Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:38 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
From outside of the mini-bus, rain continues to beat down on the pavement as it climbs higher into the sky. The road, though it is really the only way over the mountain, is in a typical state of Pennsylvanian disrepair and every so often, the little bus dips a wheel into a pothole, splashing water accross the road as it rumbles on.

Behind the wheel, Janny Dartor squints her eyes, peering through the swishing wipers and rain. She shakes her head as she sees the next pothole too late, hitting it in a way that makes the whole bus seem to shake.

"Dang, be!" she growls, biting her cigarette, which is smoldering down to the filter. "Sorry about that, folks," she apologises to her passengers. "I swear I'm not hitting those on purpose."

Janny runs a small shuttling service, as you well know, having paid her to provide transportation to the trailhead you were planning on hiking from today. It would seem, however, that she takes "Rain or Shine" to an extreme, as the storm outside rages.

The driver wipes steam from the windshield in front of her face and continues to peer into the bleak, black, rainy afternoon. "I thought this was supposed to lift by noon," she says aloud, trying to make conversation with whoever may care to reply. "Here it is, 4pm, and it's still storming...."

------------------------------------------

oog: You are all on board. I figure I might as well let you begin to play while we wait for the last characters, lists, and connections.
If you MUST, I'll even allow a connection with Janny... so long as somebody knows who you are.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:45 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Sitting silently next to his best friend Jared, Mike reads a manga entited 'Negima' and makes a noise something like a moose when the pothole hits, "Ghhyahh! Ow... Mind watching those miss? I would honestly like my spine intact for the campsite when we get there! Danke much..." He mutters to Jared, "Heh... nice hiking weather we're having. Anymore and we'll be able to just pluck the fish out of the air... causing there will be plently of water there for the to swim in..."

Mike sighs and looks out his window, having beaten Jared for the window seat with a well played game of 'What's so punny?' The subject was math and it was something Mike excelled at so he could toss out more terms in a pun phrase than Jared. More likley than not, they had played it many more times on the trip than the people sitting around them would have liked to hear.

Grinning as he comes up with a new subject, he grins at Jared and says, "I hate to rain on our parade Bud, but these potholes are horrible for reading. They ruin my condensation, how about yourself?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:52 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Justin is bored. He has no idea why he even listened to his girlfriend and tried to go see the wilderness. She wouldn't even come with him because she is staying with her family for the summer. Ina state of general laziness, Justin puts his santa hat on to warm up his ears from the rain chilled bus. He hears some guy making stupid remarks about the rain. He wishes there was a mute button for real life. Or maybe a selective mute button. That would be nice. Mommentarily pulled out of his depressing mood he decides to flick on his gameboy and start blasting monsters in the metroid games.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:58 pm 
David leans back in his seat, lamely staring out the window and hoping the bus ride would just end already. He'd been embaressed enough in his earlier argument with Mike that he was no longer up for conversation, and lacking anything to do on the bus, he's stuck staring at the scenery.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:14 pm 
Tom sits by a window near the rear of the bus, quietly reading through Design Patterns Explained. But the more he tried to read, the more his mind wandered. He sighed and listened to the rain pounding the roof of the little bus. He used to love the rain. He loved everything about it, the smell, the sound, the coolness. But that was back when he was in Arizona, when rain was a rare and precious thing. Now it rained all the bloody time. And it wasn't right. It didn't smell right. It didn't sound right. It didn't feel right. Heck, it didn't even taste right.

He was really regretting moving to Pennsylvania. Granted, business had dried up in Arizona and things had been getting desperate. Granted, he was now making enough money here to pay off all his old debts and start up a new nest egg. But moving to a new city at his age was hard. If he had a company, he might be able to meet someone there. But consulting, it was usually just him, his computer and his refrigerator. The one that talked. The one that drew him away from his desk time and time again for just one more cookie.

That's what got him hiking again. That, and the thought that, against all hope, he might meet someone. But so far, everyone had been at least ten years too young and more interested in giant robots than robot design. Oh well, another hike, another chance. He put down his book and glanced around the bus, sizing up his hiking companions.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:14 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Laurie grabs a book of Beat poetry and her flashlight out of her pack and begins reading. She shouldn't need the flashlight yet, she knows, but it's raining too hard to see with just the window for light. However, the flashlight is big enough to use as a club, so it's hard to juggle while she turns pages. She finally gets settled and begins reading some Kerouac. She probably also accidentally nudges her buddy John more than once.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:58 pm 
OOC - Awwww... and here I was hoping we'd get to RP that argument Zeta =(

Ears perking up as he hears a familliar click 'byoooong! Pa-ding!' he scouts about and spots the guy with the GBA. Smiling and always the avid gamer himself, he waits a few moments and picks up on the theme song right away. "Hey, which Metroid is that? I love that series."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:10 pm 
Justin looks up for a second and says, "It is that new one Zero Mission. I am trying to play through it in speed mode to unlock a different ending. Just goes to show you that I have to much free time if I am trying so hard just to play a game I have already beaten huh?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:23 pm 
Mike smiles, "Heh, I'm the same way man. You shoulda seen how much of my life I wasted on Metroid Prime going about, scanning everything and getting every single little weapon in the game. Bout the time we're done with this trip, Prime two oughta be out. More time to waste! Hey... you ever manage that trick on the game where ya gotta use the sonic dash thing in like a near-impossible combo to make it through an area you otherwise need the de-fusion missles for? Get to see a funny message and everything."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:36 pm 
Nope, did manage to go a whole floor using only screw jump though. He, that was fun. So do you like Halo?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:04 pm 
Location: Almost a lawyer, just need to submit some paperwork and go through interviews
John says to Laurie after she nudged him several times jokingly says, "Hey watch where you put those arms, we are cramped up enough on this bus without you rubbing your body against me." Then he takes out his MP3 player and begins listening to his odd mix of music.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:09 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Laurie scoffs. "Keep dreaming, dude."

Her eyes glaze over at the gaming talk, and she returns to her book. "You wouldn't know what to do with me if you had the chance," she teases. It's an old joke, and anyone who didn't know better might think there was something going on there. Anyone who did know better, though, would know that if something was going to happen, it would have by now.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:12 pm 
Location: Almost a lawyer, just need to submit some paperwork and go through interviews
John under his breath but loud enough for Laurie to hear says "It wouldnt be hard to deal with you."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:23 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
She smirks, glances down briefly, and says, "It wouldn't? That's a shame."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:26 pm 
John, unable to think of a good response to Laurie, just goes back to his music and allows her to win. After a few seconds, he decides to pull out the cards and asks those on the bus near him if they want to play a card game.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG