Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:47 pm 
AOL: Anaea+the+Blue
Eliana raises her eyebrows at the bard as she wafts smoke from the smoldering contraption out the door. "No potions, just some herbs. You do know that love potions are forbidden, don't you? As such, I couldn't tell you that mixing the bottle on the far right of the top shelf with the one in the middle of the bottom and a mug of fine mead would create a powerful potion. Instead, I can tell you that some writing lessons would be spectacular for you. Why not ask that poet for help?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:53 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Cyrus Corbin peers out from behind a table in Eliana's store. Young, unusually thin, and possessed of an eternally nervous nature, he had once dreamed of leaving the town to find work as an alchemist somewhere, but lack of funds and experience had forced him to instead take a position as Eliana's assistant. "Um...Eliana? The telescope's on fire again, and it's kind of...bubbling...."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:46 am 
AOL: Chuthulu117
Crusty and, well, old, Perkins "Tadger" Basset was a persistant Barfly at the local inn, the Drunken Hound. Having seen his share of wars, he had retired to the happy knowledge that the wages of gin is breath.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:56 am 
AOL: alkthash
Pulling out his wallet Roth says, "My fair Eliana I will have those two mixing bottles and two mugs of fine mead. How much or shall I pay you in a song to never be forgotten about your briliance and beauty?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:04 am 
A man of indeterminate age but well beyond his youth walks briskly down the cobbled stone path leading to the village, pausing once every so often to admire the quaint farmsteads on the outskirts.

"This looks like a pleasant enough village" the man says to himself, his blue eyes twinkling "perhaps I will stay a while and rest out the cold winter months."

The man wears a well made, down to earth traveller's cloak and scarf bundled against the chill. Neatly trimmed hair showing streaks of grey peeks out beneath a broad brimmed hat. As he walks he lightly swings a straight black cane, making a crisp click, click, click against the stone cobbles. In his other hand the man carries an expensive looking leather bag, bound tightly shut with thin leather cords.

Humming a merry but trite folk tune to himself, the man walks to the town square and stops to take a look around. Seeing Moses Landon walking through, the man approaches him and speaks in a calm, clear voice with a faint accent "Pardon me, Mr. Landon, might you recommend a place for a weary traveller to stay?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:52 am 
AOL: captplati
Location: To have the right to do something is not the same as being right in doing it
Anselem Francis Michael pulls his thin robe closer around him. He leans on his staff as he watches the city come to life. He is rather young for a monk, being only 17. However, his zeal for the order moved the firars to accept him. As a Friar Minor, he lives a solitary life. No comforts, often out in the cold unless a welcoming peasant invites him to share their lodging.

His life has been hard, or what he remembers of it. Before joining the friars, his life is a blur. He remembers little other than the fact that he was a street urchin for some time. The brand on the back of his left hand has always been a mystery, and has prohibited him from entering the priesthood.

His bear feet march on the cold stone pathway. He has grown used to the feeling. The cool air does not distract him much these days.

"All for the bidding." Has been his thoughts from the start.

He see's Charity approach him from the distance, and greets her with the Sign of the Cross.

"Pax Christi little one. And where has your mother sent you off to this morning?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:32 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Gregor encourages the small smile by broadening his own. "I do believe you underestimate your own value, Ms. Greyson." He turns to glance up the road the Charity has travelled, frowning slightly as he sees the monk speaking to the girl. After a moment, his smile returning, he gives his attention back to the mother.

He steps a tad closer as he lowers his voice to offer: "If you would like, I would be willing to teach Charity to read. She might find herself a better life." He then inclines his head and steps back again. "Think on it, though. Good day to you, Ms. Greyson."

He starts whistling softly as he walks on down into town.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:57 pm 
AOL: Anaea+the+Blue
"I don't sell mead, this is harldy a tavern," Eliana says to the bard. "And Cyrus will take money for your purchase. Cyrus, if you please," Eliana says with a kind wink to her assistant despite her gruff attitude to the wreckless Roth.

Eliana then grabs the telescope by it's stand and plunges it into a bucket of water, stepping away quickly as steam rushes out of the bucket, and shaking her hand where the metal stand burned her. "Perhaps a wood stand that burns to ash is wiser afterall. Cyrus, toss me the ointment, if you please." If Roth had wondered why an inventor kept a stock of good herbs on hand, the realization that an entire shelf was devoted to jars of ointment for different kinds of burns of different severities would clear up any such curiosity.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:45 pm 
AOL: kiroth6
She bobs a little curtsy before the friar.

"Good Morn, Friar Micheal, I'm on my way to the Keep to light the fires for Lord Robert. Are you on your way to morning prayer? "

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:06 pm 
Fine Cyrus here ye' go 5 shillings. (what form of currency do we use in this game?) But milady, Eliana, I shall sing you a song none the less.

After taking his harp out Roth ponders for a momment and begins to sing...

Oh, Lady Eliana, her inventions don't work
these failures seem to brought on by mechanical quirks,
her beauty and grace are beyond compare,
speak of her faults not even I date!

With that Roth snatches up the two bottels and heads out the door humming his tune.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:22 pm 
Location: Almost a lawyer, just need to submit some paperwork and go through interviews
Adrianna is a young woman of about 22 years of age. She has very light brown hair, slightly wavy, with very light bluish green eyes, a fair complexion, and perfect skin. She is extremely attractive and beautiful and it might have helped her if she had chose a different path. Adrianna had chosen to enter a convent at the age of 14 years, but at 21 years she was kicked out because she believed God was a woman. If they knew her other beliefs they might have tried to excommunicate her. Nothing knows what happened to her, she was one of the most pious nuns, but then something suddenly changed in her one day.

Adrianna just moved the town about 2 years ago and people have definitely noticed that she is different from everyone else. In fact she has caused many arguments as she would explain the reasons she is longer a Christian nor does she believe in any of their teachings. All she believed was that God was a woman, and all Her goal is bring love to the world. Her God is concerned only with having people find love, and she is Her servant and her job in life is help people find love and to find love herself. She has other views, but most townspeople didn’t usually want to listen to more, and when they did it was the times she didn’t feel like sharing.

She wears slightly revealing clothes, but enough to be acceptable to the standards of her day. She always wears her hair down or neatly arranged, but even though she is friendly and out for love, she has to date shot down all suitors, saying she only wants friends and to help people find love.

Edit: Forgot to do an action

Adrianna walks to the town square and htne just stops there, just standing with her eyes closed.

Last edited by The_Confused_One on Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:37 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Isobel thinks about Gregor's offer. "I'll ask her. I can read a little, but I can't write at all. It would be wonderful if she oculd learn, but only if she wants to."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:56 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Cyrus accepts the money shyly and takes it to a box in the back of the store. Upon seeing Eliana's burn, his eyes widen, but he smiles briefly at Roth's song before selecting a small glass jar of greenish ointment and taking it to Eliana. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry...I was just trying to make it work the other way. Like a magnifying glass? Only you could...change it, make it see things even smaller, since magnifying glasses can't do that but telescopes can..." His voice trails off and he suddenly becomes fixated with the floor.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:31 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
*Saul Ander emerges from one of the buildings within the city, bids his Master farewell, then heads towards the town square. As usual, his nose is buried in a book - this time, an Octavo concerning Epistemology. Those who don't know him very well would probably believe that his refusal to greet those he passes is a sign of disrespect. However, the fact of the matter is that Saul's mind is elsewhere, attempting to piece together the information within his mind and within the book, until he can come up with an acceptable theory. Although he stands relatively tall, Saul has always been somewhat weak of constitution, and tired too easily to pursue a career in the harder forms of labor. When he was 10, he made the decision to apprentice himself to a scholar who made his home in the town - a decision which his parents reluctantly accepted, finally deciding it was about all he was fit for. For five years, he served as an apprentice to his Master, until he was finally granted status as a Journeyman. He has spent the year since then attempting to come up with a theory of scientific philosophy worthy to be called a Master Piece, so that he may begin teaching as well. Constantly focusing on this task, he simply doesn't hear casual greetings or notice friends that he passes as he walks. It's actually a wonder that he's able to avoid tripping. Once he reaches the square, he sits and begins to study from his book, remaining mostly oblivious to those around him.*

Last edited by Salamander on Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:34 pm 
Noticing a man quitly reading Roth can't help but go over and converse with him. He bows, strums his harp and says,

"Good day, good sir, what have you there,
is it lecherous, religious or even fair?"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG