Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:44 pm 
Location: Obscurity. No, not Relative Obscurity, you've passed it a few miles back.
Sér hon upp koma
öðru sinni
jörð ór ægi
iðjagrœna.
Falla forsar,
flýgr örn yfir,
sá er á fjalli
fiska veiðir.

Now do I see the earth anew
Rise all green from the waves again;
The cataracts fall, and the eagle flies,
And fish he catches beneath the cliffs.

--The Voluspa, stanza 59.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:45 pm 
Location: Obscurity. No, not Relative Obscurity, you've passed it a few miles back.
Nestled peacefully in the foothills of Anglesheith, a small market town known as Tyrsh to the locals and Tamyr to most others bustles with the trade of many realms. Anglesheith is fortunate in that it is both a beautiful, if simple, world, and home to many portals, making it ideal for a crossroads of trade. Much of the local population finds sustenance in catering to those who flock there for trade. Inns, cafes, theatres, all varieties of comfort and entertainment are easily found in Anglesheith, and while Tamyr is small, it does its fair job of supporting the reputation of the realm as a whole. For most people, it is a place of inspiration, with simple beauty in rock and stream found outside the busy streets.

But Tamyr is more than that. It is the crossroads of the worlds, the beginning of journeys, the end of voyages. It is one of the last links to the Nine Worlds, which no longer is, and never was.

The survivors of Ragnarok find themselves sitting or lying, in various states of consciousness, in a small alley just off the main road of the marketplace. The sounds of the markets’ hustle and bustle surround them as people walk briskly to and fro along the roads. They are undetected and unseen in their alley, completely ignored by passersby who go about their normal morning business. The sun shines lazily on the town. All in all, it seems the makings of a good day.

The village bell tolls. It is an hour before noon.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:56 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
RTC sits up blearily, and looks around. Not seeing anything that immediately strikes her fancy, she looks around for TLP instead. She finds him a few feet away.
"Dammit, not again." she mutters, stands up, and kicks TLP in the stomach, hoping to wake him up.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:58 pm 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
AOL: marauderpilot
Shas steps out of one of the many portals around the marketplace and looks around eagerly, the sun glinting off the jewlerry adorning his robes.
I wonder what curiosities this market holds?
Shas begins walking towards the marketplace. As he does, he catches a glimpse of several people lying in the alley.
That's odd. They look too, well, not covered in filth to be drunkards passed out in an alley.
Shas makes a mental note of them, then continues to the marketplace.

OOG: Since I'm still not 100% sure what I'm supposed to be doing, anyone who has an idea, feel free to tote Shas around at need until I get more of a feel for the game.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:03 pm 
"Hey! Wait!"
RTC attempts to lug TLP after Shas, "A little help, maybe?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:07 pm 
Dan groans, and rubs his face. His mouth is cracked and bleeding, and he feels a dull pain in his head. The voices. Always the voices.

He is awkwardly sitting/leaning against the nearby wall. He tries to get up, but can't manage it.

Calm, says the Helpful Voice in his mind soothingly. Rest a bit - don't expend yourself. Dan doesn't argue against this good advice, and lets himself go limp.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:08 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Eva lifts her head and looks around the alley. She then attempts to stand... but Tamsin's body shifting in the bone-saddle makes her lie back down.
"Tamsin!" she urges silently, looking worriedly over her shoulder.

Feeling herself shift, The Rider's eyes snap open. With a groan of pain Tamsin holds her head in her hands. It throbs and reels as she rights herself again. With some effort, she re-opens an eye.

Eva looks back at Tamsin, meeting that eye. She gives a relieved, gentle wolfish smile.

Tamsin smiles back, slowly, then looks at the others in the alley with her. She remembers them... and yet she feels that she's never seen them before.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:12 pm 
Shas turns around to face RTC and TLP.
'Oh! '
He runs over to help prop up TLP.
'Do I really want to know what happened here? I'm guessing it wasn't just someone mugging you.'
He shakes his head.
'What about the others who were with you? I'm assuming they need a hand, too.'

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:16 pm 
Dan buries his face in his hands. People are talking, and frankly he'd rather them not. Each word drives through his skull like an auger.

The pain is beginning to subside, though. That's good.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:16 pm 
"I dunno. Near as I can tell, the world ended." RTC frowns for a moment. For some reason, that doesn't make sense to her. She frowns moreso when Shas mentions the others, and looks around.
"Who? Them? Uhh.... yeah, I guess they do look like they need help. Hey! You guys need some help?!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:20 pm 
'The world ended? Last time I saw that happen, the survirors wern't near as good off as you. And the time before that, well...'
Shas laughs a bit under his breath, then continues.
'Anyways, I'm no healer. I don't really know what I can do to help, aside from finding someone who is. But, I'll still see what I can do.'

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:24 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Tamsin removes her hands and studies the man in the robes. She has no recollection of him at all... but when she looks to RTC, the words "The Quick One" stick in her head. She feels she should recall the girl's name.

Eva narrows her eyes in the strange man's direction, the fur on her nape stiffening. She doesn't growl, but watches him warily until she is sure of his intent here. She sniffs in his direction.

"Where... where is this?" manages Tamsin.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:28 pm 
Shas glances over at Eva, not apparently concerned with the animal's discontent.
'You're in the market of Anglesheith. (Blah, what HOTUN said). I'm Shas. Anyone need anything beyond obvious medical attention?'

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:34 pm 
RTC shrugs when Tamsin asks where they are.
"I could go for some food, but you know. I don't think I'm hurt or anything. TLP needs to wake up, though. He's been sleeping forever."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:37 pm 
Dan recovers sufficiently enough to be able to take heed of what's going on. Also, his head doesn't hurt nearly as much anymore. "Anglesheith?" he asks, then winces at his cracked mouth. "We're in Tamyr?"

He ponders a moment, and then asks, "Who's 'we'?"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG