Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:22 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Oh thank god. Some GMs I've played with before have had a tendany to turn off the laws of physics or such.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:31 pm 
Hey, I'll play if you've still got room. These games are always a lot of fun.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:32 am 
AOL: Chuthulu117
Count me in.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:04 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
i wouldn't mind being lumped into a WW game. I enjoyed the last time i was in one, but i was killed far too easily last time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:24 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
And I'll take that LAST spot, thankyouverymuch!

I'm glad I decided to peek in! I thought I was too late already!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:45 pm 
AOL: kiroth6
Aww, is there room for one more to squeeze in?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:13 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
And we are now cut off. No more sign-ups will be allowed.

Kiroth took that last spot.

So, everyone, use this thread to introduce your characters. Form any relationships you want, tell us your job, and keep it in character!

We are in the non-descript Dark Ages European country.

Lord Robert de Tuck sits within his keep, going over the reports from across the countryside. His lands, as is typical, are peaceful. To the north, however, there are rumors of some disturbences. Robert de Tuck makes a note to himself to consult with his wisemen, wizards, and star readers. While he is not sure he entirely believes in their prophecies, it cannot hurt to check.

Outside, dawn breaks, and the large commercial center (our setting) arises, ready for a new day.

OOC: The town is a fairly sized city which acts as an economic center for Lord Robert de Tuck's lands. You are all people who live in, work in, or are passing through the city. Some of you may choose to be workers in the keep, but the head wizard, wisemen, and star readers are all NPCs.

Oh, and for simplicities sake:

Code:
Anaea (Eliana, gadgeteer and apothecary)
StG (Isobel Greyson, lacemaker and mother of Charity)
Meph (Mervyn, mason)
RTC (Ritz, harmlessly crazy tavern wench)
Talia (Cyrus Corbin, Eliana's assistant)
drummer_dude (Nathan Morrey, barkeep)
Crake (Roth Carn, bard)
Marauder_Pilot (Bremen, suspected theif, rogue)
whymy (William Matthews, blacksmith)
Mechamancer
Werewombat (Lucas Hallson, squire)
FeartheMullet (Joseph, poet)
Salamander (Saul Ander, Journeyman Scholar)
CaptPlatypus (Anselem Francis Michael, monk)
FreakyBoy (Gregor, local scribe)
The_Confused_One (Adrianna, not nun-like nun)
StarflightDream (Alexander DeGauche, travelling salesman)
Gojira (Perkins "Tadger" Basset, retired soldier, barfly)
gregnier (Unknown traveller)
quesoLOCO27 (Moses Landon, Elder Council member)
Kiroth 6 (Charity Greyson, chambermaid and daughter of Isobel)

Immortal:
Kaintukee_Bob (Lord Robert de Tuck and others as appropriate)

Last edited by Kaintukee_Bob on Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:07 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Isobel Greyson is a woman in her mid-twenties. She is respected as a skilled lacemaker, but her reputation is deeply shadowed -- unmarried, she has a young daughter. No one but Isobel knows who the father is, though suspicions run that he is a member of the community. The nobility (aka GMs) have very strong genes, so it's unlikely Lord Robert is any relation, but he is the only one who can be ruled out. Isobel won't speak, and the child doesn't know.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:27 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Roth Carn is the towns local bard. Tall and wiry, with long brown hair tied up in a pony tail. His two grey eyes are the cause of minor speculation. He can't make up his own songs so people seem to wonder where he gets his material from. He is of the ripe age of 21 and seems to know more about the affairs of the town than the workings of the everyday world. It is assumed that he is squating in one of the keep's celler's. His instrument of choice is a harp. Roth seems to have a blonde haired woman in the background with him, but none of the townsfolk know her name. And if they know they aren't telling.

Last edited by Crake on Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:34 pm 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: marauderpilot
Bremen is the town...*ahem*...rogue. At least, that's the term he prefers. Most would call him a theif, but nobody has actually found him guilty of stealing from them. However, despite this, he is still regarded as more-or-less untrustworthy throughout the town. Despite this, he is still somewhat respected for his skills.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:38 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
((I shouldn't be doing this... I shouldn't be doing this... I shouldn't be doing this... ))

Ritz is, quite simply, the local nutcase. She spends a lot of her time hanging around the tavern, talking to anyone who will listen about anything they will talk about.
Except my underpants.

She is well known to be an innocent nutso, and is often a 'mood-lifter' for people. She keeps her hair long and tied in a messy, loose pony tail, and has bright, wide green eyes. She doesn't seem to blink often enough, and is almost never seen without a smile. She stays in a room at the tavern, and earns her keep by helping out there. She really is a fairly good worker, and is quite fast at 'mindless' jobs like cleaning up.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:42 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
OOG: I get the feeling I'm going to enjoy this...already got a few ideas for char-specific powers.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:09 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Gregor, a local scribe, is a man in his late 20s. He does accounting work for many of the merchants in town, and copies books by contract. He does everything one might expect of a scribe except the most common: work for the Church.

Gregor's not a local, so not many know his story. The one time he met the local Bishop, however, both men refused to acknowledge the other. It's pretty much accepted around town that Gregor is either a defrocked priest or an excommunicated monk. He arrived quietly a few years ago and set to finding work. He doesn't talk much about his past, and though he is friendly to everyone in town, few know anything about him.

He lives alone in a small cottage he built himself near the edge of town. His windows stay lit until long after sunfall most nights.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:09 pm 
AOL: kiroth6
Charity Greyson skips along the cobblestone path to the keep. She pauses a moment and picks a struggling daisy growing between cracks. Tucking it into her bonnet she hurries on, anxious to get the fires lit in Lord Robert's chambers before he wakes.

She was pale in the weak dawn light. She had her mother's light brown hair which made her a bit mousy looking with her hazel eyes. Charity was the type of girl who was easily overlooked, offering a sweet shy smile at those she met and prone to day dreams.

She had just started as a chambermaid at the the turn of the seasons, two moons after her 13th birthday, and was anxious to do a good job. Her mother was so proud that she had been hired and she could do nothing less than her best.

And so the skinny little girl, hurried along the path to the keep to do her duties, her oft patched shoes skipping merrily.

Last edited by Kiroth 6 on Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:15 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Isobel watches Charity skip along. She is proud of her daughter, but worried, too. Isobel wan't many years older than Charity is now when the girl was born, and while Charity's position is one of honor, it can also be one of danger and temptation. Isobel is young to have a teenaged daughter; she does not want to be a grandmother just yet.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG