Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:35 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Hearing the word "inn" sparks some motion in the weary traveler. He feet begin to lead him in that general direction. Never moving quickly, but not taking his time either. Maybe he can remain outside the path of these "Werewolves"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:15 pm 
AOL: captplati
Location: To have the right to do something is not the same as being right in doing it
Francis walks down that path and notices a large group surrounding an individual that he is not familiar with. WOndering what is taking place, he approaches the crowd, and hears a request for a song.

"Pardon a young friar's curiosity, but I would so love to hear a mellody of our Lord. Do you have anything that would fill a waking firar's heart with joy and faith on such a cool morning as this?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:21 pm 
AOL: alkthash
What serse do you wish to hear Friar? I am not very good at remembering the words of God because my teacher made me memorize them in Latin.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:26 pm 
Location: To have the right to do something is not the same as being right in doing it
Francis sits down on the cool cobble stone. He looks to the crowd, and back at the minstral.

"Oh, my friend! Anything that you would have prepared! Enlighten this crowd with your voice and the breadth of God!! Psalms, the songs of God, may be a good start. Do you know of any that your voice could bring forth?"

He smiles at the thought of a mistral doing his Lord's work. Truly, this will be a blessed day!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:36 pm 
* Roth's current thoughts*
Crappicus, why can't I remember a single word of the Bible!! God why did you curse me as to have a untrusting memory and then make me want to be bard!? These people trust you, they think that you are capable of remembering 50 or so words of prayer. Can I not trust my own mind? Wait thats it!

*What Roth actually says*

Erm, uh sure Friar, just give me a minute to think. Oh I have it now. (Roth takes out harp and knells in prayer position. He strums it gently and chants)

O heart of love,
I place all my trust in you,
I fear all things from my weakness,
but I hope for all things,
from your goodness,

Standing up Roth looks embarasses as to have rsorted to using such a simple prayer.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:39 pm 
Friar Michael smiles

"Good job sir minstral! My heart again has been blessed by such a simble and truthful song! Had I been but a poor friar myself, I would shower you with riches of ages. However, I will simply ask a blessing be on you and your travels, as I must continue with mine today!"

With that, the friar stands, and begins his stroll again down the streets.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:49 pm 
Running up to the Friar roth puases and then pulls the harb bottles out of his pocket. He presents them to Friar Michael and asks,

"Friar Michael may I make a rewuest? These herbs I bought in a fit of madness brought on by inebriation. I have no use for them, as I have no knowledge of plants, so I was wondering if you might be able to use them for something better. Here you can have them if you so please."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:11 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: styx326
AOL: drummeronthemoon
Nathan Morrey owns the local tavern, the Ruby Eel. At 35, he is your classic barkeep: he knows his customers and can always lend an ear if they have a problem. He keeps his glasses as clean as his tavern.

He lives in a upstairs bedroom, and has other rooms for rent, for travelers. He can't cook too well, but he is good with eggs and ham and a few other simple things. Most people just go to the local bakery, though, just to be safe.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:08 pm 
AOL: bryllygg
Lucas, woken from his nap by the heat of the sun, wanders into the center of town just in time to hear the talk of werewolves. Still half-asleep, he listens silently to Roth's improvised psalm, shaking his head slightly.

Werewolves! He hadn't heard anything about werewolves in a long time, and his master, too skeptical to believe in them, didn't like to talk of such things. Lucas, of course, knew that they must exist, if only to provide him another terrible foe to vanquish as a knight.

"I bet I could take on a werewolf," he said to himself with a slight grin. "Two, even."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:47 am 
AOL: kiroth6
Kaintukee_Bob wrote:
Robert chats with Charity for a few minutes about matters of the town, enjoying a brief break from his work. Finally, he sighs and simply says, "Well, I think I've kept you from your work long enough. I'm sure Mr. Chambor has plenty of work for you today, in preparation for tonights feast."

As Charity well knows, Mr. Chambor, the head of the house staff, is a kind and understanding man...unless one neglects her duties. Lord Robert winks at her, saying, "Don't worry, if he complains that you're late just send him to me."

After she leaves, Lord Robert goes to the window and watches the activity in the town, glad to have the simple troubles of everyday life, instead of the complex ones of war and plague that other lands have had to deal with. He glances at the King's proclamation the morning's first messenger had delivered. "Werewolves...well, at least the King is honest. With any luck the scourge will pass us by."

"You are too kind, M'lord."

She curtsies and hurries to report to the lord Steward.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:32 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
OOG: STEWARD! That's the word I was looking for. Stupid English language with its confising me and stuff. Anyway, an update: I PMed those who haven't started yet, which got a few more responses, and Agent_Jarot has dropped. If you want to clarify your name or occupation (as shown on the list on page 3) please PM me by Wed. On Wensday I'll send the PMs and start day 1.

IG: Lord Robert spends the day preparing for the night's feast and overseeing the running of his lands. For about an hour during the afternoon he holds an open court where normal, everyday people can bring concerns before him.

edit: OOG: I forget, FRPG *can* go past 10 pages, right? I'd just check one of the other threads, but it seems this is the most popular game right now :torg:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:24 pm 
OOG: Uh are we going to start a new thread for playing the game since this is technically a character development thread? Just wondering thats all.

IG: Roth apparently managed to miss catching Friar Michael so he just called a random village man Friar Michael and offered him some free herbs. Still somewhat confused by the adrenaline and mead circulating through his system, Roth goes over to a bench, pulls his hat over his face and takes a nap.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:19 am 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
"Ah," replies Moses. "An Inn. Yes...." He smiles pleasantly to Alexander. "Do try the Drunken Basset."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:10 am 
Yahoo Messenger: styx326
AOL: drummeronthemoon
OOG: FRPG's are usually locked at 10. We'll probably have to do a new thread every 2 were-days or so. Or you can do a new thread every were-day, like the old ones. Your choice, K_Bob.

IG: Nathan steps on the front porch of his tavern, looking at the milling locals. He smiles quietly to himself. I love this place...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:44 pm 
Alexander removes his hat revealing a head of neatly trimmed, greying hair. "My thanks..." holding the hat over his heart, Alexander bows with a little smile "..and that is where I shall go."

Replacing the hat, Mr. DeGauche begins walking down the street once more, humming his folk tune, black cane clicking along the cobbles. Passing the Ruby Eel, Alexander smiles and nods to the man standing on the porch "good morning, Nathan..."

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG