Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:56 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"You... I liked that shirt." Attempting to evade the other vampires, Oz goes for Vaz. "Mortal magic is weak... you lack... A singleness of purpose. A singleness of existence." He attempts to grab the warlock and fill his mind with thoughts of weakness and despair. "You lack... hatred."

======================================================================

"Yeah, well, I think they're running a few minutes late." continues Charles, apparently talking to the uninjured vampire. "Still, long as we can keep this lot out of things for what, five more minutes?"

"Life is pain, Countess. Anyone who says different is selling something. You've lasted this long, a few more minutes won't make much difference in the long run. Now, all you've managed to do is give me a reason to tolerate your continued existence, if you were still in control of the Red Court in the area, if killing you meant fighting my way past an army, only to have to deal with you at the height of your strength, for no other reason then because of what you are. As it is, just about everyone in this city who would recognize what you are would have killed you without hesitation, including those of your brood. Those who survived the White Counsel raid have been having the time of their lives painting the town red while you were locked up, in many cases literally. The murders are what drew me here in the first place, and I don't think they'll stop just because you say so. Not when they can just go and haul some poor bastard off the street and drag him down a dark ally for a nice snack whenever they feel like. And there's more then you realize. Vaz has been busy building an army you know, although neo-barbarian horde my be a better descriptor for it. A whole cubic buttload of vampires who would laugh and spit in your face when you tell them to stop, and then kill you, just because they felt like it."

Brecon takes another swig of the anti-venom.

"But none of those angry hateful people are here right now. I am. And as it stands, I'm probably the only person within a hundred miles who's willing to listen to what you have to say, and maybe, just maybe, give you a second chance if you'll only tell me why I should save your miserable butt!"

"You might be willing to save me because I consider myself the better alternative to what you might end up with if I am gone. Please make note that the Red Court considers this city a part of their territory and eventually they will make every effort to take this city back for themselves. If I survive, I might be able to work my way back into the leadership position of this territory despite my recent failures," Beatrix licks her lips with her long and slimy tongue, making a visible effort not to stare at the bandages Brecon is wearing. "You will want me as the potential leader, as I've made it a point to keep human casualties to the absolute minimum possible. Unnecessary loss of human life is bad for business after all. You will almost certainly regret it if I do not end up back in power, as any potential Noble that replaces me will almost certainly lack the restraint that I have shown over these past years."

Fight! Fight! Fight! wrote:
Charles Cane's Stress:
Physical: [] [X]
Mental: [] [] []
Social: [] [] [] []

Ozymandius' Stress:
Physical: [X] [] [X] [] Mild: (Extra Crispy)
Mental: [] []
Social: [] []
Hunger: [] [] [X] []

Neil Hewlett's Stress:
Physical: [X] [] [] []
Social: [] [] []

NPC-Felix:
Physical: [X] [X] [] [] | [] [X]
Hunger: [X] [] [] []
========================================================================
Vampire Master Vaz
Physical: [] [] [] [] | [] []
Mental: [X] [] [X] (Nine Shift Spellcasting Block)
Hunger: [] [] [] []

Vampire Lieutenant One
Physical: [] [X] [] | [] [] (Armor: 1)
Social: [X] [X] Mild: (Shaken Confidence)
Hunger: [] [] []

Vampire Lieutenant Two
Physical: [] [] [X] | [X] [X] (Armor: 1) Moderate: (Vomiting Blood)
Social: [] []
Hunger: [] [] [] (Loss of blood is affecting powers. Inhuman Speed is gone.)

Last edited by Kajin on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:44 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Neil's pissed at Lieutenant One's laughter, so he attempts an aerial kick at his throat.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:04 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Vampire Lieutenant One rolls Fists +2 Vs Athletics +6
Neil saw Vampire One's attack coming long before it ever arrived, dodging out of the way of the strike with plenty of room to spare.

Vampire Lieutenant Two rolls Fists +3 Vs Athletics +6
Vampire Two achieves results that are very nearly identical to that of his buddy with his attack against Felix, who makes his contempt for the vampire known by sneering at his would be attacker as the fists go flying by without finding a mark.

Master Vaz rolls Fists +1 Vs Athletics +2
Howling in rage, Vaz charges for the nearest foe, who in this case turns out to be Oz. Bringing a clawed fist down on his opponent, Oz barely manages to make it out of the way. Oz is treated to a wonderful view of the Master Vampire's fist coming down on the floor and pulverizing a small section of it. An inch closer and that would have beenhim.

Neil Hewlett rolls Fists +3 Vs Athletics +0. Three shifts are generated Vs Armor 1 for a two stress hit, filling up Vampire One's second stress box.
Retaliating, Neil swings his foot at Vampire One's throat, landing a blow on its throat. The vampire makes a gacking sound as it backs up a few steps, clutching at its throat.

Felix rolls Weapons +6 Vs Athletics +3. Three shifts at Weapon 3 are generated Vs Armor 1 for a five stress hit, ticking off Vampire Two's fifth stress box.

Charles Cane rolls Deceit +2 Vs Empathy +1. One point of stress is generated, ticking off Vampire One's first social stress box.
The vampire doesn't seem much fazed by the deceit, but for a fraction of a second its eyes shift in worry.

Ozymandius rolls Deceit +9 to establish a mental block.
The demon residing within Oz's soul howls with unearthly delight, roaring in and out of Vaz's body upon contact. Oz can feel Vaz being overwhelmed by despair as his demon flows in and out through the vampire's mind, body, and soul. The Master Vampire howls in anguish, stepping back from the young White Court Virgin even as it claws the sides of its own face in an attempt to get the images out of its head.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:46 am 
"Return to status quo? Really? I don't think anyone would be happy with that. And while the Red Court may claim this particular patch of dirt as their own, this place currently happens to be no-man's land. A state of affairs that seems to sit just fine with the natives. And thanks to Vaz and his merry band of hoodlums, they're getting plenty of practice in dealing with Red Court. If you do manage to claw your way back to power, something I believe to be rather unlikely by the way, you'd best be coming back with hat in hand. Heaven help any vamp that thinks he can just walk in and set up shop."

Brecon shifts his weight to a more comfortable position.

"Now the way I see it, the biggest problem with the whole vampire/human relationship is that it's parasitic. Even with all that you did, what with the willing donors, and the safe feeding measures, the community at large is still not benefiting from you being here. That's got to change if you want to avoid conflict."

"Take me for example; you and I aren't so different really. We both rely on those willing to give us food and in my case, a warm place to sleep, all at the cost to the provider. But in my case, I try my best to give something back, usually by solving any problems they may have. Leaky roof? I'll go put some shingles and tar on it. Lawn need mowing? Bet your ass I'm out there mowing it. Army of vampires terrorizing your city? I'm out there busting heads and kicking in doors. I'm particularly good at rescuing kittens from trees. What I'm trying to get at here is that you still see us as a herd and yourselves as predators, taking what you need and nothing more. What you need to do is master a concept that Humans grokked thousands of years ago. If you keep other predators from hunting the same herd as you and see to it's health, both parties prosper from it. It's an investment. Set up a blood bank. Even if only half a percent is "spoiled" you'll still have enough blood at the end of the day to swim in, and the rest will save countless lives that will in turn likely donate blood because a donation saved their lives. Keep other nasties from munching on your herd. Word will spread that maybe that Viscountess Beatrix and her badass band of vampires aren't so bad after all. Make the relationship symbiotic. You might be surprised at the results."

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:18 am 
"Oh, come on." murmurs Charles, just loud enough for Lieutenant One to hear. "We tripped the alarm system for you, where are you?"

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:23 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I cannot believe that my fate is in the hands of an ignorant child without the faintest grasp of the goings on of this world," Beatrix roars, straining futilely against the chains that bind. Flecks of her saliva land on Brecon's skin, causing it to itch madly in protest. "I have had enough of this, either kill me or leave me be. I'll not tolerate your presence any longer."

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:59 am 
Brecon wipes the spit off with the back of his sleeve, and finishes the bottle of anti-venom. He gets up and stretches, wincing at the pain it causes his wounds.He goes to check on the still alive fanged horror to see if it's still alive.

"Fair enough, but it might be awhile before someone else finds you, seeing as how Vaz has probably gone the way of the dinosaur by now."

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:07 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The Fanged Horror actually is still alive, and it's healing quite rapidly. The majority of its wounds are visibly getting better before Brecon's eyes. It doesn't look like it's going to be unconscious much longer. Beatrix is no longer giving Brecon any heed, his comment falling on deaf ears.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:12 am 
Brecon looks down at the Horror. Although part of being a Jedi is protecting life wherever it is found, he knows this creature is a maneater, and killing it will save many lives in the future. He knows what he has to do, and he hates himself for it.

The Horror dies quickly and cleanly before it regains consciousness.

Brecon leaves the old bomb shelter, using his Telekinesis Glove to drag the heavy metal door shut behind him. He heads back towards the dungeon pit, baton in hand and a grim expression on his face.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:56 am 
"I mean, the whole place is wide open." continues Charles, picking up a nice heavy piece of rubble. He makes an attempt to bash the nearest vampire in the face with his makeshift club.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:28 am 
Neil gives Lieutenant One a low kick in the groin while giving a high monkey screech.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:20 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Oz continues to maintain the mental block against Vaz, though he's starting to struggle to keep his inner demon in check.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:21 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Vampire Lieutenant One rolls Fists +4 Vs Athletics +5.
Vampire Lieutenant Two rolls Fists +4 Vs Athletics +4. No shifts at Weapon 3 generates three stress at Armor 1. Felix takes a two stress hit, ticking off his second stress box.

The first vampire howls with fury as it fails once more to connect a blow, Neil having dodged out of the way of the attack once more. The second vampire laughs in triumph as its claws find purchase in Felix's stomach. Licking its fingers, vampire two grins in satisfaction as it takes for itself a taste of his blood.

Vaz rolls Discipline +2 to surpass mental block and fails.
Vaz rolls Fists +4 Vs Athletics +5.

Vaz screams in anguish as the despair continues to flow throughout his mind. His thoughts are far too turbulent for him to form a cohesive thought, let alone maintain the strength of will necessary to call forth the energy and discipline for a spell. Flailing wildly, Vaz swings his arm in an attempt to smash Ozymandius flat. The blow misses by a narrow margin, however. Oz manages to dodge out of the way as Vaz's arm rakes across the wall, tearing a massive furrow in the old architecture.

Neil Hewlett rolls Fists +3 Vs Athletics +4
Neil makes a grab for the vampire so he can place his knee in its groin, but the vampire manages to evade the blow easily enough.

Felix rolls Weapons +5 Vs Athletics +4. One shift is generated at Weapon 3. Four stress is generated, becoming a moderate physical consequence.
Felix swings his length of chain into the stomach of the second vampire, slamming into the vampire's tender stomach with enough force to make it double over and vomit up blood. The vampire begins to weaken after the loss of some of its precious blood.

Charles Cane rolls Weapons -2 Vs Athletics +4
Charles Cane rolls Deceit +5 Vs -1. Six shifts are generated at Armor 2 for four social stress. Vampire Lieutenant One takes a mild social consequence. It also gets its second social stress box ticked off.

Charles picks up a rock and attempts to bash in the skull of one of the vampires, but instead makes an embarrassment of himself as he flounders around like a fish out of water, not coming even remotely close to hitting his target. His attempts at deceit find purchase, however, as the vampire appears shaken by the comment.

Ozymandius rolls Discipline +2 to stay in control of his Hunger and fails, taking a three stress hit to his hunger track. You're rolling against a base difficulty of three plus an additional difficulty of two for already having used your Inhuman Strength this scene. The base of three is due to the target not being mortal and thus rendering its emotions inedible to your Demon.
There is nothing here. There is no life with which to draw sustenance. We taste despair, but it is hollow and unfilling. We are hungry, but the meal is wax to the tongue.
The Demon residing within Oz's soul howls its frustration and anger into the echoing chambers of his very being as it tries and fails to take its rightfully earned feast of despair. Vaz is a vampire, not a mortal, and is thus incapable of being fed upon. The Demon rages, letting its discontent be known against the guilded cage of Oz's will. He manages to keep it under control, but he's starting to feel the strain.

Last edited by Kajin on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:29 pm 
Having stumbled past his vampire, Charles turns about and attempts to bash in the other side of the same vampire's skull with his lump of rubble. "And it's not as if there's anything they don't know about this place." he continues, conversationally. "You knew, of course, that Gremory's been working for the White Court for the last three months? That's why he left as soon as we turned up - they'd offered him safe conduct for information."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:07 pm 
Neil claws at the vampire's eyes, hoping to take them out.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG