Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:17 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
There is but one message for Lord Robert the next morning, pinned to his bedroom door.

The Great Wolf wrote:
Lord Robert,

Too long have your lands lain secure whilst others suffered. You now have a plague on your hands. A plague of death and distrust. I, the Great Wolf, have taken four of your people as my own. They will do my bidding, and leave this town barren and lifeless.

However, I am not without a taste for sport. I'm sure you have recieved a copy of the King's edict...I suggest you follow it.

The note was signed, The Great Wolf
Attached was a list of twenty names.

Code:
01. - Anaea - (Eliana, gadgeteer and apothecary)
02. - StG - (Isobel Greyson, lacemaker and mother of Charity)
03. - Meph - (Mervyn, mason)
04. – RTC - (Ritz, harmlessly crazy tavern wench)
05. - Talia - (Cyrus Corbin, Eliana's assistant)
06. - drummer_dude - (Nathan Morrey, barkeep
07. - Crake - (Roth Carn, bard)
08. - Marauder_Pilot - (Bremen, suspected theif, rogue)
09. - whymy - (William Matthews, blacksmith)
10. - Werewombat - (Lucas Hallson, squire)
11. - FeartheMullet - (Joseph, poet)
12. - Salamander - (Saul Ander, Journeyman Scholar)
13. - CaptPlatypus - (Anselem Francis Michael, monk)
14. - FreakyBoy - (Gregor, local scribe)
15. - The_Confused_One - (Adrianna, not nun-like nun)
16. - StarflightDream - (Alexander DeGauche, travelling salesman)
17. - Gojira - (Perkins "Tadger" Basset, retired soldier, barfly)
18. - gregnier - (Unknown traveller)
19. - quesoLOCO27 – (Moses Landon, Elder Council member)
20. - Kiroth 6 - (Charity Greyson, chambermaid and daughter of Isobel)

Lord Robert sighs. He had, indeed, recieved a copy of the King's edict. It laid out the method for finding the wolves and purging them from the community. Soldiers, solemn faced, gathered the listed people and brought them before Lord Robert.

He explained the situation. "So, in short, four of you are no longer the men or women the rest knew. They will kill you off, one by one, unless you kill them first. Typically, God and his angels help us as best as they can: by creating a seer and a healer to help. So, you each get one vote. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes will be put to death. I hope, for your sakes, that you choose wisely."

OOG: people with powers already do not have individual powers. If I PMed you a message about an individual power, you are therefore a villager.

Code:
VOTES:

Abstain: 3 (Ritz[RTC], Saul[Salamander], Charity[Kiroth 6])

Traveller[gregnier]: 5 (Roth[Crake], Alexander[StarflightDream], Bremen[Marauder_Pilot], Gregor[FreakyBoy], Willian[whymy])

Gregor[FreakyBoy]: 4 (Mervyn[Meph], Moses[quesoloco], Eliana[anaea], Traveller[gregnier])

Ritz[RTC]: 2 (Friar Anselem[CaptPlatypus], Lucas[Werewombat])

Saul[Salamander]: 2 (Joeseph[FTM], Nathan[drummer_dude])

Adrianna[The_Confused_One]: 1 (Adrianna [The_Confused_One]

Joeseph[FTM]: 1 (Isobel[StG])

Last edited by Kaintukee_Bob on Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:52 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:03 pm 
AOL: kiroth6
Charity runs over to embrace her mother.

"Mother what is going to happen to us?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:08 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: styx326
AOL: drummeronthemoon
Nathan sighs. "I can't imagine not knowing any of you, let alone four of you. This is going to be a saddening time..."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:30 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Roth the Bard walks out among the villagers who are currently panicing in fear. Knowing it is a bards duty to control the populice's attitude he takes out his harp and sings,

"How do you know when a wolf is near?
Hunting and prowling, causeing you fear.
Look to the ones who just entered the town,
for in them surlely the cursed blood is abound!"

editeed foor speeling

Last edited by Crake on Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:09 pm 
Location: Almost a lawyer, just need to submit some paperwork and go through interviews
Adrianna walks out and says "Four in this town are monsters, this cant be? This is purely the work of some evil that must be purged, but we must kill innocent people just to find these people. That is just wrong."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:55 pm 
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
"I agree, it is a terrible thing. But it is as the King has decreed must be done. Soldiers already hunt the surrounding countryside for this 'Great Wolf', but they have not yet found him."

Lord Robert sighs, and then says, "I wish this were some sick joke, but it isn't. Last night, the Great Wolf didn't just turn four of you. He killed others as they slept. 16 others, apparantly chosen at random. Most of you are innocent, that much is sure. Three of the 16 killed, I'll have you know, were killed within this very castle. The wolves have proven that they can kill us all as we sleep, if they choose. We must not give them cause to do so. While the Great Wolf lives, we are choiceless: we must play his twisted game. I hope, therefore, that you are intelligent. Intelligent enough to see through the facade of humanity that cloaks the evil among you."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:05 pm 
AOL: Anaea+the+Blue
Eliana listens, her brain making calculations rapidly. "How are werewolves slain? I'll see what I can work on to help us with that. And perhaps we should work out a system to use for determining who the wolves are? Groups of five say, watching each other constantly, chosen at random by lots. This way we could know who leaves during the night, no single group could consist entirely of wolves," Eliana says. "Cyrus, I do beleive we'll be needing to gather herbs for healing wounds. My cabinet is at the town's disposal."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:16 pm 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: marauderpilot
'Great.' Bremen mutters to himself. 'Just great. The people here already mistrust me, and now they think I could be a werewolf? I'll be surprised if I'm not awakened with torches and pitchforks. That's it, you're staying in after dark now. No need to give more suspicion to them.'

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:37 pm 
"The King's edict makes it clear, that while the sun is up the wolves can be slain by any means that would kill a human. At night, however, they are nigh impossible to kill. Some have managed it, with lucky blades or arrows, but more are those who have been killed trying."

Lord Robert considers Eliana's other point. "The edict makes no mention of such a method. True, it could be effective. Let me ask you this, however: how long can you go without sleep? Any group of five would have to take watches. Who here, knowing that some, possibly even those you trust most, are wolves, would you trust to stand over your sleeping form?"

Lord Robert deliberates. "The edict does not mention such a thing, so I have leeway to decide. I will not force you to do thus, nor will I force you not too. This is to be left in your hands."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:47 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
"According to the Norsemen, a warrior who possesses great skill and faith in their heathen beliefs will be blessed with the power to wear the skin of a wolf. Though they walk as a beast, their minds remain as a human, and retain all of the prowess in battle that they were rewarded for. Thus, in such a state, these Wolf-Walkers become nigh invincible. At least, so the legend goes. It is this blasphemous folly which has lead to the myth that the werewolf be invincible when it walks in the skin of a wolf. The invinciblity of the warriors who were rewarded by the false Gods has been applied by the superstitious to all who wear the guise of a wolf. But a man in a wolf's skin have no more fortitude than any other wolf, and die as easily as any other wolf. Poison, fire, and a sharp blade will all kill the beast, no matter what skin it wears..."

*Saul then shrugs.*

At least, so I have read.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:55 pm 
"I can make any weapon for those who require one. My skills may have been unused, but my memories will return all the skill in my hands as needed."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:45 pm 
May I propose a solution to the wolf problem? Everyone is to be put under house arrest voluntarily with a guard from Lord Robert to watch the door. Whoever goes out from their house will be a wolf and at the mercy of the town? If we are all in fear of the wolves surly staying in our own homes is the best solution is it not?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:13 am 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Moses, listening through his earhorn, gapes, nearly dropping his pipe from his mouth.

"This is a serious matter. Someone has brought a sickness into this town," he declares. "Someone has led the demon monsters here!"

Moses Landon calls for everyone's attention, stepping up beside Lord Robert. "Being of the Elder Council, I demand that each of you be blessed to drive out the evil which has befallen our town."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:16 am 
Whoa Precher slow down there! I seriously doubt sprinkling someone with holy water will keep them from being a wolf any more than my songs do. We should wait to see what happens first. And regardless does the Bible not say "God helps those who help themsleves"?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:33 am 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Moses scowls harshly at Roth. "Who but a creature of evil would object to such a thing? We must take every precautionary measure that we can. This plague has devistated other towns, as you well know, bard. There is no harm in the Friar showering the lot of us with God's blessing."

Moses clears his throat and puffs on his pipe like a chimney.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG