me, I did not suspect and did not discover, but these two I did. I now fully expect that you will either not believe me and kill me, only to learn the truth, or that you will, and the wolves will take me, but I reast easy at least knowing that we now have the power to defeat the monsters."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:36 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Roth heads over to Charity and hands her a cloth to wipe her tears on. He bends down to her level and says,
"I know it is not much, but this is the best I can offer."

Roth stands up and glares at the corpses of the wolves with disgust. He walks over to Moses and says,
"We should burn these demons. They do not deserve a burial, or even to be left to rot."

Last edited by Crake on Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:45 pm 
Location: Almost a lawyer, just need to submit some paperwork and go through interviews
oog: I was tryign to post at the same time but the stupid screen erased what I had wrote. So hopefully you can view the first part as havingf before what you just said

Adrianna wakes up after falling asleep after a night of praying and asking forgiveness for her failure. After hearing Charity's cries she runs to the town square, upon seeing Isobel's body and the crying Charity she runs to embrace the girl "I'm so sorry, this is all my fault, my love failed to guide me, my love failed to protect those that I loved dearest, my friends. I followed my love incorrectl;y and now it has cost both William and your mother's life. I am sorry, if there's anythign you need to be afraid to ask. But Moses is a good man and your mom was a smart, caring, and loving woman who must have a good reason to give you to Moses."

She turns to Moses "I know your a good man, May your love guide you in raising Charity."

After speakign to Moses she hears Eliana claim herself to be the seer and she responds "I knew there was a reason you went after me so heavily, but your powers must have driven you insane and you must no longer see your visions properly as I am no wolf. It is true that I roamed the village at night, but in an effort to save the villagers, my powers of love have given me the ability to heal a person who is near death, but I could never find a person in time during the previous nights ,"

Before continuing she speaks towards Charity and Isobel's body "I failed you, I did not venture outlast night because of my guilty, but I have done it again, I failed you and your mom, the two people i loved most in this village."

She speaks to Eliana again "I would like to use my power to help someone in the village, but I would understand if you needed to follow the advice of the person who claims to be the seer. If anyone must die to prove her visions are false, let it be me for my failures. I vote for myself, Vote:Adrianna I hope that your love will guide the rest of your properly to find the evil wolves that exist in this town."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG