Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:54 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
OOG: That would be your mistake, K_Bob. You need to work late OR sleep. And I don't mean 'sleep late' or 'take a nap'. It's one or the other, durnit!

IG: Ritz, having finished her morning work, exits the tavern for a break. She sits in the doorway, remembers being yelled at for this before, scrambles over to lean agains the wall a few feet away from the door, and gives a rather large grin to all passerby.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:13 pm 
Beta Tester of DOOM!
Location: Look above you...in the dark...Im there, watching you!
*At this point, Mervyn is hard at work repairing a break in one of the walls*

OOC: I think I forgot to describe him

*Mervyn is not a large man. Though strong, he is is toned rather than largely muscled, and he is a bit shorter than usual. He is quite fit, however. His hair is long and dark, kept back in a simple ponytale by a simple copper clasp. He wears a short beard which is always neatly trimmed. His eyes are brown, and usually have a sad look in them.

Mervyn is about 30. He was married once, but his wife died in childbirth years ago, along with the child. He has not had much interest in women since then, except as friends. Otherwise, he is kind and poite, but usually avoids too much socializing.*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:47 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Moses hears the man this time, not even realizing that he had been addresed beforehand.
"So you are, Sir," he replies, shaking the ageless man's hand. "Alexander DeGauche, you say? Hrm...."
Moses puffs on his pipe, studying the traveler. "You must forgive me, I'm afraid that the years have not been kind to me...." Moses takes a small ear-horn from his pocket and leans his head and the reverse-megaphone Alexander's way. "What was it you were looking for?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:57 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
Lord Robert smiles at Charity as the child enters. "Ah, Charity," Robert glances at the shadows cast by the early morning sun, and realizes this is about half an hour before he normally rises, "You are right on time. Unfortunately for me, I was unable to sleep, and rose early. How fair things in town?"

Lord Robert is always friendly to the townsfolk when he has occasion to speak with them, though he never loses his regal bearing.

OOG: Once the last 4 people have posted their identities, I'll get started on the powers and we'll be ready to go. I'll start Day 1 before Christmas, but don't expect it to be very busy until after.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:08 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Frustrated with the silence of yet another person today Roth leaves and heads towards the tavern. Once nearby he walks over to Ritz and says,
"G'day my lady, have you a song request of this noblest og Bards? I shall sing any tune that you know just give me its name and I shall sing it for fame. I do believe your name is Ms. Ritz is it not?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:45 pm 
Ritz grins wider as Roth walks over to her.
"Just Ritz, sir." she says and starts to stand up, then changes her mind and sits down again. "Ooh! Songs? Do you know that one song? You know, it goes like:"
She hums a bar and falls into eager silence.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:48 pm 
OOC: Well, gee, Crake, and here I thought it said one post per day was acceptable :P Feel free to ignore this, if you like.

Cyrus looks at the melted telescope. "Um, it's a telescope...it lets you see things that are really far away....or it used to, anyway. I don't think it can do that anymore. And, um, yes. I'm Cyrus."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:48 pm 
AOL: Anaea+the+Blue
"Sorry sir, but we are on our way out, and do not accept returns of herbs. May I recommend mixing them in your tea? They would flavor it nicely, and tea would suit you better than mead," Eliana says as she pulls on a cloak she wears for going out. "Come Cyrus. Gather the telescope and we'll see what the smith can do with it. Careful, it may still be a bit hot. Is there anything else you think you'll want, to explain your idea?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:55 pm 
Why yes my lady ritz I shall sing you that one song. Roth pulls out his harp and strums a slow melancholy tune..

Oh the wolves they came in the night
all oh' the vilagers panicked in fright,
this new evil cast things in a different light,
for who could be a man by day and a wolf at night?

Who was a man and who was a beast,
waiting to kill us all in an unholy feast,
for such a creature so foul,
always speaks in snarls and growls.

Oh what such a plight for the vilagers dear,
how to cope with this perpetual fear?
Who would save them from the fangs of the night,
as they tasted flesh with malicious delight.

Roth then bows and sits down besides Ritz. With a lopsided grin he asks,
"So what do you think?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:01 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Isobel overhears the song and shakes her head. "The two of you are just dying to give nightmares to little children, aren't you? I've never heard of werewoves in this area, and those I've heard of live way off in Sir Goose and Sir Solomon's lands. They may as well be dragons or elephants for the threat they give us!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:05 pm 
I'm sorry milady Isobel, I just heard Ritz hum a tune and I tried to place it with a song I new. You could make a request for a more cheerful song if you like.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:07 pm 
Ritz appears to think about it. In reality, she's thinking about straightening Roth's lopsided grin. She appearantly decides not to.

She laughs and claps, rocking back and forth a bit. "I loved it!" she exclaims, not all too quietly. "Not the one I was thinking of, but very good! I liked it!"

She stops laughing, clapping, and rocking abruptly, in favor of sitting still and grinning at Roth. "Although, was that all? What happened next?"

She turns to Isobel and sends a smile her way. "Nightmares, ma'am? I'm sorry if I did so. It wasn't meant. Dragons, you say? Are there any around here? I'd love to meet one!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:10 pm 
Naw lady Ritz the song has no ending. It isnt meant to have one. It is one o' those songs that asks a question about how the villagers would deal with werewolves if they ever came. I fI remember right my insructor, peace be with him, said the bards circulated it to increase the awareness of those unholy monsters.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:17 pm 
Ritz frowns. "But... why doesn't it have an ending? That's a sad song... sing a happier one!" she grins.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:18 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Isobel smiled. "The only dragon I've ever heard of was in on of my great-grandfather's stories. He was from another kingdom, and he loved to spin tales for us. I've never met a person who's seen one.

"As for the wolves," she glances around to make sure there are no impressionable children around. "Just what does one to in the event of a wolf attack, Mr. Roth?"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG