Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:11 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Mike sweatdrops, "Heh... you don't pay attention much do ya Dave? The punning is over, come join us in song! ...and by the way, if you wish to get back in this repeatitive conversation again I'll try once more to open your eyes about Anime. But honestly? Why in the world do people still locked in the box think all animation is for children? And why in the HELL does all Japanese Animation fall under the category, 'Pokemon.'?! This book is a far cry from that crap. Yesh - Pokemon was catered for children but Negima? I think not my fine jock wearing friend."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:12 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Laurie hisses to John, "We were both in Scouts. We've gotta be able to come up with something better than this." She adds, "And I don't *need* a man. It's just dumb to stay oblivious to your options." At this, she pokes him.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:14 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Jared stops singing. "oh, its time to discuss anime? whats the topic?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:15 am 
Location: Almost a lawyer, just need to submit some paperwork and go through interviews
John pokes Laurie back "Hey, cut it out, just admit the truth, free yourself from the illusion you are living behind." At that point John bursts out laughing and hopes she remembers the class they took their last semester. Then he says "We didnt sing songs Laurie, we did skits, I dont know how we can do it here. BUt maybe we can get a game or something."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:15 am 
"Today's topic is - Jocks! And why they have no sense for alternitive cultures."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:16 am 
AOL: kiroth6
Karolyn pointedly ignores the wierdos, wrinkling her brow briefly at the self-proclaimed animation nerd.

She types something on her PDA, no doubt bashing all the wierdos on the bus.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:17 am 
(ooc - Commonly ignored fact that I feel like bringing up now: almost all anime really is produced for kids)

David is once again angry now, and it's become fairly obvious at this point that it isn't hard to lure him into an argument. That's why it's such a shame he isn't better at them. "I didn't mention puns, did I? I said I'm sick of your games, and that includes your little sing-song there. If I wanted to hear what a dying elephant sounded like, I'd have gone to the zoo..." He trails off for a second, as if realizing too late that he'd have to go to the zoo with a high powered rifle to be ensured that he'd hear a dying elephant, but he doesn't let it faze him for too long. "And we already went over this anime thing; its meant for kids! It's a cartoon for chris'sake!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:19 am 
"Oh really? Is SOUTH PARK for kids? Maybe those old Spawn cartoons on HBO?" Jared is keeping fairly calm, but hes simmering.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:20 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
"I don't know what illusions you're talking about, but here's some facts. Sharon wanted you, but you enver made a move. She graduated and moved to Connecticut, and never gave you her cell number. Alexis was into you. She thought you weren't interested and is now with Marty. Hell, Jason had a thing for you. Ok, that one's different, but still! Oblivious!
Also, you can take your Victorian ideals about woman and shove them up your scrawny -- Damn it!" as she gets cut off by a violent bump. She adds, a little louder, "Are you telling me I'm the only one here who knows any good camping songs? Cut me a break, I never wanted to be a Girl SCout leader and I still don;t."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:22 am 
"Hell, you tell me. I hear kids all the time talking about South Park, shouldn't that tell you something?" Although he completely made up the fact that he's heard kids talk about that, he's actually suprised himself by making a valid point.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:22 am 
"That's another topic for another day, called 'parents who dont track their kids tv watching'."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:23 am 
OOC - No - Anime in america is RE-PRODUCED for kids... at least most of it. There are a few companies trying to preserve the fact that most anime is made for the teenage/young adult culture. Most anime in Japan is shown during Prime Time for famillies or young adults to watch. It's an amazing market.

"So all animation is for kids eh? Okay, let's have a four year old watch South Park, or better yet! How about Cool World! Cause nothing says, 'I'm ment for kids' better than a horny toon trying to bone a guy from the real world all the time! Come on now... as corny as Dragon Ball was, and I'm using that as an example cause you -HAVE- to have heard of it, they had to EDIT THE ANIMATION. You don't edit things ment for kids cause theres too much blood or violence, hell, the early stages of DBZ had less violence in it than a freaken Bugs Bunny cartoon! You EDIT thing to MAKE it for that target demographic. It's not anime that's for kids, is American-Anime that is. THIS" he holds up his book, "Is NOT American Anime."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:25 am 
"Correct. I could list to you a good half dozen animes off the top of my head even JAPANESE kids shouldnt watch, and they have looser standards and censorship then here."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:29 am 
Location: Almost a lawyer, just need to submit some paperwork and go through interviews
John quiets down and softly mutters "Sharon wante dme and Alexis was into me?? How do you know? I really liked Sharon and had thoughts about Alexis, but they didnt feel anything for me, there was nothign there. You must have imagined it all." By the end John changed from a soft tone to a stern tone.

Last edited by The_Confused_One on Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:29 am 
"Meh!" David tosses his hands up as if unconvinced. "I don't see any proof."

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG