Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:46 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8697
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Several hours have passed since Neil was brought to the Drunk Bunks, and he wakes up to find that the bright light of high noon has since faded to the purples and deep blues of twilight fast approaching. The Snuggly Duckling is rather quiet as most of the patrons have left for the evening. Jack is at the grill and cooking a meal for himself and Suzette can be seen carrying two plates downstairs, presumably for herself and Robin, into the basement area where the three owners have living quarters set up for themselves.

Michael, the orange-haired guy whose house of cards Neil knocked over, is sipping from a bottle of Jack's famous Frosty Dark. Spotting him as he comes into the pub, Michael waves Neil over. "Come here and sit with me, I wanna talk to ya."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
As he walks over, Neil states, "Whatever I did, trust me when I sat I've probably done ten times worse before." He sits down and laughs, "I tried to show someone my tail, didn't I? I don't end up in a Drunk Bunk or a jail cell unless I've tried to show someone my tail!"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:03 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8697
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Eh, it wasn't that impressive a tail," Michael waves his hand dismissively. Slapping a twenty on the counter, he reaches over and grabs another bottle for Neil. "I got a job that needs doing tonight and I might need a little bit of assistance on it. You want in?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:08 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Insult a man's tail and offer him a job? That takes bollocks. I like the cut of your jib. I'm in."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:12 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8697
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
An hour and several beers later (a measurement of time that adds up to somewhere around an hour and a half), Neil and Michael are standing outside a building in the industrial district halfway across town. The building itself is a warehouse, two stories tall and taking up half a block. It doesn't look like anyone has been there in a couple months. All the doors are chained shut and a fair few of the first floor windows have been boarded up.

"This is an old warehouse that used to be under the ownership of the Red Court, before they were all forced out of this area a few months ago," Michael explains as the two haul themselves effortlessly up over a chain-link fence and into the yard surrounding the building. "Now that they've up and gone, that's left a whole bunch of shiny things up in the air. Shiny valuable things that have no business sitting here unused while the Reds sort themselves out. We're here to, shall we say, liberate everything here from the tyranny of the Vampires."

The two of them cross the yard amidst the shadows, ducking their heads once while they wait for a car to pass by, and make their way to a door that has been chained shut. The lock holding the chains in place is heavy duty, too heavy to pry loose. "Here, you take care of the lock. I'll keep an eye out."

Neil has a fairly high Burglary skill. With that in mind, it's a fair assumption that he has all the tools necessary to perform that particular trade.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:38 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"I cannot believe," says Neil indignantly as he pulls out a simple lock pick kit and gets to work on the lock, "that you would assume I would know anything about the criminal activity of burglary."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:03 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8697
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Neil rolls +3 Burglary vs Difficulty +5. Roll failed.
A few minutes of determined focus pass by before Neil gives up on the door. The lock is too complicated for him to pick open. "Damn, I was hoping you could manage that..." Michael complains, biting the nail on his thumb. "Alright, Monkey boy. There's gotta be another way in."

Michael jumps off the stoop and starts moving around the corner. "I'll go this way. You go the other way. I'll be out my cab fare if we don't find a way in. I'll cry I can't recoup that much loss." Michael gives a quick thumbs up before vanishing around the corner, leaving Neil standing there. Time to try and find an alternate way inside.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:04 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
Neil is a little peeved. He's supposed to be the smart-ass here. Neil looks for a drain pipe, fire escape, or someway to get on the roof.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:55 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8697
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Neil rolls Athletics +7 vs Difficulty of +4. Success!
Neil finds A section of boarded up windows where the planks form a makeshift ladder of sorts that lets him easily climb all the way to the roof on the second floor. There, he finds a door that apparently leads into the building's stairwell and an open skylight. Slinking up to the skylight, Neil is afforded a decent look into the building. Looking in, he can see row upon row of shelving storage. A number of crates can be seen on the shelves or on the warehouse floor, but most of the storage space looks empty. It looks like a lot of stuff had already been moved out.

On the 1st floor, Neil can see two guys ripping open crates with crowbars and rifling through them to check their contents. Another man, standing in the back of an open moving van, is surveying the scene and barking the occasional order. If he wanted, Neil could slip down through the skylight onto the steel gangway that provides walking space along the second story of the building. If not, he also has the option of slipping through the door to the stairwell.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:56 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
Jump through the skylight jump through the skylight jump through the sky light...

Neil resists that urge which worked out so well the last time and opts to slip through the skylight onto the gangway.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:29 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8697
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Neil rolls Stealth +5 vs Difficulty +3. Success!

Neil is pretty high up, so no one spots him as he slips through the skylight and onto the gangway. He can see the inside of the warehouse much more clearly from this position. It looks like there are a few more people here than he saw earlier. In addition to the men loading the truck, Neil can see two more men walking up and down the aisles checking for valuables. It seems no one has noticed Neil.

The gangway he's standing on has three possible paths. The path to his right along the gangway leads to the stairwell. The path to his left loops around the next two walls and leads into what looks like an office. There might be something useful to his goals inside. The final path he can take leads directly out onto the shelving that runs up and down the length of the building. He'll be well hidden among the boxes and crates and will have an excellent view of the men below him.

The truck that the men are loading seems like it's half full. If Neil can find some way to subdue or outwit his opponents, he could take the truck and whatever's inside it for himself.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
Neil sneaks over to the office in order to find anything shiny/deadly.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:36 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8697
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Entering the office, Neil sees a clearly marked control panel. The labeling on it seems to indicate that most of the functions of the building are operated from inside this room. Looking closely at the control panel, Neil finds a bunch of buttons and levers that look like they operate the lights as well as the garage doors for the vehicle bay downstairs. The lever for vehicle bay three is currently switched up. Looking out the office window, Neil can see that the bay three door is open. It also happens to be the one the looter's vehicle is sitting in front of.

Neil Hewlett rolls Alertness +3 vs Stealth +1. Success!
Neil Hewlett rolls Athletics +3 vs Weapons +1. Success!


Neil sees the attack coming from a mile off and dodges away from the console in time to see a tire iron smash into an indicator light on the console. "You're gonna be sorry you ever showed your face around here," snarls the rather greasy looking thug that just swung the tire iron.

Neil Hewlett rolls Initiative +7
Greasy Thug rolls Initiative +2

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: