Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:25 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
I've been in a D&D mood as of late.

Post subject: Re: FRPG Bulletin Board
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:52 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Something where I don't have to do anything.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I've been dying to play a Divine Necromancer template for a while now. If you can work that in somehow than I'd willingly kill for a spot on the party roster.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:31 pm 
I'd need to know just what, exactly a Divine Necromancer is, but since I'm basically designing the game as we go, based on what you the players want, I'm pretty sure I can work something out.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
It's a D&D Cleric that uses Divine magic to raise corpses and use them to do all the fighting. He gets to wear heavy armor like the fighters do, and he can also cast healing spells to help keep the party members alive were he so inclined. Most GM's wont let me play Necromancer characters on account of how they're supposed to be evil so I don't get to do it often.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:46 pm 
Will he be evil? He doesn't have to be, after all, the lesser undead are just corpses animated by magic. It isn't until you get into the greater undead (ghouls probably being the least among them) that things start getting nasty. Most folk don't like necromancy because they think it's gross to have there cousin Fred shambling around, stinking up the place.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:48 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Necromancy is a debatable subject. Personally, I'm pro-death-life, believing that a perfectly good body shouldn't go to waste if no one's using it.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:52 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
It depends. He doesn't have to be evil as far as I'm concerned, but if he was he could probably be Lawful Evil. If that were the case, he would willingly work with the heroes if he was contracted with one of them.

That being said, I've never seen anything wrong with a hero practicing Necromancy on orcs and goblins, or perhaps the bandits that just tried to kill him.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:35 pm 
Ok, I have an idea for what I think is a pretty cool campaign, but it would work better using the interlock/fuzion system then D&D. That said, I will be using D&D source material, mostly so I don't have to come up with all the nit picky details myself. the good news for you Kajin, is that alignment is null and void. In fact, in the campaign I'm seeing, your character is going to be the catalyst behind the whole mess.

As for the campaign itself, tell me, have any of you read the doomfarers of coramonde?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:37 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Unfortunately, I have not.

Also, DOOM! Let me know what you want me to do and I'll try and work with you.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:59 am 
I don't blame you for having never heard of it, it's pretty obscure. (Though surprisingly good.)

Anyway, here's the campaign setting:

Ginormous Evil Empire is taking over the world with Mondo Army of Darkness. Last Bastion of Good and Light just had it's army wiped out, not far away. Necro-boy (Kajin) is trying to raise an undead army from the carnage of the battlefield to have one last shot at saving the day.

Meanwhile, on the planet earth: Big super sciency military quantum tunneling communications experiment is going on. Three apparatus (apparati? apparatuses? whatever.) are made. One is at big technical university, one is on big aircraft carrier which is part of big naval fleet (naturally), and the final one is at very large NATO staging and supply base, for over seas action. (see where this is going?)

Meanwhile, in fantasyland, the gods, not wanting Evil to win, decide to pitch in some help, but, being gods, decide to have some fun. Opportunity strikes when quantum tunneler is turned on back at earth, allowing the gods to snatch up a university, a fleet of ships, one large NATO base, several thousand bewildered NATO personal and collage students, billions of dollars worth of military hardware and research equipment, yadda, yadda, yadda, hijinks ensue, and pandemonium reigns.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it: wipe out Mondo Army of Darkness, defeat Megalomaniacal Ginormous Evil Empire, save the world, find a way home, save the girl (if applicable), and generally go gallivanting about being Big Damn Heroes. you know, the usual.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:18 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Seems interesting. So basically my character is the last person fighting on this battlefield when the gods summon a bunch of college students and military personnel who will consist of the other player characters? Is this battlefield in an alternate dimension or something?

balthazar wrote:
Three apparatus (apparati? apparatuses? whatever.)

Damned Latin correspondence course.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:42 am 
Your character is one of the few survivors of the battle, on the borders of the last free nation on the planet, everywhere else has been taken over. You are beseeching the gods in your clerical way to raise an army of undead to push back the invaders, but get an army of pissed off earth-men instead. The party will likely consist of locals acting as guides and magical support, AKA you, and military personnel, specifically special forces, whose job it is to go out and capture valuable targets, protect important locations and generally go tearing about the planet, in deeds of daring do. Due to how the tunneling system worked, the NATO base ended up at the doorstep of the capitol city of the nation of good, the navy ended up in the middle of the ocean, no one is sure where, and the university ended up on the other side of the planet in the middle of injun country.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:47 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Can I play a zombie?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:57 am 
Maybe.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG