Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:51 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
As the small ship cuts through the water, all of you, at some time during the first week, think the following: Well, I've definatly had better times at sea. Near constant storms over the course of the trip have left most of you holed up in your rooms, feeling the constant sway and heave of the ship.

But then, last night, it stopped. The day has risen clear and fresh. Checking with the crew, they say that its still over a day left to Freeport, so you have some time to explore. And for the first time, the different passengers of the ship, only five of them on the whole ship, can meet and talk to each other.

(OOC: just one thing i beg you guys, try to make friends of at least a level to be willing to work together once you shore up.)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:08 am 
Yahoo Messenger: scygnus_darkhawk
AOL: Scyngus3535
A cleric in robes of a light yellow steps out onto the deck, breathing in the fresh air as she lowers her hood, revealing wavy brown hair and prominent bangs, brown eyes that smile with her face. She is pretty, but no more. Someone with good eyes might notice something heavy hanging in the left side of her robes as she steps over to the rail an takes a deep breath.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:12 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Krail9
A woman in a light, white is leaning forward against the ship's rail, taking in the scent of the sea. She appears fairly young, yet a bit weatherworn. She could probably pass for late teens to mid twenties. She is wearing a light, white robe with lavender lining, and underneath it the texture of chainmail can be seen. The robe is of an unusual style, with pointed sleeves that circle down below the elbows and folded and tied in the front, that suggests it was made a good ways south of here. Strapped across her back is a very well-made naginata, and her musculature suggests that she's quite accustomed to using it. From this angle all that can be seen of her head is sandy blonde hair that falls below her shoulders, and it looks a bit matted down from spending days in a ship's cabin. She seems quite lost in thought, and should anyone get close they'd hear her humming a song.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:21 am 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
*A young man, probably in his early 20s, leans against the railing, watching the sea go by. Physically, the man is rather unremarkable - he's a little taller than normal, at 5'10", and has the built of someone who, though accustomed to physical activity, hasn't really spent much time working on toning his muscles for fighting. The dull, brownish-beige travelling outfit he's wearing doesn't really help him stand out either. Still, he somehow seems to look almost dashing against the sea, an effect probably caused by the fact that the wind blowing on him seems to be going in a direction completely different from the way which the rest of the wind is blowing. It's a good guess that this is due to the whirling column of air and vapor which has curled around his arms and back like some sort of serpent. Two miniature stormclouds look around curiously from the end wrapped around his left arm, following the direction which he looks in for a bit, then turning behind him to view the others. After a little while, the young man looks a bit bored, then turns around, and decides to walk over to the woman who doesn't seem lost in her own thoughts.*

"Hello. I don't think we had a chance to meet, what with the weather and all. My name's Gregor."

*The young man holds out his right hand to shake hands with the woman. While the serpent-like thing remains wrapped around him, its body shifts and puffs so that it now is more on the left side of Gregor's body.*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:27 am 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
A tall person is accually sitting on the railing near the humming woman, seemingly not scared at all about the drop down into the water. He has a large smile on his face as the wind whips about his long silver hair in the tail he has it tied into. His robes are long and white, flecked here and then with blue bands along the edges of the fabric and he has long pointed ears, prehaps of elven decent.

The man seems totally at peace as he rocks on the railing. In one hand is a long red staff, atop of which is a golden plated metal head that seems to be in the shape of a snake head. Closer inspection shows that it is indeed a snake head, and a very intricatly carved one at that. In his other hand is a closed book, but sticking out of it's pages seems to be a bookmark or something, the red tassil that blows in the breeze seems to be made of a fine feather that doesn't seem to be effected by the mist at all.

The oddity about him is the fact that he has a white bandana wrapped about his head, covering his eyes from sight. This bandana seems to be a Hitai-ate of sorts, with a metal plate in it's center with the symbol of a sphere of some sort. It may seem out of place at first, but when mixed with the fact that a younger man in his later twenties is carrying a walking stick it gives off the impression that the man is quite blind. Which he is.

With a contented sigh, he places the book inside a pocket in his robes, "Such a wonderful piece of literature," he mutters to himself, "But alas I have read every book I have brought upon this journey. It eases me to know we shall soon arrive in Freeport." He then notices he's not sitting by himself anymore, but the humming girl seems to have not noticed him. He smiles and directs his voice towards her to try and get her attention, "I must say, that is quite the beautiful voice you have there. I've never seen one quite like it before."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:43 am 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
A man of medium stature stands on the deck, taking in the sights onboard. His green eyes scan the area, observing everything he can. He wears a blue outfit, one that seems well designed both as formal wear and as a fighting outfit, and he wears a longsword over his left shoulder and a rapier attached to his belt to further make it seem he fully intends to fight while wearing such clothes. To top everything off is his medium length dirty blonde hair, with a long tuft in the front falling over his right ear onto his right shoulder.

A smile crosses his face as he sees the two ladies on board the ship. Observing that one of them seems to be getting much of the attention, he approaches the other, the cleric taking a breath of fresh air. He walks along side her, and takes a deep breath with her. Turning his head, he says, "My, what vision of loveliness is it that I see before me? Fairest of maidens, might I enquire your name?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:54 am 
"Konari, nice to meetcha." She thrusts one hand out of the oversized sleeve to give him a firm handshake, "So, whatcha headed to Freeport for? Money? Business? Somebody tryin to kill ya? Your wife, maybe?" She grins as she talks, especially on the last. Without even seeming to think about it, she pulls a glittering coin out of a hidden pocket and flips it, catching it easily in one hand, the wind not seeming to have any effect at all on its flipping. She glances at the coin as it lands in her hand and then tucks it away, smiling.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:57 am 
"On the contrary, my lady, I am on a quest, a quest to strengthen my blades. These swords I carry awaken only to one who's heart has experienced the grandest of adventures." He then laughs, "Oh, but I am being so terribly rude! My name is Drake Francois Hunter, Swordsman, at your service." As he says this, he enters a deep, incredibly refined bow.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:49 am 
"Ah, I had no idea there was such a gentleman on the ship." She suddenly assumes a refined, almost regal tone and bearing, only slightly interrupted by another flipping of the coin, but it disappears almost immediately after it lands, and she curties back with perfect dignity, as befits a lady of high stature. "I was simply speaking to this other young gentleman that has joined us on this journey across the waters." She looks back at Gregor to indicate him, and somehow contrives to roll only the eye that Drake can't see, but give the same impression that she would if she'd rolled them both: what a stiff.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:36 pm 
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
*Gregor smiles, resisting the urge to chuckle at this. He then completely ignores the other man, although he does make a mental note to possibly talk with him later, and goes back to his original conversation.*

"Um... nice to meet you as well. Anyway, the first two reasons might work, I think... More specifically, I'm out looking for some sort of adventure. Places to explore, monsters to fight, treasure to find... the usual, basically. Anyway, I figure that I've puttered around my homeland for long enough, so it's high time to move on to some place that I've never seen before. So, something similar for you, or something completely different?"

*The thing around Gregor's body begins to puff out a bit, then contracts, and Gregor's face reddens a bit.*

"Oh, I'm so sorry... I forgot to introduce Gundari. He says it's nice to meet you too."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:49 pm 
"Well hello Gundari!" She waves a bit in the... uh... general direction that she guesses would be the head, "As a matter of fact, ya, more or less, though I have to include three in there too." She smiles, as though someone trying to kill her is either an everyday occurance or nothing to be worried about, or maybe something to be amused at.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:25 pm 
*The thing's head, wrapped nearest to the man's head, nods at her, the two tiny dark clouds making eye contact as it does. Interestingly, Gregor seems similarly nonplussed about hearing that someone's trying to kill her.*

"Really? Well, that's terribly rude of them."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:59 pm 
"Yeah, I thought so too. Sore losers, you know how they can be..." she trails off.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:27 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Chikame sweatdrops, obviously the girl is totally lost in thought or just plain ignoring him, which he's used to. He tries to be friendly elsewhere, jumping down from the railing and walking over to the group now speaking to each other. The blind man walks right up to the group as if he knew exactly where they were by the sound of thier voices. "If you would be so kind there sir... would that happen to be a familiar floating about you? It puts off quite strange waves however I have seen such before from other familiars I've seen." Quite odd speech coming from a blind man...

OOC - SOMEBODY TALK TO MEH >_<

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:31 pm 
Drake's eyebrow twitches as Konari turns her attention to Gregor. Grrr... what's that simpleton have that I don't, eh? Such an introduction would have had the girls BEGGING for me back home... He then shakes his head. No matter, no matter! It's not in the Freecrest blood to fret over such a trivial matter!

Leaning back against the railing, his hand instinctively toys with the rapier at his side. That's right... these storms have kept me from practice... perhaps a short single session will suffice for now. He steps toward an open part of the ship, making sure that no one else will get in his range. He draws his rapier in a silky smooth fashion, and the blade gleams brightly in the sun; truly, it is a blade of the utmost caliber. With a quick sweep of the blade in front of him, he kicks up the tiniest dust particles on the deck without leaving a single mark, and then transfers the blade to his right hand, entering a basic fencing stance. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes...

After standing still for a minute, his eyes flare open as he shouts, "EN GUARDE!" With a thrust, he whips his blade forward, then pulls it back, parrying an invisible thrust. A shuffle backwards, followed by a swift forward thrust, "HAH!" Parry again, whip the blade twice, mimicing attacks and defenses as if he truly were facing an opponent as skilled as he. After a quick minute of the Rapier flying, he does a courteous bow to his "opponent" and sheathes the rapier. He then reaches for his Longsword, another incredible shining blade of the finest quality. With the sword, he does another bow to his invisible opponent, and enters a different stance, one less formal than the rapier, a fighters stance. He takes a step forward, dropping the blade vertically, stopping it just before it hits the deck, takes another step forward, slashing the blade diagonally up to the left, and then steps back, swinging the sword from left to right, again acting as though he is facing an opponent as skilled as he is. After a minute of this, he bows again, sheathes the sword, takes a quick breathing break, and then redraws his rapier and repeats the process.

((OOC Edit: SSJBB, Krail tends to be busy during the day. He's not ignoring you.))

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG