Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:54 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Jared retires to his small hut, disgusted with the whole spectacle he witnessed. "I may be a flake, but even i know better than to attack people at random."

To calm down, he begins to draw, again. "I wonder just what those wolves would look like. I suppose theyd be a human shape, furry, with sharp fangs."

He draws for ten minutes, then looks up, hearing a strange sound. "No...that must've been the wind. Man, i need to get a pencil or something, charcoal smudges so-"

At that moment, his windows shatter, and the door is smashed down. Jared's eyes widen at the beasts in front of him. He slowly tears off the drawing he had made, and puts it down. "So i drew it all wrong after all. I don't suppose you would be willing to pose for a bit while i draw-" They are upon him.

The next day, his corpse is found rent limb from limb. Yet his hand still clutches his charcoal pencil. The wolf drawing was torn to shreds, as if by an annoyed art critic.

Next to his body is a finger-painting of sorts, a cartoonish image of a human in the mouth of a wolf. Close inspection reveals two things -- it was not done in Jared's style... but it was done in Jared's blood. A final mockery to this innocent Townsperson.

Code:
Official Werewolves Rooster

STG -- Lady  Melaina, Duchess of Lyall.  Immortal.
1.  Ruan -- Doctor Cornelius B. Thornton.  Physician. Alive.
2. RTC -- Ritzy.  1337 Sandwhich maker. Alive
3.  Spudman -- Roland.  Constable.  Fell on his sword.  Dead by vote.  Townsperson
4.  talezine -- Mr. Robert Henshaw.  Ex-thief. Alive
5. gregnier -- Martin Task. Undertaker. Alive
6. Dark Magician -- Grammy Phillis.  Cat lady. Owns sandwhich shop. Alive
7. DD -- Molly Malone, fishmonger. Alive
8. SSJJAred -- Jared. Artist.  Mocked with a cartoon of his own death.  Dead by wolf attack.  Townsperson
9. kaclickpoing -- Frederick "Freddie" Fergeson.  Little kid. Fascinated with birds. Alive
10. waffle -- Brother Morris. Franciscan Friar. Alive
11. nate -- Rod(e)rick.  Tavern Keeper.  Father of Jolie.  Lord Robert's brother.  Alive
12.  FTM -- Joseph.  Writer.  Alive
13. Viva La Crotch -- Marcus.  Not-a-thief.  Alive
14. K-Bob.  -- Lord Robert.  Nobleman.  Rod(e)rick's brother.  Jolie's uncle. ALive.
15. TC1. -- Jolie. Teenager.  Daughter of Roderick. Lord Robert's neice. Involved with a page. Alive.

7 votes needed to lynch.

FOS: GRammy (Freddie, Lord Robert, Rod(e)rick), Henshaw (Grammy, Rod(e)rick)

Votes:
Grammy-- 6 (Henshaw,  Marcus, Molly, Freddie)
Abstain -- 3 (Martin, Doc, Lord Robert)
Henshaw -- 2 (Grammy, Morris)
Martin -- 1 (Jolie)

Last edited by SaveTheGreyhounds on Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:34 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Awaking to the clamour in the streets Martin walks downstairs from his bedroom. As he sets the casket for the constable to be transported to his hometown in on the porch he notices a commotion outside. He hears a passerby state that the artist was slain in the night. With a heavy sigh Martin looks back into his shop. "Yes, I believe that coffin should fit him." With grim certainty he takes both coffins onto his handcart and wheels them onto the porch, where they can be picked up to be put to use.

Walking back inside, he closes the door and draws the blinds so nobody can see him collapse into a chair and begins to sob.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:58 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: styx326
AOL: drummeronthemoon
Molly walks out of her home early, once she hears the people outside. It looks like she didn't sleep at all, which is entirely true. Her clothes are wrinkled and her eyes are red from sobbing. When she hears about Jared, she hardly reacts, except with a heavy sigh. She has gone rather numb. She doesn't talk to anyone, she just goes with the crowd.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:05 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Joseph wakes early, knowing that blood has almost absolutely been spilled during the night. He walks to the next room to check on Freddie, and finds the boy fast asleep. He leaves him, figuring he can find his way out of the house when he wakes.

He walks out of his house and finds the nearest soldier to inquire about the night. When he learns of Jared's death, he sighs deeply. "Poor man... he never lifted a finger toward another soul. Damn those demons!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:14 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
Ritzy hangs her head over the counter before leaving to find out who died.
"How're we gonna stop them?" she asks herself, wiping tears from her eyes. She walks out of the shop to join the others.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:41 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: MorethBunny
Grammy Phillis fell asleep in her chair that night, accidentally. She had sat up pondering what to do, how she could help rectify the warewolf problem. She awke sharply and then rose, wandering downstairs and out the door.

She asks one of the guards if there was any activity during the night, only to be responded with "Jared's Dead"

Oh.. A little harsh, but I suppose these times call for blunt measures. She nods and leaves the guards watch, to go and see Martin. "In all your years, in your profession, have you ever seen anything like this before?..."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:08 am 
AOL: SalsaNate
Rodrick wakes up with a splitting headache... what happened last night? He remembers Roland's needless death, and the wolves, and quickly checks Jolie's room to make sure she's still alive. "Yes," he sighs with relief. Alive, but asleep.

He hears the news of Jared as he makes his way into the tavern. "What could be their reasoning?" he wonders. "Ah, who cares anyway. We're dead tomorrow, so let's drink today, ho-ho!" and he pours himself a tall ale.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:37 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Martin Composes himself as Grammy appears at his door. He lets her in and offers her a drink, trying to retain a sense of politeness and normalcy. Sitting across the breakfast table, (a converted coffin) from grammy he hangs his head and sighs. "Grammy never in all my years have I ever been this busy. I try not to think about it as I do my work. But this is just too much." He leans forward to hold his head in his hands and sighs again. "Before my services were only needed once a month, if I wasn't lucky. Now, all this death at once. its... its... just maddening."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:39 am 
AOL: talezine
Location: The few, the proud, the furry. Ricky Rat and his Rodent Brigade
Henshaw walks out of the tavern, having taken Roderick's kind offer for a room. He sees the commotion and crowd gathering, and walks towards them to inquire what has happened. When he hears that Jared has died, his face falls ashen white. He begins to shake all over, and collapses to the ground.

"He...he...he was a friend. He....he offered to draw my picture, MY picture. We drank together........."

The rest is lost to the sobs as he sits in the street mourning the loss of his friend.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:59 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
Lord Robert emerges, his face a mask of sadness, though some see grim determination below it.

Once he has exited the tavern, he quickly learns of the artist's death. His face, if possible, becomes sadder. "I failed yesterday, and an innocent died because of it. Because of that failure, another innocent has died." Mournfully, he seeks out the most familiar face in the crowd. "Joeseph, only now do I fully realise how hard this has been on you. How do you manage? How can I manage, knowing that I killed an innocent man? I've sentenced people to death before, of course, it comes with the duties of a Duke...but all those times it was a monster, and everyone present knew so. Murderers, rapists, I've sentenced them...but never before had it been one innocent of any crime. Even when the wolves attacked our home, I was sheltered from the innocent deaths somewhat, because it was the town sentencing them, not me. But now..." Lord Robert does not complete his thought, simply sobs.

"The monsters will pay, for what they have made me do."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:52 pm 
Alone in the small church, Brother Morris lies before the alter, sound asleep. By all appearances, he seems to have fallen asleep in mid prayer. He wakes slowly, and looks around. "Dear God, what have I done? I helped condemn an innocent man." He kneels before the alter for one last prayer, then slowly makes his way back to the tavern. Before he reaches it, he hears the news of Jared's death.

He turns then and head's to Martin's sad shop to attend the fallen.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:16 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Joseph places a hand on Robert's shoulder. "Lord Robert... it will never be easy to handle the death of an innocent person when you could've stopped it. There's nothing you can do about it but move forward, think about the decision you must make today. I carry with me the memories of all those that I could've saved in that town, but I refuse to let them stop me from doing what I must right here, right now."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:46 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Martin sees the friar as he comes up to the door of the shop. He walks over, unlocks the door and welcomes in the Friar. "Good morning Morris. Would you care for a spot of breakfast before we set to our respective duties? Grammy's already here and we're having morning tea."

Returning to the Breakfast table, He pulls another chair over and sets it at the end of the Cask. To both he adds "I have some biscuits left over, and some sausage I was going to make a lunch for myself later, but I'd be happy to share them, if you fancy a morning repast." He reluctantly looks into the morgue where the two bodies lie, waiting for his services. "I regret I cannot let you two linger long, I have much to do today."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:23 pm 
AOL: talezine
Location: The few, the proud, the furry. Ricky Rat and his Rodent Brigade
Mr. Henshaw, dazed and seemingly lost, slowly shuffles into the tavern. He sits in the empty room at one of the many tables and just stares off into space.

"We vote again...soon...don't we? We...we must decide another death today? If only I could look at the face of my friend again today..."

He crosses his arms on the table, and slowly rests his head on them. He begins to weep.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:30 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: styx326
AOL: drummeronthemoon
Molly has made her way to the tavern, and she sits in the same spot she did yesterday. Her arms are folded across her chest, and she glances up at Henshaw. "It's better to remember them how they were then to see them after. Trust me."

She shakes her head, as if trying to shake something out.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG