Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:33 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Mike gives a little laugh, "Heh, I love the screw attack... and speaking of..." He pauses a moment to take in the someone intimate sounding conversation, and then realises it's just a funny joking contest and turns back to his new bud. "Never played it really, never got my hands on an X-box. I'm still getting over that whole Bill Gates owning the planet thing. I do like Half-Life and it's mods however, and I hear the games are rather simmalar in playing structure, so I suppose I will like Halo when I get around to playing it." Mike yawns and pulls out a paper bag, from which he draws a plastic bag of sunflower seeds. He pours a few in his mouth and begins to crunch them absent-mindedly as he spits the shells into the paper bag. He pulls out his own GBA and begins to play Kingdom Hearts; Chained Memories.

After a rather noisy crack, he calls up to the driver, "Hey Ms, any chance of stopping anytime soon? Nature isn't calling quite yet but I can see her walking up the driveway."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:07 pm 
Drawn into the conversation by way of Mike's leaving it, David edges closer to Justin and replies in the anime-freak's stead. "I'm a pretty big Halo fan myself, although I don't own the game. Figure I already know a few guys who own the game, so why not just take advantage of that?" All those nearby will notice at this point that David seems to have little control over the volume of his own voice, and currently it seems stuck on loud.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:31 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Janny, who was concentrating too intensely on the road to respond before to Mike (whose name she doesn't remember anyway), does hear him this time. "We've still got a good 20 miles to go," she responds, glancing back over her shoulder long enough to hit a pothole, wrench the wheel, and bite down harder on her cigarette stub.

"PenDot...!" she mutters as if mentioning the Department of Transportation was a curse. "Sorry, kid... you'd better hold it. There's no place to pull off until we get to the trail. Even if there was, This rain's so hard that we'd probably get stuck in the mud... and I wasn't really planning on a hike today."

Planned or not, Janny's own internal-frame backpack (a vibrant safety yellow in color) is wedged behind her seat and the padded, green seating barrior. She always kept it packed in case the mood for a one-way hike ever struck her... rain or shine.

"How's everybody holding up back there?" she calls back over her shoulder as she wipes her steaming windshield with her hand again, then fumbles for her cigarettes and lighter.

Outside, the storm doesn't cease.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:54 pm 
David shouts back to the driver before turning back to Justin,"Good enough!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:14 pm 
AOL: alkthash
"Aw sonova!-" swears Justin as his Gameboy dies on him. Apperently the battery casing was jarred lose by the constant bumping. In a desperate attempt to recover his batteries he crawls down on the floor and starts to go under the chairs looking for them.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:34 pm 
David watches one roll right past him and down towards the back of the bus, lamely commenting, "There goes one," instead of actually trying to catch it for him.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:01 pm 
AOL: kiroth6
Karolyn types away on her PDA, managing to finish a message despite the bumps and jostling.

Ugg this is awful. I can't believe the government would allow the roads to get so bad. This bus needs new tires or shocks or something.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:07 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Justin turns his head towards where David spotted one. This quick action causes him to hit his head on the metal chair leg. Muttering exletives Justin continues to search for his AA batteries.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:08 pm 
Mike smiles, "Ah the ever expansive vocabulary. Charming, really it is."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:08 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Jared shakes his head. He's basically missed most of the conversation as, unlike Mike, he has no problem keeping the concentration on the book hes reading.

OOC: You HAD to start while i was at work.....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:09 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
kiroth wrote:
Ugg this is awful. I can't believe the government would allow the roads to get so bad. This bus needs new tires or shocks or something.

Laurie doesn't even look up. "Nope. This is standard issue. You should see the roads in Philly in March." The flashlight whacks John in the shoulder at a bump. "Sorry, man."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:13 pm 
AOL: kiroth6
How much worse can it get?!

Karolyn murmurs incrdulously. She looks out the window at the nasty weather.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:15 am 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Kiroth 6 wrote:
How much worse can it get?!

oog: Bad Kiroth! No cookie!

Janny lights up another ciggy, holding both the fresh and the dead one between her lips. She returns her lighter to her pocket and takes what's left of the dearly deceased cigarette, smashing it in an ashtray bolted beside the wheel.

Thunder booms, shaking the flimsy sides of the bus, causing even Janny to jump. Rain pounds down almost as if it was being poured instead of sprinkled.

"Dangit, I hate storms!" she mutters. "Reminds me of those stories...."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:19 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Jared looks up. "So it's a storm. Big deal. I say we just pull over and camp in the bus till it passes, but thats just me."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:26 am 
Mike shuts off his game after a quick save when the boomers hit, almost as if he doesn't want it to get overloaded even though nothing short of a bolt of lightning will kill the thing. He looks out the window, "Meh. Storms wont bother this big ass bus. The only reason we'd need to stop is if the visibility drops. And if that happens we'd need to worry about other cars not seeing us." He grins and attempts to get into it with Jared again, "Pour Jared! Feeling wet behind the ears are we?"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG