Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:38 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Lady Melaina returns to the town from the estate she keeps nearby fir this sort of visit. At the sight of mass carnage, she pales but does not falter. The dogs sniff at the air and whine, tails between their legs. The horses twitch at every sound, too well-trained to rear but instinctive enough to be afraid. Andrew and Luke choke back vomit; Sirs Thomas and James, used to combat, draw their swords and await the commands of their mistress.

"Werewolves, milady," Sir James suggests.

"That's a children's story," Lady Melaina replies, though it is clear she thinks he might be right.

"A true story, milady," Sir Thomas adds quietly. "My grandsire defended the castle of Baron von Goose during werewolf attacks. This slaughter is the very image of what he described in his stories."

Lady Melaina shuts her eyes, but cannot block out the images. She remembers stories of other nobles having fought such a menace, about how one attacked village is too often followed by three more, about the stories surrounding Lord Robert's plight... about the solution her father told her about, years ago.

"Gather the survivors," she comands her knights. To her pages, she adds, "Take a census of all who come here. I need names, occupations... and a column for the tallying of votes."

As the survivors gather, one by one, the following is pieced together:

Code:
Official Werewolves Rooster

STG -- Lady  Melaina, Duchess of Lyall.  Immortal.
1.  Ruan -- Doctor Cornelius B. Thornton.  Physician. Alive.
2. RTC -- Ritzy.  1337 Sandwhich maker. Alive
3.  Spudman -- Roland.  Constable.  ALive
4.  talezine -- Mr. Robert Henshaw.  Ex-thief. Alive
5. gregnier -- Martin Task. Undertaker. Alive
6. Dark Magician -- Grammy Phillis.  Cat lady. Owns sandwhich shop. Alive
7. DD -- Molly Malone, fishmonger. Alive
8. SSJJAred -- Jared. Artist.  Alive
9. kaclickpoing -- Frederick "Freddie" Fergeson.  Little kid. Alive
10. waffle -- Brother Morris. Franciscan Friar. Alive
11. nate -- Rod(e)rick.  Tavern Keeper.  Father of Jolie.  Alive
12.  FTM -- Joseph.  Writer.  Alive
13. Viva La Crotch -- Marcus.  Not-a-thief.  Alive
14. K-Bob.  -- Lord Robert.  Nobleman.  ALive.
15. TC1. -- Jolie. Teenager.  Daughter of Roderick. Alive.

8 votes needed to lynch.

FOS: Jolie, Grammy Phllis

When everyone has gathered and settled down, she prepares to explain what must happen, and answer any questions.

Last edited by SaveTheGreyhounds on Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:57 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
As evening falls, Martin takes to the front porch of his shop. He carries out a new Casket, and sets it against the railing. Inscribed into the lid is carved the Name 'Joseph.' Looking over his To-Do list. Martin sighs greatly. "Fate... Fate I should put this on the list this morn." With a heavy sigh he crosses out three of this tasks. For tomorrow, he leaves the schedule blank save for going to church and burying Joseph's Casket. Otherwise, a day off is in order for mourning.

With a heavy sigh he sets the casket to trying in the open air, it's varnish still relatively wet. Martin goes inside and returns with his rocking chair. Liting his pipe, he is content to sit in the fading light, enjoy the breeze, wave to everyone who passes, and remember better times.

Peace comes in slumber, and in the morning as the soldiers come around to gather everyone, he sighs and wonders why he cannot get a moment's peace in his time of loss. Gathering his hat and setting his feet, he makes his way to the meeting.

Edit: Hmm.. i thought i split this up last night. Edited to copy last nite's activity to last night's thread.

Last edited by gregnier on Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:11 am 
AOL: sugarraygross
Freddie who was long asleep does not know what awaits him in the morning. He and his stuffed teddy are snugled quite nicely together. It could be interesting for him to find out that one of the men he saw the day before is dead now.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:18 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
Ritzy awakens and goes through her normal morning rituals. Sweeping up, preparing her knives, wiping the counters, when she hears the news.
She leaves her shop to see the carnage, no doubt cleaned some by now.

"How terrible..." she whispers.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:48 am 
AOL: EagleScout8414
After leaving the bar Roland had slept at a local inn for the night. When the soldiers came for him he was surprised that he had not been woken up and alerted to their presence during their approach, this disturbed him. He became increasingly disturbed by the carnage on the streets, not by the corpses themselves, he had seen his fair share as a soldier and in his current line of work, but mostly by the fact that he had slept through all this the night before. Also that there was someone, or something that could have done all this damage completely undetected. As he was brought before Lady Melaina he would have normally shown the proper respect, but right now he was impatient for answers, it would probably be very difficult to accomplish his business with the probable lock-down about to occur and this irritated him. Still, although jaded towards bloodshed he still respected the dead and maintained his professionalism.

"Excuse me, mi'lady, but what is the meaning of all this? All these innocent people dead and us being brought here? What nightmare has struck this town?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:04 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Joseph's blood turns cold when he is woken by soldiers in the morning. He picks himself up off his writing table and walks outside, fearing what he'll find. When he sees the bodies, he crumples into a heap on the ground.

"Oh no... why here?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:07 am 
AOL: MorethBunny
Grammy Phillis awakes and finishes her reading before slumping up out of bed. She peers around a little before going downstairs, counting her kittens.
"...four, five, six... Tsk, Mollie!"
She comes trudging down the stairs and into the shop. She nearly bumps into Ritzy, but manages to stop herself.
"Oh, so sorry love! Mollie's gone walking again! You haven't seen her, have you?" She asks as Ritzy continues on her knives.

She doesn't stop to wait for an answer, but instead continues on outside to search for her cat. She wanders up and down the street, eventually finding her licking at a hunk of meat in an alley.

"Tsk, Mollie! Let that go, you don't know what it is or how long it's been there!" She says, scooping up the kitten and trudging back towards the shop. It's not untill she's halfway back that she notices the crowd slowly gathering. Her face drops and she turns around.

"... Oh lord.."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:42 am 
AOL: SalsaNate
Rodrick scratches his hairy chest and rolls over in bed as he first comes into awareness of the banging on the door. He finally stirs to his feet, and greets the soldier with unkempt hair and a droopy face that longs to return to bed for a while longer.

"I'll have to come with you? There's been a disturbance? Well a disturbance means tales to tell, and tales to tell means drinks to be drunk, Ho... hmm." He sees that the soldier is not in a jovial mood.

"So," he says, hastily slipping out of his nightgown and into day-clothes and shoes. "What might be the nature of this disturbance? I hope none of my patrons had too much and caused some trouble?"

Met with nothing but silence, Rodrick glumly latches his door and begins following the soldier to wherever he's going. "It's not Henshaw, is it?" he asks, knowing he won't receive an answer. But it doesn't matter. There is fresh blood on the ground, and the stench of death in the air, and Rodrick knows it's not Henshaw.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:57 am 
AOL: talezine
Location: The few, the proud, the furry. Ricky Rat and his Rodent Brigade
Mr. Henshaw is startled awake by the prodding foot of a soldier. The ground where he bedded the night before is cool and hard against his back. He looks up at the face of the soldier with a snarl.

"Leave me alone! My debt is paid, and I will be leaving this village soon enough. Now begone!"

The soldier picks him up by the collar of his shirt, and pushes him in the direction of the square.

"God's blood man, leave me alone! I have paid my debt!"

He shoves the soldier back. The scuffle would bring the attention of many of the townsfold that are already gathering. Robert is eventually subdued by the better trained soldier, and he is marched to the metting place with his hands pressed behind his back, cursing the entire way.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:02 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Martin, on his walk to the meeting appraises the carnage with awe. Never have so many fallen at once. On the way he stops several times and makes mental notes. 5'11", 5'3", 6'1", 4'10", 5'6"(extraWide), Cat to be stuffed, Dog to be mounted... the list goes on and on. "Lord I hope this meeting does not last long. It seems I have a long day of work ahead of me."

Arriving at the meeting he begins taking more notes while asking "Could I interest anyone in a new dress or suit?"

Last edited by gregnier on Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:12 am 
Grammy Phillis stands with the group, Mollie under her arm, she strokes the kitten soothingly, more to sooth herself than anything. She turns her head towards the commotion behind her, seeing Henshaw being bustled into the group. She gives a dissatisfied "Humph"

He left here a long time ago that man did. Yet he comes back. What does he expect, a warm welcome?

She catches his eye for a moment before turning her head down, talking to the restless cat in her arms.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:18 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Martin moves through the crowd. As he passes Mr. Henshaw he makes a mental note of his height while noting that he's thinner than usual, so he can save wood. Noticing Grammy he makes his way over to her side. "Grammy, I'm sorry for this, but it looks like I'm going to have to put off mounting Whiskers for you. I know you loved her and want to have her with you, but it looks like I'm going to have more important work for a while. She's stuffed and preserved, but I've not mounted her yet." With sadness he looks out at the assembling crowd. "Wonder what could have done this horrible deed?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:38 am 
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
Ritzy shakes her head.
"Werewolves. My mother told me about them. I didn't believe her... Werewolves don't exist, do they?"
Ritzy appears to be shaking.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:43 am 
Grammy sighs and strokes the kitten in her arms, keeping her head down. "Who knows. Things like this just don't happen in little towns like ours."

She brings her head up, her eyes following Henshaw.
"Though I'm sure that trouble follows that boy..." she says, just quiet enough for only the two of them to hear. "Didn't see him 'round these parts till 'smorning. I'd gladly bet that boy has something to do with it..."

She shakes her head gently, speaking to Martin again. "I've been in this here town since as long as I remember. I've seen the comings and goings of all kinds of Riff-Raff, but none as bold as that there Henshaw."
A memory of her younger years triggers a smile.
"He was a sweet boy" She continues. "Such a gentleman... I'd find it hard to believe that he could do such things. But really, what other explanation is there?"

She sighs and looks around a little. "This here town don't deserve such attention... But what do you think Martin? He's fresh of the cells, looking for some fun? Or just, wrong place, wrong time?"

Grammy turns to the quivering Ritzy, eyes wide. "Oh no child! No such thing! They's just imaginary beasties made to stop chilluns like you playing in the woods! Now you take Mollie and take care of her, eh?"
She holds the snow-white kitten out to Ritzy. The kitten is only about four weeks old, so she is still finding her feet. Grammy gives Ritzy a confident and heart-felt smile

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:03 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Martin takes a sideways glance at the marked man. "Grammy, I'm not one to judge. People judge me by my profession. You've known me, and my brother, lord rest his soul, for the years we have resided here. Am I a ghoul for doing what I do? Do I take delight in funeral preparations? No. It's just a profession. But that doesn't change the fact that people judge me immediately by the sign over my shop." With a sigh he looks over at the ex-convict being roughed up by the soldiers. He then looks over at Ritzy and notes the kitten. With a grin he says "So, i guess Tom's been busy huh? Which girl was the mom?"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG