Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:19 pm 
I just started a new RPG: Project HYDRA. Here's the copy-paste.

A secret government laboratory in the middle of New Mexico has developed a strange creature. This thing has a huge, lizard-like body and four heads: cloned from celebrities. That's right, celebrity heads. You will get to be these heads.

When you sign up, you pick your favorite celebrity and a superpower. You will take turns controlling the rest of the body. So, who wants to create a monster?

Now hurry up and join, it's sinking fast!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:40 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
From the ashes of CiRCLES shall rise a new RPG.

Being a continuation of a now-dead RPG, CiRCLES II will be based on a story about a bus-load of missing hikers who suffered a terrible accident and were not heard from since.

This search-and-rescue style game is CLOSED FOR APPLYING PLAYERS. Once I have a response from the veteran players, I will set a number of how many players from the wait-list I'll allow.

CiRCLES II will be descriptive and story-intensive. It's much more of a ROLE playing game than a ROLL playing game. I expect frequent posting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:09 pm 
Following quesoLOCO's lead, I'm going to be opening signups for Earthfall II later today, after I wrap up the old thread.

I'm hoping to recruit 2-6 new players (in addition to my Earthfall I survivors) to test a new game system which has been cooking somewhere in the dark recesses of my brain for over 2 years now, featuring diceless combat. It may have a few kinks or exploits that need to be worked out, but it should be a lot of fun.

It will definitely be a ROLL playing game as queso calls it, but it will be story driven and character intensive. In this new story arc we're going to be seeing a lot more of Sirach (if Nephie doesn't kill him first) introducing some new characters and factions, and exploring what's really behind the Council of Adepts, and the other two moons.

Look for the signup thread later this evening.

Status: sign ups are closed for the time being, but this could change. Post in the sign up thread if you want to be on the wait list. I want to kick this off Thursday evening if possible, so those of you who haven't yet sent me a char sheet, visualize it being done Wednesday ;). Let me know if you have any questions/want some advice.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:30 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
In a PM, Marauder_Pilot wrote wrote:
Crossroads and I have been bouncing back-and-forth ideas for a somewhat whimsical Anime-Mecha type RPG, and he suggested that, with you being good with rules and GM-ing and whatnot, that we should try and get you in on this. We can send you what we've got so far, if you're interested. Crossroads will probably have more for you then I do, as well, since it was his initial idea.

I'm gonna do it. Or at least try. No name yet, so look under the Bishotron and Battletech - a proposition of sorts thread for now. I'll be working with M_P and X-Roads to bring you a universe of big spacefairing robots, men that look like women, and women that look like very sexy cats.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:43 am 
AOL: kiroth6
I'm in a new rp based on the Fire Emblem games and system. Basically everyone plays a character and moves along a grid system complete with game inventory and support conversations.

We're looking for new players right now so if anyone's interested please check the link below.

http://s10.invisionfree.com/Flaming_Emblem_RPG/index.php?act=idx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:22 am 
Well, I got made into a GRPG GM, no small thanks to all the "why aren't you a GRPG GM? You should be" comments from everyone who made those comments.

Thanks a lot, guys. Now I have to be all respectible. Rifts will be moving to GRPG, Bishotron/Battletech will remain here. As soon as I figure out how to get the threads moved, that is.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:39 pm 
Skitzophrenik wrote:
Rifts will be moving to GRPG, Bishotron/Battletech will remain here. As soon as I figure out how to get the threads moved, that is.

No problem, just ask your friendly neighborhood FRP mod.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:41 pm 
*laughs*

You have been sitting in my AIM list all day. Oy I'm a quick one.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:41 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Arrr. I be vacationing in the wilds of the hinterland for a week, starting on the 23rd. As it is a savage place, there will be limited access to the civilized necessities such as the inter webs. I will attempt to check once a day at a library, but I canna promise. Thus, if GM forced moves are necessary, I have nae problem with that.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:27 pm 
Ok,

to all my Gm's I'm real sorry for my incredible flakiness lately, I tried to find time to post this week, but between my internship and waitering job I didn't have enough time.

So, rather then hold up the games I play further I shall gracefully bow out for a bit.

Jared, sorry for ticking you off so bad feel free to still ask me comic stuff

Himi, I have to quit before it gets good, sorry.

SSJ - Restart Rei no kai dammit >_<

So, I'm off the boards for a bit. Maybe until the fall. See you all later. And if any Sluggites are going to wizards world east drop me an IM, I'll be there saturday

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:19 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Due to issues, my Superhero Game Hero's Call now has TWO slots open. Anyone interested give me either an AIM shout, at JaredTosanu, or PM me. there are issues to take care of, so i need to talk to anyone interested.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:54 pm 
Hullo, all. This is to announce my intention to run a fantasy role-playing game of my own invention. Just for your information, though this will be my first attempt to run a forum-based game, I have many years of experience as a tabletop GM, so I have some confidence that I can provide a quality gaming experience. However, since I have not run a forum game before, I am going to limit my cast to six participants. If there is a lot more interest in this game than I anticipate, I will make my choice based on the character concept, availability of the player and my estimation of their gaming aptitude from other games I have observed.

The game is going to be heavy on character interaction and development, with a story-driven plot, so those interested in over-the-top combat fests should look elsewhere.

Arcanum is now OPEN for enrollment. Here's the OG threadfor background info.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:14 pm 
Word up, my ghetto brothers and sisters. Now I have lots of free time on my hands I've decided to dust off my long-unused GM hat for the benefit of the sluggy forums. I may be a bit rusty so I'm limiting it to a maximum of 4 participants to start off with. The game should easily be able to incorporate more players for later chapters if I feel I've got my eye back in.

The game will be heavy on intrigue and low on slugfests (although I do like my dramatic action scenes). It's set in the modern day, but expect a mystical flavour. Recruitment thread will be going up shortly for those who are interested.

The Fallen and the Rising's recruitment thread is now CLOSED due to lack of interest.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:46 am 
Arcanum is now CLOSED to new participants. I will entertain a waiting list in the event there are openings in the future.

Arcanum is UP AND RUNNING!

Last edited by LadyBlanc on Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:03 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Werewolves is OPEN and Recruiting!

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG