Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post subject: ESP: Tallitha, Qumi
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:21 pm 
AOL: JohnWellingtonW
[Okay, we might have a rocky time getting the RP back on track, but I'm going to be dispatching PMs with the package contents shortly. Everybody who has no opened their packages yet will be assumed to have done so, with the exception of Adreco, who is currently back at the Protest Party headquarters.

The title of this thread refers to an incident in the Gospel of St. Mark. The RPG was not dead. It was only sleeping.

To those who've been following the story closely, including the stuff that's been happening when the party's been mostly offstage, this might recall another plot point...]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:47 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
So, Martin finds out who he needs to deal with to formalize the apprentice scribner post; wonders why anyone would want to get Dora into here (then recalls his discussions with the guys in her gang and stops wondering); and wonders if he would really miss this town if he stole a tactical nuclear weapon and closed down the ESP HQ permanently.

Oh, yes; (studies cards) I open four ruffles and an M&M. It is after 2, right?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:29 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
*Dances the dance of the thread-bumpers*

Where's Wells? I wanna play!

;-)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:50 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Jones grins and slips the shield onto his arm. "Cool. This'll go really good with my bat."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:00 pm 
[Sorry; I was sick for a bit, and that threw me off badly. I'll get Clay his package now.]

Darren's cell phone rings.

"Hello? Mortimer Sovan here. Mr. Adreco is with me, investigating Jansen's poisoning. Can you put the djinn on the line, if it's in?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:42 pm 
Clay examines the shiny looking baton that came in his package and looks at the note.
"The things they think up these days . . ."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:10 pm 
Darren pauses for a heartbeat, then sighs.

So I don't trust him; not like he can do anything over the phone, he thinks.

"Yeah, sure, one second," he puts the phone to his side, pressing the reciever into his pantleg. "Um, Mr... djinn? Our friends would like a word with you, I think involving a magical poisoning." If the djinn agrees, he'll hand it the phone.

And the last thing I need is another person to call right about now...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:20 am 
Simmery picks it up. "Yes, Mr. Sovan. Very well, I'll place it on your account. And the Tailor you wanted is ready. Should I send it with them? Very well, then, never mind."

Simmery hangs up. "I've been instructed to give Mr. Harris and Mr. Parker copies of this. Some of you, it seems, may need it."

He reaches beneath the counter and pulls out what look, at first glance, like folded maps, each about 30 inches by 20 inches, labeled "Isgymun Links and Zones of Demarcation." The maps themselves, though, are rather nondescript, though the paper's oddly thick. Just world maps.

"To zoom in on an area, circle it with a fingertip. To show a power topography, tap it twice. To show the demarcation zones, draw a small right-handed spiral on it with your finger. And to show the links, draw an L. What these terms mean, Mr. Sovan will have to tell you himself, if he can."

"Used properly, these maps will make the current political situation far clearer. I have yet to see a Protest Party member use them properly."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:00 pm 
Darren takes his phone back, eyeing Simmery after his comment but not saying anything.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:20 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Martin takes the map. "How much do these cost, Simmery?" Once he gets the info, he takes his leave (saying he'll be back at 11 AM).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:42 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Jones' eyes glaze over, so he distracts himself with his new shield. Making the disk larger and smaller, and practicing punches with it. He spins and backhands an imaginary sorcerer, grinning.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:54 am 
Darren puts everything in his pack. "I'm going to go play 'chemist' with my bullets," he says with a smirk. "I'll be at HQ until late, probably in the firing range, if anyone needs me."

OOC: I've lost all my PMs up to the board shutdown, unfortunately. So I forget who the 'legendary bulletmage' was, and I don't know how many bullets I have. And we did work out my spell-bullet-box, right? With the tape? If I don't have the box per-say, I can throw one together at Protest HQ, I assume? Lots of things I need clarified.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:41 am 
[Be back soon. When I return, I'm going to post an outline of the story so far, some key clues given, and other things the group should remember.]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:02 pm 
That would be great; I've kept track of some of my stuff, but lately I've been a bit thrown by things (The post-Octinar went quick, and now it's gone so I can't review it).

;-)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:39 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Let's do the thread bump again!

~it's just a click to the left...~

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG