Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:56 pm 
AOL: Commissar+Iton
What happened? Where has the innocence gone? What was the moral? Who was the hero and who was the villian? Its all so... so...Messy

The TV crackles and splutters as it throws is blue glow across the darkened room. It reflects off the pools of red liquid and reflects in the empty unseeing eyes of the innocent. The cheery tunes and words, the acted drama and torments of its shows and commercials fill the ears of the dead. But it continues heedless of the silent uncaring audience.

"Here at Morgaine Industries, we've been plowing ahead of the field in Psycho-kinetic Therapy. With the many advances that we have pioneered we have at last built a true haven and safe place for these specially gifted individuals who show the glimmer of a brighter future!"
A lone figure sits up and watches the screen, his eyebrows raised in mock interest as the screen shows a pristine white building, all angles and shining mirror like windows. Manicured lawns and gardens surround the building and the cheerful voice continues over the montage of scenes of happy, smiling people in white coats with happy smiling patients in white gowns.
"We believe that treating these people like people is a vitally important part of helping them adapt to a society that may shun, hate or fear them! We operate community events and drives to help the community at large come to grips with these amazing people and their amazing gifts! But most importantly, we provide them with a sanctuary where they can develop and learn about themselves in safety and privacy!"
the figure reaches across a blood soaked cushion to grab the spattered remote, he raises the volume of the Tv and leans forward, elbows on his knees and head in his hands.
"If you wish to contact Morgaine Industries, Just call us on 1800-472-7654 now and we will put you through to one of our experienced consultants. Morgaine cares."
The figure 'humphs' to itself as he takes a packet of cigarrettes off a corpse, takes a single smoke out, lights it with a lighter he found in the corpses pocket and takes a deep drag
"they care"
and then explodes into laughter. The insane sound bouncing off the walls and echoing in the ears of the dead.

Reality shudders.

Its 2015 and all in the world is good. Medical science has acheived a great pinnacle with the advance of genetic manipulative technology and the human race grows stronger with every generation that is born. Unfortunately a side effect is the progression of human evolution through this new process as human brain capacity grows to a new level. Psycho-Kineticism it is called. The ability to manipulate objects, gravity, tempretures and even other people's mind with a thought. With every year more and more 'Psions' are found and reported. It has begun to become a problem.

The private sector has done its part with the problem, enforcing controls, rules and legislation to deal with these powerful new 'Psions'. But its not failsafe. Morgaine Industries, the leader in its field of 'Psionic Control' had just announced its crowning glory, a centre for 'Psions' staffed by 'Psions'. It had heralded a new age in Human-Psion relations.... Until something went wrong.

Jeremy Wivers. A young man of only 16. Showed early stages of psionic ability. Above average ability suggested that he was indeed a powerful Psion. But due to the extra amount of pressure on his cortex and right hemisphere of his brain, He was unable to prgress past the mental age of 8. Morgaine Industries took him in and cared for him. For about a month. Thats when things started going wrong. Suicide rates around the centre increased. There was a notable increase in the number of mental illnesses reported within a 200mile radius of the Morgaine Building, Skitzophrenia, Dimensia, Split-personality, Psychotic Behaviour, All shared a common theme that blew away any arguement of it being coincidence or enviromental in cause. Fairy tales. Whether the Person shared a body with Little red riding hood, or they killed their family because they thought they had eaten grandma they shared a theme.

So morgaine acted, and placed Jeremy in a coma, For 2 years. The cases subsided almost instantly. And life returned to normal.

Its been 1 year and 8 months. and something has happened at the Morgaine building housing Jeremy. There is a contant darkness about the building and no one has entered or left for over 3 days. Not for lack of trying, But no one can seem to be able to step over the boundries of what marks Morgaines land.

So Morgaine have acted again.

The player take the role of Morgaine Special Operations Agents. Psions specifically chosen for their ability to withstand and react to other psions powers. Trained and conditioned for dealing with any situation, real or imagined., they are sent in when Morgaine has no choice but the last one.

The player needs to provide a decription of their character along with the following.

Name, Age, Sex, Operative's skills and Psionic Powers.

The skills are what your operative excelled at during training and in the field. Be it Medical, Close combat, Marksmanship, leadership, Stealth, Sniping, Computer use, Explosives, anything. Pm me if you want to run something by me. All operatives know the basics of these skills, but your character was the best. get my drift?

Psion powers can be anything you imagine that can be done. Pm me your idea/s and i'll check them. Obviously, the more you have, the less adept you'll be at any one of them. Also, the more innvolved they are with the pysichal world the harder they are to use effectively.

I'd like to have 2-3 players within the end of next week. I won't be starting until then anyway. As i'm not quite done with the plan and layout. And as i mentioned before, I want players who can post regularly at least once ever day or two days. I want to see if i can get this game going quickly. Oh, and players who don't mind a bit of insanity/ horror or bloodshed.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG