Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:16 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
Brecon quickly moves between the wounded lycanthrope and the elven archers, snapping out his baton and batting away any arrows.

"Scouts! Quick man, run for it! I'll try and hold them off. You need to get your people out of there, to stay is certain death."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:25 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
When Brecon says that, Oz gives a broad wink at the elves from where the young man can't see them. "Yes, go and warn your friends, your family. Tell them to leave now, and never come back."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:12 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8710
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Ozymandius rolls Deceit +1 vs Empathy +2
The Elves don't seems to care one way or another at what Ozymandius or Brecon has to say, instead choosing to loose another attack at the Lycanthrope to prevent his escape.
Brecon moves between the archers and the Lycanthrope, defending against any arrows that come flying his way.
Brecon rolls Weapons +7 vs Incoming Arrows. Defensive Block set at +7 for the round.
Elven Archer One rolls Bows +3
Elven Archer Two rolls Bow +5
Elven Archer Three rolls Bows +6

Several volleys of arrows come flying at the Lycan, but Brecon smashes every last one of them to pieces before any of them can pass him. His efforts grant the wounded Lycan time enough to pull out a strange whistle carved from bone and blow three quick, piercing notes on it. Within seconds, there is a response from the camp as another whistle repeats the same sequence of notes, followed by a pounding of drums. Brecon and Naomi sense a swift build up of magical energy as several bolts of what look to be burning tar are launched from the nearest walls of the encampment, impacting on the ground between themselves and the archers and throwing up a dense smoke screen.

"Come on," the Lycan says, clutching at his gut. "I don't know why you guys are here, but you'd best come with me into the fort unless you're willing to get blasted apart by our shaman's long range bombardment spells. It's not a pretty picture."

Charles rolls Deceit +5 vs Empathy +2
"We know full well why your kind put us here. Act as a shield to protect your lands from those of Summer. Weaken their forces positioned on the borders." Remus laughs at Charles, apparently not recognizing him as anything other than just another Winter Noble. "But our people are strong, and we have the support of an ever increasing number of Lycanthropes to aid us in claiming a home for all of us whose power wanes with the moon. It is not us who will be slaughtered, but those insolent elves for daring to defy our might!" Far off in the distance, a whistle of warning is heard in the mountains from the direction that Charles came from. "And so it begins... Human, taste the strength of the moon with our clan! Arm yourself and fight for the glory of the Moon Walkers!"

"Hah! I knew it was a good idea to come here!" Shouts the apparent leader of the small gang of Lycanthropes that just arrived through the portal. "Day one and we've already found worthy battle! Come on folks, let's go taste our share of blood!" The gang runs off down the path towards the nearest gate.

"Come with me, Servant of Winter," Remus gestures. "Watch as we crush these foes you find so formidable. We will lay waste to the Servants if Summer and claim this land as our own!"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10937
"Oh, of course." says Charles, sarcasm dripping from every syllable. "Shall I tell you why it won't work?"

Without waiting for an answer, he forges on.

"You're going to send out a set of your best warriors to face what looks like an attack. What's really out there is maybe two or three real elves, a lot of scarecrows and a fair number of glamours. By the time your people realise that they've been trying to tear the throats out of firewood, it'll be too late. The real attack will be led by an ogre, probably veiled, who will smash through your flimsy walls like paper. Probably right about... there." Charles points at a fairly nondescript section of the wall, near to the smokery, where the children are playing. "While your best fighters are out front dealing with nothing, Summer will pour in through the new hole in your wall, and kill all your children, your elderly, everyone who you left in the village for safety because they're not good fighters. Then they'll close the gates, put the ogre in the gap, and fill your actual warriors with arrows from behind the safety of your own defensive walls. If I'm really lucky, then the guys you leave to guard the gates might take out one elf before they get wiped out."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
Brecon grabs the slowest moving member of the party and helps them along towards the fort as fast as they both can manage.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: